These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

In-Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

I won the lottery. The real one. I'm rich

First post
Author
S179-276SP
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#41 - 2012-06-03 02:46:52 UTC
wow everyone so serious. enjoy it all. waste it, give it, spend it, invest it, dont turn into a knob. you could be dead tomorrow... do everything you ever wanted to do and then some. invent something, create something, do something spectacular, do something stupid and once youve done it all, live for a while with nothing but what you had before, just to remind yourself of who you are.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#42 - 2012-06-03 03:32:04 UTC
S179-276SP wrote:
wow everyone so serious. enjoy it all. waste it, give it, spend it, invest it, dont turn into a knob. you could be dead tomorrow... do everything you ever wanted to do and then some. invent something, create something, do something spectacular, do something stupid and once youve done it all, live for a while with nothing but what you had before, just to remind yourself of who you are.

And end up like all the other lottery winners that have to declare bankruptcy after 5 years.

Sure, enjoy yourself but don't be stupid... remember, an oil change on a Ferrari costs about $300 and that's by far the cheapest maintenance

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Hudhayfah
Art Attack
#43 - 2012-06-03 08:40:05 UTC
Just live simply, use the money to have a confortable life.

Help who you feel is in need, and don't give him fish. Buy some fishing equipment and pay them fishing lessons or learn yourself to teach after.

By the way, don't sub EvE for life... you never know when they are going to fix the new UI.

On the other way, I'm unemployed and I'm strugling to keep my sub alive, so I would love to win some lotery and have some money to pay for plex... or if some apeard on a contract it would be fantastic Lol
Danfen Fenix
#44 - 2012-06-03 22:45:35 UTC
Wow congrats!!!!

Dont 'think' its actually been called yet so....your stuff, can I haz? P pweeease

Seriously though, go sky diving...learn to fly...buy a small island or heck, one of those underground 'secret lairs'/old bukers. Just have fun & relax, buuut don't let it go too fast Blink

Also, this website may help with buying worthless junk: http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/ Lol Tron Bike !!

Also a plex or two my way would be extreeeemely well recieved & would be forever in your debt Oops

Seriously, your money though Smile

(psst, buy servants...)
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2012-06-04 03:13:07 UTC
You could make an ingame eve lottery for a complete trip to 2013 eve fanfest (flights / Accomodation / Ticket included). Mayby more that 1 person depending if your feeling generous. Also if you are going yourself to fanfest remember CCP accept charitible donation to icelandic charities in exchange for unique eve merchandise (like the 2012 DUST gun some bloke paid a few grand for)

Or if your smart invest in precious metals (NOT GOLD OR SILVER) :)
Garr Samuel
Tafatt
#46 - 2012-06-04 23:09:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Garr Samuel
Step 1, learn to sail!

Step 2, buy a decent sailboat!(Usually not that expensive, depending on the travel etc)(I bet greece has some great sales atm ;D;D)

Step 3, go where the wind takes you, with the love of your life & no worries.(Do it for us all Blink)

or

Do 3-6 months tour of latin & south america, then do 6-12 months tour in south east asia. Then either go to africa or what ever.

Have a good one!Lol
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2012-06-05 00:49:48 UTC
Garr Samuel wrote:

Step 3, go where the wind takes you, with the love of your life & no worries.(Do it for us all Blink)

I hear the coast around Somalia is awesome Big smile

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2012-06-05 03:10:03 UTC
immediately put about 5million dollars spread across world banks at 1% interest you can live off the interest alone from 5million dollars.

congratulations on winning the lottery. I wish I was that lucky.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-06-07 05:21:51 UTC
Bopo Ropo wrote:
So what stupid/fun stuff should I do. Give me ideas people. Yes I'm going to still play eve because money or not it's fun.

Spend it all on PLEX & roam around in an untanked frigate to see how long you last.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2012-06-07 05:41:30 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Buy a ticket to a spaceship and visit space for real.

do it, its only like 200,000, if you do anything, report back to us! 1st eve player in space!!! bring an eve ship model make it fly around :3

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#51 - 2012-06-09 10:17:12 UTC
In a year, maybe two, you'll be broke and have a huge debt.
Bopo Ropo
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-06-16 05:45:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Bopo Ropo
Well, bought a house last week and had the paperwork sped up and have been moving in this past week. Nothing really fancy just a nice well built 4 bedroom 2 bath with a huge lawn and pool. Haven't ahead much time to play but I have had my friend selling off a massive stack of plex for isk. Took a little longer to get rid of it all than we imagined.

Going to kick off ticket sales at 00:00 Wed the 20th and end 20th June 00:00 with winners announced within an hour. Tickets will be 5 million each with a max of 100 tickets per charcter. On Monday I will have a grand total how much isk will be given away and the priize breakdown. It will be isk prizes and lots of it.

Was looking for an idea to spread the word about it and funny enough my non gaming fiancé had a good idea which I am going to use. People who spread the word around will get free tickets. When someone buys tickets if the put your name in the note/reason section you will get free tickets equal to the amount bought up to 100. If your name is on 200 tickets sales or more your will get uto a total of 150 free tickets. This will be the only way to get more tickets than the normal limit. If figured since I don't give a hoot about making money off this it would be a good way to get people who don't have a lot of isk to get in this for free. And give them a leg up.

So stay tuned....
Atedar Kerane
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2012-06-17 22:50:23 UTC
Bopo Ropo wrote:

Going to kick off ticket sales at 00:00 Wed the 20th and end 20th June 00:00 with winners announced within an hour. Tickets will be 5 million each with a max of 100 tickets per charcter.

Just a general warning to those of you who haven't figured it out yet:

This entire thread is a setup for a scam lottery, and is designed for the sole purpose of luring you in, and giving up your hard earned ISK to a con artist.

If OP has all the money he needs, why ask ISK for tickets, further more, why a 500million ticket sale pr character?
He claims he want people with very little ISK to get in on this, yet he asks 5 million ISK a ticket.

Do not touch this with a 10-feet pole. It's a scam. Do not let his lies delude you.

That being said, +1 to the OP, for a well thought out scam. I like it, and you'll probably trick a few people. It's a shame you didn't actually win the lottery, and never will, because that would have been just lovely. I guess you will just have to get a job, and work your ass off like everyone else. Enjoy!
Ustrello
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2012-06-18 02:08:03 UTC
two words

Stratospheric skydiving
David Toviyah
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2012-06-18 08:17:13 UTC  |  Edited by: David Toviyah
You want advice? Sure thing:

If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” (also, Luke 12:13-21)

In the long run that is probably the most fun thing you can do with it since money corrupts while giving it away is relieving. Studies have shown time and time again that affluent people are more prone to cheating, lying and stealing. Furthermore, they are less compassionate and more selfish than the average person. You are better off without the money. Mark these words.
Merin Ryskin
Peregrine Industries
#56 - 2012-06-18 08:30:44 UTC

Fixed that for you. Unlike your god, there's plenty of evidence that I exist, therefore it is much more sensible to follow My commands than the delusional ramblings of a tribe of bronze age goat herders and their genocidal imaginary friend. Therefore, if you want to avoid My hell, you must give Me all of your money, repent of your sins, and spend the rest of your life spreading My Word to the masses.
David Toviyah
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2012-06-18 08:59:19 UTC
Pro tip: My post consists of more than just the biblical advice so ... you know ... you might wanna focus on addressing the latter, scientifically grounded part of it first before throwing around inflammatory diatribes. Also:

Why u mad tho Smile ?
Romla Yatolila
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#58 - 2012-06-18 17:27:07 UTC
Buy a lottery ticket, you might get lucky. :P
David Toviyah
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2012-06-18 18:25:57 UTC
Romla Yatolila wrote:
Buy a lottery ticket, you might get lucky. :P

Sounds like a plan.
Istvaan Shogaatsu
Guiding Hand Social Club
#60 - 2012-06-18 21:20:52 UTC
Bopo Ropo wrote:
Just felt the need to share. Except for a few close family members and dear friends I have not told a soul. Figured it would be safe to shout it at the top of my lungs on here using a unattached character. I would be afraid someone would be able to find me through my real characters if I posted with them. I am still kind of floored by it all but damn, it does feel good.

So now I am 28ish mil in the black now and have gone on a donating spree to a bunch of local charities annonomously . Of course my real close friends and family have been taken care of and my partner and I are house hunting and planning many many trips overseas to see the world. It has been a hectic two weeks with all of the paperwork, meetings with my wealth manager ( that still makes me laugh. I have a a friggin wealth manager WTF!). Main idea is to have most of the money invested wisely and live off the interest plus x amount set aside for doing stupid stuff.

So what stupid/fun stuff should I do. Give me ideas people. Yes I'm going to still play eve because money or not it's fun.

Hmm, I suggest leaving large quantities of unsorted bills in backpacks around your house. Where do you live again? Uh, so I can deliver the congratulation flowers.