These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Permageddon offers mining barge bounty

Author
Samillian
Angry Mustellid
#21 - 2012-06-18 10:16:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Samillian
corestwo wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1472468#post1472468

As this will likely further crunch mineral supplies, I figure ya'll nerds are probably interested.

meh

Price increases pass down the chain to the purchaser and I can't say I've noticed any supply difficulty Hulkageddon or no Hulkageddon.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Kudlow N'cramer
Negative Pressure Union
#22 - 2012-06-18 16:53:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Kudlow N'cramer
The real effect of this is on ice as mackinaws are easier to gank than hulks.

Isotopes have been well over twice the "old normal" prices for quite some time. Take a look at the hi sec ice belts DOTLAN. Nearly all of them have been molested in the last 48 hours, making it a pain to mine a lot of ice, even if you are smart about it. This is especially true for Caldari fields, all of them had had mass carnage last time I checked.

A secondary effect is less POS use, keeping PI fuel prices down. They can have an inverse relationship with ice if it has an effect on POS useage. Remember how ice tanked after Tyrannis due to spiking PI prices?
Kara Books
Deal with IT.
#23 - 2012-06-19 01:22:05 UTC
I smell something fishy about this whole ice thing...
Dezolf
DAX Action Stance
#24 - 2012-06-19 01:33:33 UTC
Kara Books wrote:
I smell something fishy about this whole ice thing...

Well you would, wouldn't you? I mean, it's probably ice that's been used to keep fish "fresh" while waiting for them to get to port and subsequently sold at the market.
Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-06-20 16:52:31 UTC
They could do it.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#26 - 2012-06-20 17:50:39 UTC
Moonlit Raid wrote:
They could do it.

Our income for a whole month is about a trillion isk. There are, at this instant, 446 billion isk worth of plexes on the market. If you bought every single one of them, there would be another 446 billion isk up within the week if not a few days. You should be able to see how this really wouldn't work.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

Moonlit Raid
Doomheim
#27 - 2012-06-20 23:53:32 UTC
corestwo wrote:
Moonlit Raid wrote:
They could do it.

Our income for a whole month is about a trillion isk. There are, at this instant, 446 billion isk worth of plexes on the market. If you bought every single one of them, there would be another 446 billion isk up within the week if not a few days. You should be able to see how this really wouldn't work.

Providing you poured all income into it, it could be done, people are more concerned with their real life cash than that of a game, yes I fully agree there will be a sudden rush of PLEX IRL purchases, but I do not agree this would continue more than maybe a week.

If brute force isn't working, you're just not using enough.

Please Note: Any advice given comes with the caveat that nothing will be suitable for every situation.

corestwo
Goonfleet Investment Banking
#28 - 2012-06-20 23:56:44 UTC
That's because you underestimate people's willingness to spend their real life money. Or you're trolling.

This post was crafted by a member of the GoonSwarm Federation Economic Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

fofofo

forestwho
Doomheim
#29 - 2012-06-23 16:26:02 UTC
its rly simple for goons; just stop selling tech and watch it spike
Zo Khamez
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-06-23 17:54:22 UTC
Kara Books wrote:
corestwo wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1472468#post1472468

As this will likely further crunch mineral supplies, I figure ya'll nerds are probably interested.

Im so surprised Attention
this didn't happen on the same day as hulkageddon became permanent.

I wouldn't be surprised if they started up the Baby League too to go after everyone else mining (Industrials, Frigates, etc). :) Sounds like I need to get in on the action!

Previous page12