These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Go ahead CCP, listen to the people in the "make null virbant again" thread

First post
Author
Torvin Yulus
Doomheim
#21 - 2012-06-21 05:53:13 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Dosnix
*snip*
Edit: Off topic post

ISD Dosnix

im a pubby and im proud

Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#22 - 2012-06-21 06:30:06 UTC
All of High Sec should become Faction vs Faction, with all PvE missions/Incursions tied into that conflict. Players want to do PvE missions/Incursions they need to pick a side and be prepared to have to deal with that factions enemies, including other players. With that NPC corps should all be in a state of war with enemy NPC corps, and all be wardecable by player corps.

Wardecs just need to be rolled back pre P. alliance nerf, all this work on a new system is wasted time.

CONCORD should become beatable and avoidable again. A force to be feared, but not the hand of god.

CCP should also change the terminology of different areas of space from High, Low, and Null Security to Empire, Borderlands, and Frontier Space. High security gives some players the wrong idea, and the expectation that they should be immune from other players, that's not good.
Mirima Thurander
#23 - 2012-06-21 06:38:59 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Just gonna repost this.

This is why I'm more for increasing risk rather then nerf reward by removing NPC corps and fixing wardec evasion as well as boosting industry.
Because the issue at hand isn't merely making 0.0 more alluring to casual miners/small-indy players (although that is important too), but also make letting those carebears in more alluring to nullsec alliance leaders.

Briefly put, the amount of incentives that a nullsec alliance leader would need to replace just getting a handful of guys with freighter alts in NPC corps to just load up in Jita with all the supplies (sold at cutthroat, rock bottom wholesale prices) they could possibly need and autopilot down to the deployment system 100% risk free and replace that with thousands of PVP-averse bears who need lots of protection and are free to charge a far higher price, would be gamebreaking. Incentivising in-house industry as a desireable alternate to trade hub supply convoys necessarily means making supply convoys less feasible to do, and that involves investigating highsec logistics, because highsec and nullsec logistics are for the most part the same thing.

People moan about the nullsec logistics train that docks in a trade hub manhours of technetium and leaves with mandecades of low-end minerals to build things with, and how jump bridges help with that, but very few people question about why noone seems able to disrupt these highsec convoys despite these unprotected freighters taking nearly zero precautions.

i wonder how hard it would be to simply add in a bit of code that goes WELL there in a NPC corp no flying a frighter/JF for them.

All automated intel should be removed from the game including Instant local/jumps/kills/cynos for all systems/regions.Eve should report nothing like this to the client/3rd party software.Intel should not be force fed to players. Player skill and iniative should be the sources of intel.

Flex Carter
Caldari Independant Mining Association
#24 - 2012-06-21 06:41:42 UTC
Xorv wrote:
All of High Sec should become Faction vs Faction, with all PvE missions/Incursions tied into that conflict. Players want to do PvE missions/Incursions they need to pick a side and be prepared to have to deal with that factions enemies, including other players. With that NPC corps should all be in a state of war with enemy NPC corps, and all be wardecable by player corps.

Wardecs just need to be rolled back pre P. alliance nerf, all this work on a new system is wasted time.

CONCORD should become beatable and avoidable again. A force to be feared, but not the hand of god.

CCP should also change the terminology of different areas of space from High, Low, and Null Security to Empire, Borderlands, and Frontier Space. High security gives some players the wrong idea, and the expectation that they should be immune from other players, that's not good.

Wow...are we allowed to design our own game here in the sandbox or are you just suggesting we re-invent the wheel?
Xorv
#25 - 2012-06-21 06:49:14 UTC
Flex Carter wrote:

Wow...are we allowed to design our own game here in the sandbox or are you just suggesting we re-invent the wheel?

Fine, we can just go with removing Incursions, level 4, 3, and possible 2 missions from High Sec. and limit NPC corp players to T1 frigates as was suggested earlier.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#26 - 2012-06-21 06:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Simi Kusoni
Mirima Thurander wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Just gonna repost this.

This is why I'm more for increasing risk rather then nerf reward by removing NPC corps and fixing wardec evasion as well as boosting industry.
Because the issue at hand isn't merely making 0.0 more alluring to casual miners/small-indy players (although that is important too), but also make letting those carebears in more alluring to nullsec alliance leaders.

Briefly put, the amount of incentives that a nullsec alliance leader would need to replace just getting a handful of guys with freighter alts in NPC corps to just load up in Jita with all the supplies (sold at cutthroat, rock bottom wholesale prices) they could possibly need and autopilot down to the deployment system 100% risk free and replace that with thousands of PVP-averse bears who need lots of protection and are free to charge a far higher price, would be gamebreaking. Incentivising in-house industry as a desireable alternate to trade hub supply convoys necessarily means making supply convoys less feasible to do, and that involves investigating highsec logistics, because highsec and nullsec logistics are for the most part the same thing.

People moan about the nullsec logistics train that docks in a trade hub manhours of technetium and leaves with mandecades of low-end minerals to build things with, and how jump bridges help with that, but very few people question about why noone seems able to disrupt these highsec convoys despite these unprotected freighters taking nearly zero precautions.

i wonder how hard it would be to simply add in a bit of code that goes WELL there in a NPC corp no flying a frighter/JF for them.

I'd rather they added a piece of code that just gave them a suspect flag for flying certain ship classes whilst in an NPC corp. Pretty sure some lore could be made up to support it too.

Plus CCP are always looking for ways to get new players into player corps, pretty sure "you can't safely fly any of the larger ships in an NPC corp" would help.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Flex Carter
Caldari Independant Mining Association
#27 - 2012-06-21 07:03:58 UTC
Xorv wrote:
Flex Carter wrote:

Fine, we can just go with removing Incursions, level 4, 3, and possible 2 missions from High Sec. and limit NPC corp players to T1 frigates as was suggested earlier.

To what end? Are you demanding all Highsec'ers move to low or null? What benny's are you providing for encouragment? CCP may nerf Highsec (to an extent Roll) but that's no motivation to pack our #$%^ and move to Bev-Hills.... What makes your idea any different? I'm just trying to get a handle on this drastic change of gameplay you guys want to enforce upon others...
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#28 - 2012-06-21 07:18:01 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Nick Bete wrote:
Why do you hive mind geniuses of the goonies care? Let everyone play the damned game as they see fit.

We don't care if you move to nullsec or not. We do care, however, that actually living in nullsec (i.e. not just logging in your nullsec PvP main for fleets, but actually living there) is simply not worth the extra effort and risk compared to making ISK with a hisec l4 alt.

Also answer the other question I asked.

It's also not worth the extra effort and risk compared to making ISK with an hi sec L3 alt. And even L2.

What are you going, leave L1 and that's it?

Not for a second your mind is hit by the mere thought that maybe the answer is not to make hi sec a sh!t but to make 0.0 a pleasant place to be.
Heinrich Rotwang
Spectre Fleet Corporation
#29 - 2012-06-21 07:20:13 UTC
Why can't my customers be more like eve fanbase? You adapt to everything without asking to many questions, demand nothing in return and you're doing the job CCP is charging you subscription fee for every month by working out solutions to the products issues on your own. And you bring your own content too, like it was free to play. That's awesome.

Stockholm syndrome at its best.
Xorv
#30 - 2012-06-21 07:21:19 UTC
Flex Carter wrote:
I'm just trying to get a handle on this drastic change of gameplay you guys want to enforce upon others...

Who's enforcing gameplay on whom? A High Sec that provides both security in the form of CONCORD/Crimewatch and high value PvE makes it the preferable place to make ISK for just about everyone, not because that's the gameplay that everyone wants, but because it's the most efficient means in terms or risk and effort vs reward of making ISK in what is from the foundation up a competitive game. To balance High sec with the rest of the game it either needs to have it's risk factor upped substantially or have it's PvE gutted.

Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2012-06-21 07:26:52 UTC
Xorv wrote:

This would be an interesting way of adding risk to the lives of highsec mission runners. If choosing to work for an NPC corp came with war targets and faction police agro, they would have to think twice about drinking from that isk fountain.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#32 - 2012-06-21 07:27:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Xorv wrote:
Flex Carter wrote:
I'm just trying to get a handle on this drastic change of gameplay you guys want to enforce upon others...

Who's enforcing gameplay on whom? A High Sec that provides both security in the form of CONCORD/Crimewatch and high value PvE makes it the preferable place to make ISK for just about everyone, not because that's the gameplay that everyone wants, but because it's the most efficient means in terms or risk and effort vs reward of making ISK in what is from the foundation up a competitive game. To balance High sec with the rest of the game it either needs to have it's risk factor upped substantially or have it's PvE gutted.

I will leave this here:

If you completely removed Hi sec, 0.0 is still not worth paying a sub for.

So go ahead, TRY it. Remove hi sec for 3 months then print the subscription numbers.

I will give you 5B if you win this bet.

Also, by being arrogant prats against fellow players who chose to live away from your empty far west you gain ZERO support by them for what would be totally worthwhile requests to have CCP improve 0.0.
Schalac
Apocalypse Reign
#33 - 2012-06-21 07:32:45 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Nick Bete wrote:
Why do you hive mind geniuses of the goonies care? Let everyone play the damned game as they see fit.

We don't care if you move to nullsec or not. We do care, however, that actually living in nullsec (i.e. not just logging in your nullsec PvP main for fleets, but actually living there) is simply not worth the extra effort and risk compared to making ISK with a hisec l4 alt.

Also answer the other question I asked.

Well then maybe you need to find a more communal corp to be a part of that shares the wealth it's creating on your back. I would bet your alliance makes trillions a month off of null sec activities. Yet you as a member need to run level 4s in high sec... lol.

So I ask who the chimp is here, the guys that live in highsec doing what they do for fun and making money? Or the chump that is getting other people rich with their work and working a second character to fund it?

SCHALAC HAS SPOKEN!! http://eveboard.com/pilot/Schalac

Xorv
#34 - 2012-06-21 07:36:51 UTC
Leave whatever you like Vaerah, but my post didn't talk about removing Highsec, and my goal isn't to make everyone move to Nullsec. So, you didn't really leave me anything to respond to let alone "bet" against.
Ten Bulls
Sons of Olsagard
#35 - 2012-06-21 07:39:37 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

Let the lead dev run wild with the nerf hammer in high sec.

Thats the way it is now.
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-06-21 07:39:44 UTC
1) Choice not prescription.

2) Avoid the paranoia jelly, it really doen't taste nice and should come with a health warning. Seems to be served all over New Eden however.

3) All regions need appropriate attention. Sure this can be done without having to adopt models of breaking others?

4) Risk vs Reward is relevant and should be a useful aid with applying "comparative" benefits, but it doesn't mean any region should "have to" be the end game on that ladder or having a steadfast linear progression model that you should migrate to the lowest system security number possible to finish personal achievement. (Despite that EVE doesnt have an "end game" imho, except for the ban hammer and unsub button).

5) Prefer to avoid "gameplay" monopolies, but realise some unique elements may be needed for different playstyles and regional mechanics.

tl;dr: I don't consider EVE to be a timed conveyer belt transition into null, but that does'nt mean it shouldn't get it's "own" Love.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#37 - 2012-06-21 07:43:06 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
I will leave this here:

If you completely removed Hi sec, 0.0 is still not worth paying a sub for...

If this - coming from someone who posted how much they enjoyed their time in 0.0 until their corp fell apart - isn't a /thread for reworking and improving 0.0 I don't know what could be.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2012-06-21 07:51:49 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
I will leave this here:

I guess that means we'll have to double the isk payouts and have CCP give nullsec both stations with 10x as many factory lines, research/copy/invention lines and a capital mining ship which sucks down 10x as much roids as a hulk would.

Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Also, by being arrogant prats against fellow players who chose to live away from your empty far west you gain ZERO support by them for what would be totally worthwhile requests to have CCP improve 0.0.

You mean like the guy who kept claiming that jumpbridges were a power projection tool, despite everyone who live in nullsec, and have lived in nullsec for the last ... uh I dunno 2-3 years, and been involved in countless wars in that time, telling him he's wrong and he should look at JFs and various other JD-capable ship for that?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#39 - 2012-06-21 07:52:34 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
I will leave this here:

If you completely removed Hi sec, 0.0 is still not worth paying a sub for...

If this - coming from someone who posted how much they enjoyed their time in 0.0 until their corp fell apart - isn't a /thread for reworking and improving 0.0 I don't know what could be.

Exactly. 0.0 can be awesome. It IS awesome. But only if certain factors align both on the player mindset and on the corp / alliance he would join. It's too rare to get these factors aligned, most end up enduring a 0.0 duress instead of the glory and fame they were sold on the "butterfly effect" video.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#40 - 2012-06-21 08:00:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaerah Vahrokha
Lord Zim wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
I will leave this here:

I guess that means we'll have to double the isk payouts and have CCP give nullsec both stations with 10x as many factory lines, research/copy/invention lines and a capital mining ship which sucks down 10x as much roids as a hulk would.

You guess only a part of the issue.

Let's take an example of something that worked: WHs.
They are arguably as unforgiving (living at a POS and perma-nightmare logistics anyone?) as 0.0 but for some reason they marry very well a certain amount of players. WHs do what's written on the tin, nothing less.

0.0 is not just about "ISK".

0.0 is the Australia, hi sec is the USA and China (low sec is Somalia Twisted).

Australia has loads of riches, prominent material and precious metals. They make a good income at sending their stuff to the "big consumers".

So what does Australia do for the USA, that 0.0 does not do for hi sec?

0.0 minerals / moon goo (and once, drone poo) = Australia. So that part seems to work.
Evidently 0.0 < Australia for something else.

By improving this something else you get 0.0 fixed. Not by "buffing this, buffing that". The *concept* of 0.0 has to be buffed.

0.0 needs to evolve. Needs to go from Far West or even National Prison towards "Worldwide mainstay of resources production".

Anything short of that, won't help 0.0.

Lord Zim wrote:
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:

You mean like the guy who kept claiming that jumpbridges were a power projection tool, despite everyone who live in nullsec, and have lived in nullsec for the last ... uh I dunno 2-3 years, and been involved in countless wars in that time, telling him he's wrong and he should look at JFs and various other JD-capable ship for that?

That guy is like miners who create GD threads about how unfair somebody popped their untanked Hulk. Just ignore and they fade at page 10 in 1 day. Easiest way to deal with them.

Edit:

Also, Goons usually do a lot of things right, but not this time.

The concept they apply is to "abuse" of bad / wrong / bugged / abandoned game mechanics till CCP wakes up and changes them. Same for who invented Dec Shield, exactly as a "punch-in-da-face" approach to make CCP fix those ancient clusterfracks. Same for Technetium and much else.

But for 0.0, for some reason, they did not get it. They should "abuse" 0.0 till CCP changes it, not to try "aggress" hi sec.
Making hi sec different or worse won't save 0.0. All you'll get is like moving L5 in low sec: the feature mostly got abandoned and nothing improved over there.