These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Making nullsec vibrant again

First post
Author
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#321 - 2012-06-20 18:02:03 UTC
wibla, ceo of a p. cool nullsec alliance, joins the fray

and we already have weaselior, CFO of the alliance that is winning EVE, owning

how they will fare against forum alt nullsec experts is beyond me

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Riedle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#322 - 2012-06-20 18:02:08 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Riedle wrote:
I want more people TO have an interest in SOV so we have more people to hunt.

good point! however, I'll counter that with the fact the removal of jump bridges and jump drives would cause alliances, regardless of size, to concentrate themselves into much smaller areas of space, effectively negating the point of nerfing them in the first place, because THE BIG BAD BLOB is still close by.

That would be a good thing as it would make more space available for new entities to try and take SOV. Like I said, I have no interest in SOV. I just want more people to try and take it.

That's all. Having people want to be in NULL is a good thing. Jump Bridges need to go for more than a few reasons.
TweedIe Dum
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#323 - 2012-06-20 18:02:45 UTC  |  Edited by: TweedIe Dum
Im no expert in eve not by a long shot and the closest to living in null i have been is living in providence the last 3 months on my main but the whole consept seems flawed just a little.

Null sec seems to be about building a empire so why is it ran by corporations surely their should be a whole different set up for this.

Look at high sec it has 4 major empires but has loads of corps under their banner. Look at our history on this planet their was countrys with empires but the resource wealth was made by Corporations/Companys (East India trading).

Surely a system should be set up to seperate the corporation from the Empire. Goons is no longer a corp it is now a empire and as much as people hate them you have to respect what they have achieved from their little start.

They need to seperate the system so Empire building groups do just that they build the empire and corporations work in their space and pay tax for them to build their military. Not everyone in the game is massively interested in PVP a lot are interested in the market and the economics.

This would help with a fix on the moon goo situation people complain about as the larger Empires need this stuff to keep everything running now

Just my 2 cents i may be wrong but its how i perceive the game at this moment.

(And yes i know people rent systems but its not quite what im talking about)

EDIT: forgot to mention that if you have a corp in high sec or low sec you should be paying a tax to the empire whos space your in each month or they dissolve your corporation. Same as if you didnt pay your bills in Null they would splatter your pod goo all over the windows of their lovely ships

Edit2: Would also make for some nice pve for nullers as they could attack the high sec Empires and so could the Empire attack them.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#324 - 2012-06-20 18:04:30 UTC
Riedle wrote:

Perhaps. I don't really think of PL as Blobbers. They are the anti Blobbers if anything. They are the one Anti-SOV Alliance that is still able to project power. I think we need more of them - not less.

So we went from "nerf power projection because it encourages blobbing" to "we need more alliances that can cross the entire universe in 30 minutes so they can hotdrop people with hundreds of supercaps"

wow
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#325 - 2012-06-20 18:04:31 UTC
Riedle wrote:
That would be a good thing as it would make more space available for new entities to try and take SOV.

I've already pointed out why this fantasy of yours is wrong.

Riedle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#326 - 2012-06-20 18:05:09 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
Riedle wrote:

Perhaps. I don't really think of PL as Blobbers. They are the anti Blobbers if anything. They are the one Anti-SOV Alliance that is still able to project power. I think we need more of them - not less.

Removing/Nerfing JB's wouldn't discourage a PL so what was your argument again?

what you think is irrelevant because we all know it has no connection to reality

Compelling argument

So much hate for the mere suggestion of removing/nerfing JB's.
lol

Jeeze, from the anger in your reactions it's really kind of hard to believe that you guys don't need them or want them. lols

Poor null bears

Anyways, sorry Adelphie - didn't mean to hijack your thread.

As you were Goonies.

o/
Riedle
Lord Zim
Gallente Federation
#327 - 2012-06-20 18:05:51 UTC
Riedle wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
Riedle wrote:
I want more people TO have an interest in SOV so we have more people to hunt.

good point! however, I'll counter that with the fact the removal of jump bridges and jump drives would cause alliances, regardless of size, to concentrate themselves into much smaller areas of space, effectively negating the point of nerfing them in the first place, because THE BIG BAD BLOB is still close by.

That would be a good thing as it would make more space available for new entities to try and take SOV. Like I said, I have no interest in SOV. I just want more people to try and take it.

That's all. Having people want to be in NULL is a good thing. Jump Bridges need to go for more than a few reasons.

"I've got absolutely no idea how nullsec work, but I've been told other incompetent people that jumpbridges allow massive force projections so I'm going to keep repeating that JUMPBRIDGES MUST BE NERFED TO LIMIT FORCE PROJECTION time and time again, and the more people who actually live and fight out in nullsec tell me I'm wrong, the more I'm going to assume they're just saying that because they're afraid of me and my powerful ideas which I have thought out with my BRAIN."

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.

RIP Vile Rat

dontbanmebro
Doomheim
#328 - 2012-06-20 18:06:18 UTC
Uhhhh...I think I may have just had a flash of brilliance with the station issue...why not just remove them as sov roadbumps altogether? If the issue is stations just being thrown up to make a region more of a headache to take, why not just remove them as a separate timer from the ihub?

This completely neuters the contentious destructible stations issue, and decreases a lot of the dominion sov grind.

What am I missing here?
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#329 - 2012-06-20 18:06:44 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
fun fact: even if force projection was nerfed, the last thing we'd allow to happen is some small alliance setting up near our space - we'd purge them immediately considering that they'd collapse under the threat of an invasion by one of our enemies

so yes, small alliances establishing themselves as sov-holding entities is a dumb fantasy

Rer Eirikr
The Scope
#330 - 2012-06-20 18:06:59 UTC
We're getting irritated because you haven't provided a single example that hasn't already been refuted as to why JB's should be nerfed or removed. Straight
Kieron VonDeux
#331 - 2012-06-20 18:08:34 UTC
Wibla wrote:
It's funny to see how people who have never been in nullsec for longer than the time it took to get popped in EC- or HED talk about "nullbears" and how jump bridges destroy anything at all.

Judging how much somebody had been in nullsec based upon the single character they happen to be posting with has always been folly.
Riedle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#332 - 2012-06-20 18:10:21 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Riedle wrote:

So we went from "nerf power projection because it encourages blobbing" to "we need more alliances that can cross the entire universe in 30 minutes so they can hotdrop people with hundreds of supercaps"

wow

Like I said before - using SHIPS to project force seems like a good thing to me as you know, the game is about SPACE SHIPS.

But perhaps they should be looked at as well - not sure. I don't have any interest in CAPS personally.
I also don't have issues with being hotdropped as at least the hot dropee has to risk something. A Jump bridger does not.

As well the hotdropee is at least usually interested in PVP where the JB user is often looking to avoid PVP or just using the jump bridge to go BLOB a POS 40 jumps away.

lol
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#333 - 2012-06-20 18:11:31 UTC
Kieron VonDeux wrote:
Judging how much somebody had been in nullsec based upon the single character they happen to be posting with has always been folly.

I too can log in a forum alt and make up all sorts of dumb crap and use WELL THIS ISN'T MY MAIN as an excuse when people question my experience

but I don't

Ziranda Hakuli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#334 - 2012-06-20 18:11:55 UTC
Time to recruit more nullbears and meat shield corps
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#335 - 2012-06-20 18:12:23 UTC
Riedle wrote:
Like I said before - using SHIPS to project force seems like a good thing to me as you know, the game is about SPACE SHIPS.

But perhaps they should be looked at as well - not sure. I don't have any interest in CAPS personally.
I also don't have issues with being hotdropped as at least the hot dropee has to risk something. A Jump bridger does not.

As well the hotdropee is at least usually interested in PVP where the JB user is often looking to avoid PVP or just using the jump bridge to go BLOB a POS 40 jumps away.

lol

you can't avoid PvP by traveling through jump bridges

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#336 - 2012-06-20 18:12:40 UTC
Ziranda Hakuli wrote:

> AAA Citizens

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#337 - 2012-06-20 18:12:51 UTC
Ziranda Hakuli wrote:

AAA Citizens
Rer Eirikr
The Scope
#338 - 2012-06-20 18:13:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Rer Eirikr
Ziranda Hakuli wrote:

Irony post exploooooosioooooooooooooooooooon Attention

Edit: 3 in a row wow, glad to know I'm not the only one.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#339 - 2012-06-20 18:13:09 UTC
whoa stereo
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#340 - 2012-06-20 18:17:17 UTC
Kieron VonDeux wrote:

much like anyone who discusses how nice the air is on the moon can be safely assumed to have never gone there, so too can anyone who claims jbs are used for force protection be safely assumed never to have been in nullsec

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.