These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

@CCP : Do not cave in to Goons on Inferno 1.1

First post First post
Author
Arrgthepirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#161 - 2012-06-18 15:08:10 UTC
Holander Switzerland wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:
Goonswarm is responsible for the Greek financial crisis and Third World famine.

Clear enough?

Dude, shut up.

No dude, he's right. There was an Illuminati leak the other day. Our market guys are just crashing Greece so we can buy it and form a cartel of gyros.
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#162 - 2012-06-18 15:08:56 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Clear enough?

Dude, shut up.

Lol, you love me really Big smile

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

Holander Switzerland
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#163 - 2012-06-18 15:11:00 UTC
Arrgthepirate wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Clear enough?

Dude, shut up.

No dude, he's right. There was an Illuminati leak the other day. Our market guys are just crashing Greece so we can buy it and form a cartel of gyros.

Oh man I don't know about this, it doesn't seem right. I'm starting to feel a little...Greecey.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#164 - 2012-06-18 15:15:46 UTC
Arrgthepirate wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
Arrgthepirate wrote:
Dear Jade Constantine,

You have 80 kills so far in the month of June according to Eve-Kills. None of those are against Goons, or TEST. Why do you even give a ****? It's not like you're fighting us.

SIgned,
Me

A better question for you to consider is why am I (as the object of a Mittani's ministry of love special griefing contract ) ABLE to score 80 kills in the month of June (in lowsec no less) without needing to kill a single GOON/TEST pilot in order to go about my business in the Amarr/Minmatar FW conflict zone.

I'll give you a hint. I've seen 3 GOONS total. The first 2 fled system the moment I switched into a gank tornado to blast their bombers to bits. The 3rd fired a torp at me but spammed escape warp so quickly his weapon didn't even detonate in his haste to leave the field.

The reality is that the Goons of the ministry of love are more terrified of mockery and personal consequences they would face on losing a ship to me than they have a desire to actually fight. Hence they run back to empire and get farmed by our many allies.

When you make a wardec against an entity its your job to go find that entity and try to stop them doing what they want to do.

I'm playing faction warfare and making a fortune from kills/complexing/missioning (8.7b so far while this wardec has been running) Surely its your job to stop me.

Otherwise your wardec (like your leader) is going to look pretty foolish.

You made it mutual so I guess you have a vested interest in us as well. Maybe you should stop leeching free allies, build an alliance worth a **** and come to VFK. Or stop hiding in lowsec, when the whole point of a war, is to fight in high sec. Actually yeah, let's go with that. Also, I'd rather camp EC- then come find you because :effort:

I made it mutual purely so I could prevent goonswarm :accidently: forgetting to pay the wardec fee and escaping all consequence for a declaration they were losing. I notice you don't reply to any of the specifics of the quoted post by the way.

Its quite comical you accuse me of "hiding" in lowsec btw (where ANYONE can shoot ANYONE) if they are prepared to pay the consequences.

Lets repeat it one more time for you. Before the Mittani's dec I was in lowsec fighting for the Matari faction and pvp'ing against the 24th Crusade. During Mittani's dec I was in lowsec fighting for the Matari faction and pvp'ing against the 24th Crusade, in the immediate future I'm going to be in lowsec fighting for the Matari faction and pv['ing against the 24th Crusade. I've lived in lowsec for most of the last five years. If you'd have done even the slightest checking of killboards histories you might have seen this in advance.

I'm not in 0.0 because I consider the 0.0 game is utterly broken turgid NAP fest and boring in ways its scarcely possible to believe.The only thing that is likely to get me to come to 0.0 again is to raid alliance assets as they involve themselves in planetary ring mining (of moon minerals) if and when that change makes it into the game. But CCP Soundwave just appeared to announce a delay of that feature unfortunately so you guys have a bit longer to sit on your behinds sucking wealth out of static resources while NAPPED to the majority of 0.0 :shrug:

TLDR ... when CCP makes 0.0 a dynamic environment with vulnerable resource extraction systems then I'll be happy to come and blow up your belt-miners with cloaking terror campaigns and black ops hotdrops.

Until then I'm playing the part of the game that actually works properly and delivers enjoyable small unit PVP.

And if you don't like that - well, I guess you'd better come do something about it.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#165 - 2012-06-18 15:24:04 UTC
This is now a thread about Jade Constantine and his metallic film based haberdashery.

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#166 - 2012-06-18 15:24:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jade Constantine
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Oh dear, I really need to explain? Ok. For the entire time you have been discussing the changes to the wardec system, the greater percentage of that time has actually been spent blaming Goonswarm for said changes.

That isn't true in any way shape or form. I'd challenge you to go off and perform a complete textual analysis of the threads in question but I'm guessing you aren't quite credulous enough to actually do it.

If you want to know who I blame for the bad changes its the CCP developers who had responsibility to overhaul the wardec system. Obviously since its their job. I don't attack these guys personally because thats simply bad argumentation - but I do challenge their arguments and conclusions which I believe are poorly made and frankly - well, inconclusive. And I'm hardly alone in that position, the huge majority of feedback to these changes is negative. Don't believe me go and count up posts in the threads in question.

Not even the merc community reps (who are supposed to be boosted by this 1.1 change) are convinced it'll work in the slightest.

I have said these changes do nothing but boost giant alliances and provide them unreasonable protection against wardecs while stopping people from effectively countering the wardecs they themselves make. I stand by that position and I challenge anyone to debate the facts implicit in that assessment.

The True Knowledge is that nothing matters that does not matter to you, might does make right and power makes freedom

Arrgthepirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#167 - 2012-06-18 15:27:10 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:

I made it mutual purely so I could prevent goonswarm :accidently: forgetting to pay the wardec fee and escaping all consequence for a declaration they were losing. I notice you don't reply to any of the specifics of the quoted post by the way.

Its quite comical you accuse me of "hiding" in lowsec btw (where ANYONE can shoot ANYONE) if they are prepared to pay the consequences.

Lets repeat it one more time for you. Before the Mittani's dec I was in lowsec fighting for the Matari faction and pvp'ing against the 24th Crusade. During Mittani's dec I was in lowsec fighting for the Matari faction and pvp'ing against the 24th Crusade, in the immediate future I'm going to be in lowsec fighting for the Matari faction and pv['ing against the 24th Crusade. I've lived in lowsec for most of the last five years. If you'd have done even the slightest checking of killboards histories you might have seen this in advance.

I'm not in 0.0 because I consider the 0.0 game is utterly broken turgid NAP fest and boring in ways its scarcely possible to believe.The only thing that is likely to get me to come to 0.0 again is to raid alliance assets as they involve themselves in planetary ring mining (of moon minerals) if and when that change makes it into the game. But CCP Soundwave just appeared to announce a delay of that feature unfortunately so you guys have a bit longer to sit on your behinds sucking wealth out of static resources while NAPPED to the majority of 0.0 :shrug:

TLDR ... when CCP makes 0.0 a dynamic environment with vulnerable resource extraction systems then I'll be happy to come and blow up your belt-miners with cloaking terror campaigns and black ops hotdrops.

Until then I'm playing the part of the game that actually works properly and delivers enjoyable small unit PVP.

And if you don't like that - well, I guess you'd better come do something about it.

What consequence? Losing a mentally challenged JF pilot here and there? Losing an entire fleet of bombers? I think you overestimate how much we care about dying.

You sure like the word consequence.

I don't think I care enough about you to check killboards to hunt you down.

I get, "wah wah wah, too lazy to form an alliance with a real capital fleet" from this. I wanna WULFPAK!

TERROR CAMPAIGNS! OUR MINING BACKBONE WILL BE RUINED!

You can find enjoyable small unit PEEVEEPEE in 0.0, you just might have to go farther then 1 region away. SHOCKING RIGHT?!

You wanna 1v1 HONUR DUEL?

I now have one more break then you. Do I win the post essay competition?

Holander Switzerland
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#168 - 2012-06-18 15:30:07 UTC
guys, guys we don't need to fight like this. I have a chart here that will clear this all up.

http://imgur.com/kGceR
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#169 - 2012-06-18 15:30:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Cutter Isaacson
Jade Constantine wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Oh dear, I really need to explain? Ok. For the entire time you have been discussing the changes to the wardec system, the greater percentage of that time has actually been spent blaming Goonswarm for said changes.

That isn't true in any way shape or form. I'd challenge you to go off and perform a complete textual analysis of the threads in question but I'm guessing you aren't quite credulous enough to actually do it.

If you want to know who I blame for the bad changes its the CCP developers who had responsibility to overhaul the wardec system. Obviously since its their job. I don't attack these guys personally because thats simply bad argumentation - but I do challenge their arguments and conclusions which I believe are poorly made and frankly - well, inconclusive. And I'm hardly alone in that position, the huge majority of feedback to these changes is negative. Don't believe me go and count up posts in the threads in question.

Not even the merc community reps (who are supposed to be boosted by this 1.1 change) are convinced it'll work in the slightest.

I have said these changes do nothing but boost giant alliances and provide them unreasonable protection against wardecs while stopping people from effectively countering the wardecs they themselves make. I stand by that position and I challenge anyone to debate the facts implicit in that assessment.

Jade, just because you have a decent vocabulary to hide behind, do not make the mistake of thinking that people are stupid. You even made a post in the CCL thread at the top of GD that was a blatant attack on Goonswarm, implying that if any of their members were to be hired as moderators, that they should be more carefully monitored than anyone else.

You asked for the names and affiliations of said moderators to be made public, for no other reason than your personal bias toward one particular group. The GM responding made it quite clear that this would NEVER happen and clarified the rules surrounding moderators for you.

So tell me again how you don't allow personal bias to influence your posting habits, or your desire for certain changes to be made or reversed.

EDIT: Linkage proving personal bias masquerading as "concern".

THIS IS NOT A SIGN OF PERSONAL BIAS, NOT AT ALL, NO, NEVER!

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#170 - 2012-06-18 15:30:53 UTC
Arrgthepirate wrote:

What consequence? Losing a mentally challenged JF pilot here and there? Losing an entire fleet of bombers? I think you overestimate how much we care about dying. You sure like the word consequence.

Well the greatest Consequence is probably your leader knuckleposting rage tweets and being held up to mockery by the Eve blogging community truth be told. But Psychological warfare is still warfare end of the day. The one thing that the largest alliance in the game cannot bear to happen is for it to be laughed at by "pubbies."

Thats happened.

Ergo,

Well, we win.

Arrgthepirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#171 - 2012-06-18 15:32:52 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Arrgthepirate wrote:

What consequence? Losing a mentally challenged JF pilot here and there? Losing an entire fleet of bombers? I think you overestimate how much we care about dying. You sure like the word consequence.

Well the greatest Consequence is probably your leader knuckleposting rage tweets and being held up to mockery by the Eve blogging community truth be told. But Psychological warfare is still warfare end of the day. The one thing that the largest alliance in the game cannot bear to happen is for it to be laughed at by "pubbies."

Thats happened.

Ergo,

Well, we win.

Jade Constantine wrote:

I notice you don't reply to any of the specifics of the quoted post by the way.
Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#172 - 2012-06-18 15:34:23 UTC
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Jade, just because you have a decent vocabulary to hide behind, do not make the mistake of thinking that people are stupid. You even made a post in the CCL thread at the top of GD that was a blatant attack on Goonswarm, implying that if any of their members were to be hired as moderators, that they should be more carefully monitored than anyone else.

You sure made a lot of assumptions out of the post I made there. I asked for a routine stocktake of alliances represented in the volunteer moderation team. Just so eve as a whole might feel happy to know that there was an even spread and one entity in particular was not dominating.

Cutter Isaacson wrote:
You asked for the names and affiliations of said moderators to be made public, for no other reason than your personal bias toward one particular group. The GM responding made it quite clear that this would NEVER happen and clarified the rules surrounding moderators for you.

I most certainly did not ask for people's names to be made public, you are just making that up now!

Jade Constantine
Jericho Fraction
The Star Fraction
#173 - 2012-06-18 15:35:48 UTC
Arrgthepirate wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
Arrgthepirate wrote:

Thats happened.

Ergo,

Well, we win.

Jade Constantine wrote:

Ummmm, you quoted me accusing you of not replying to any specifics of the quoted post - then quoted me replying to the only specific of the quoted post. Are you new to this whole forum debate thing?

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#174 - 2012-06-18 15:36:34 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

You sure made a lot of assumptions out of the post I made there. I asked for a routine stocktake of alliances represented in the volunteer moderation team. Just so eve as a whole might feel happy to know that there was an even spread and one entity in particular was not dominating.

Cutter Isaacson wrote:

I most certainly did not ask for people's names to be made public, you are just making that up now!

That should have read numbers, not names. Poor attempt at deflection though, and as I said, do not make the mistake of thinking that people cannot see through you.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#175 - 2012-06-18 15:37:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Jade Constantine wrote:
Cutter Isaacson wrote:

Putting a cap on the cost of war decing a large alliance works in favor of those that want to harrass them. It will be expensive enough to weed out the riff raff, but enable groups that have at least a moderately lucurative organization to do so without too much difficulty... at least for the short term.

Forcing you to think about who you want to be on "your side" as the defender... to chose wisely whom bring into it so that you get the most bang for your buck... to actually NEED to consider paying the price of a competent merc corp if you actually want to fight back effectively... these are not bad things for EVE or "the little guy" for that matter.

I'm personally not a fan of excluding allies from Mutual wars... and I have no problem with one side or the other needing to surrender to get out of a mutual war (or better yet victory conditions being brought into the process so that a decisive "winner" and "loser" can be determined and the war can end without surrender in many cases). These are things that are not perfect about the new war dec system that could stand some iteration.

However this patch is a good first step in allowing the war mechanics to provide fertile ground for merc organizations to flourish, which is, after all, the whole point.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Arrgthepirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#176 - 2012-06-18 15:38:31 UTC
Jade Constantine wrote:
Arrgthepirate wrote:
Jade Constantine wrote:
Arrgthepirate wrote:

Thats happened.

Ergo,

Well, we win.

Jade Constantine wrote:

Ummmm, you quoted me accusing you of not replying to any specifics of the quoted post - then quoted me replying to the only specific of the quoted post. Are you new to this whole forum debate thing?

I'm new to responding to bad posters.
Haquer
Vorkuta Inc
#177 - 2012-06-18 15:46:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Haquer
Before Holander posts, I have to say

~GROUND FLOOR~

Get ready nerds

E: Holander isn't going to do it because it's a babby
Arrgthepirate
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#178 - 2012-06-18 15:49:42 UTC
I'm ready!
Sixx Spades
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#179 - 2012-06-18 15:52:43 UTC
Oh, this I gotta see.

Using a weapon as a deterrent in a diplomatic situation is only viable when you have proven that you have deployed it in the past and are willing to use it in the future.

Freezehunter
#180 - 2012-06-18 15:53:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Freezehunter
You know, all this bullshit could be solved in a very simple way.

The Mittani and Jade Constantine in a 1 V 1 duel with spectators, and NO ONE INTERFERING.

Just a simple Frigate/Cruiser/BC/BS 1v1.

Loser is forced to finish the war by the laws of good old fashioned honor.

Inappropriate signature, CCP Phantom.