These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123
 

Dont forget PvE in the next expension

First post
Author
Iluminat
Sharp Dressed Man
#41 - 2011-10-06 23:33:32 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Go do pvp.

Why ?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#42 - 2011-10-06 23:43:53 UTC
Iluminat wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Go do pvp.

Why ?


Because you have barely scratched the surface of content in eve untill you have a good go at it.
Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#43 - 2011-10-06 23:46:49 UTC
Because the money you make in PVE?! Its supposed to be spent on PVP.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Teamosil
Good Time Family Band Solution
#44 - 2011-10-07 00:45:53 UTC
Renan Ruivo wrote:
Because the money you make in PVE?! Its supposed to be spent on PVP.


There is no "supposed to" in eve.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2011-10-07 00:58:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Grey Stormshadow
Teamosil wrote:
Renan Ruivo wrote:
Because the money you make in PVE?! Its supposed to be spent on PVP.


There is no "supposed to" in eve.

Yep

In Eve if someone wants to build heavy widowmaker missiles and use them to please his in-game wife in bed, they are entitled to do that. This is a sandbox and imagination sets the limits. I wouldn't stick widowmaker missiles into my butt, specially not the heavy ones, but if someone thinks that is how he likes to spend his role playing moments in Eve, be my guest.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Blazing Lunatic
#46 - 2011-10-07 01:24:53 UTC
Alua Oresson wrote:
Wormholes, Incursions, Anomalies, Cosmos Missions. You are correct. There have been no PVE additions in 6 years. Roll


Wormholes - A new place for easier ganking of ships worth much more isk. I don't consider this PvE. Yes there is E but if it's not worth the time of the P to do it then there is no PvE.

Incursions - A new reason to try to lure PvE'ers into low and nul sec to be ganked. Or in the case of high sec a new way for a small few to horde the new actual PvE content for themselves. Some PvE attention but not enough to count or rather done completely wrong.

Anomalies - The only real PvE improvement but it's far too little. High sec anomolies are useless. Like saying "Hey look at this great cake we baked for you! No you can't have a piece but you can lick this spoon. Once. Then go cry."

Cosmos Missions - Yet another gankfest. Not PvE but rather a lure for PvE'ers to become targets of PvP'ers. Stupid.

I still see no real PvE improvments in this list.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#47 - 2011-10-07 01:33:53 UTC
Blazing Lunatic wrote:
Alua Oresson wrote:
Wormholes, Incursions, Anomalies, Cosmos Missions. You are correct. There have been no PVE additions in 6 years. Roll


Wormholes - A new place for easier ganking of ships worth much more isk. I don't consider this PvE. Yes there is E but if it's not worth the time of the P to do it then there is no PvE.

Incursions - A new reason to try to lure PvE'ers into low and nul sec to be ganked. Or in the case of high sec a new way for a small few to horde the new actual PvE content for themselves. Some PvE attention but not enough to count or rather done completely wrong.

Anomalies - The only real PvE improvement but it's far too little. High sec anomolies are useless. Like saying "Hey look at this great cake we baked for you! No you can't have a piece but you can lick this spoon. Once. Then go cry."

Cosmos Missions - Yet another gankfest. Not PvE but rather a lure for PvE'ers to become targets of PvP'ers. Stupid.

I still see no real PvE improvments in this list.


Grow a backbone.
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#48 - 2011-10-07 01:44:46 UTC
Blazing Lunatic wrote:
Alua Oresson wrote:
Wormholes, Incursions, Anomalies, Cosmos Missions. You are correct. There have been no PVE additions in 6 years. Roll


Wormholes - A new place for easier ganking of ships worth much more isk. I don't consider this PvE. Yes there is E but if it's not worth the time of the P to do it then there is no PvE.

Incursions - A new reason to try to lure PvE'ers into low and nul sec to be ganked. Or in the case of high sec a new way for a small few to horde the new actual PvE content for themselves. Some PvE attention but not enough to count or rather done completely wrong.

Anomalies - The only real PvE improvement but it's far too little. High sec anomolies are useless. Like saying "Hey look at this great cake we baked for you! No you can't have a piece but you can lick this spoon. Once. Then go cry."

Cosmos Missions - Yet another gankfest. Not PvE but rather a lure for PvE'ers to become targets of PvP'ers. Stupid.

I still see no real PvE improvments in this list.

Thing is... when you hit undock, you're doing pvp. If you want to play solid pve, building stuff like heavy widowmaker missile could be your thing? Better choose a station where you don't need to undock to buy resources or sell the end products... Jita is quite ok - assembly line que may be little long, but if you're not in a hurry....

This game will always be mix of pvp and pve. If you look last week, plenty of macks have been blown to next dimension and they surely weren't after pvp. There are activities you can perform against the virtual AI, but other pilots can interfere with almost anything you decide to do. Specially when not docked to station.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Skurja Volpar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2011-10-07 03:02:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Skurja Volpar
If youve been running lvl4s for 6 years then no doubt your a little bored. They're a means to an end, and that end is isk. But tbh I can see where your coming from.

Incursions are a nice way to make fast cash but personally I find that after more than 2 hours of them my brain starts running out my ear and I start thinking drastic thoughts like spending the rest of the day outdoors. Only excitement to be had outside of a suprise gank attempt that i can imagine is finding a bad fleet to fly with and introduce some element of risk, any half decent group can spam them with no real danger other than a suprise dc.

I think a good way to make standard agent missions more interesting would be to make the AI much more dynamic rather than rats never changing target, orbiting at some totally arbitrary distance right into your optimal, and the only potentialy fatal ewar being from frigs that 9/10 times can be instapopped before they get in range. Never done a sleeper site but im told they're a step closer to this.

Most missions would have to be overhauled for balance, but it would stop feeling like such a grind and might even end up being fun. Imagine that.

But at the end of the day PVE is where Money comes from, PVP is where it goes, and if you've only doing the first bit then im not suprised your fed up.
Blazing Lunatic
#50 - 2011-10-07 03:15:11 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Grow a backbone.


I'm wearing sunglasses. Your argument is invalid.
Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#51 - 2011-10-07 03:49:58 UTC
Blazing Lunatic wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Grow a backbone.


I'm wearing sunglasses. Your argument is invalid.

I bet this aren't these ones that you're wearing: Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses
Cozmik R5
Chez Stan
#52 - 2011-10-07 03:52:56 UTC
Iluminat wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Go do pvp.

Why ?


Because.

That is all.

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

destiny2
A Blessed Bean
Pandemic Horde
#53 - 2011-10-07 04:09:10 UTC
After 6 years of playing you should of gotten a clue and get the F outta highsec. highsec is a good place yes if your new to the game but after 1-2 years you should of found a 00 corp/ alliance and would of had 10x more fun.
Sir Substance
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2011-10-07 04:16:14 UTC
Iluminat wrote:
Alua Oresson wrote:
Wormholes, Incursions, Anomalies, Cosmos Missions. You are correct. There have been no PVE additions in 6 years. Roll

Yeah great fun Ugh


If you can't find anything fun to do in all that, perhaps you are playing the wrong game. Objectively, there's been plenty of PvE content released in the last few years.

The beatings will continue until posting improves. -Magnus Cortex

Official Eve Online changelist: Togglable PvP. - Jordanna Bauer

Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#55 - 2011-10-07 04:21:15 UTC
Blazing Lunatic wrote:
Wormholes - A new place for easier ganking of ships worth much more isk. I don't consider this PvE. Yes there is E but if it's not worth the time of the P to do it then there is no PvE.

Incursions - A new reason to try to lure PvE'ers into low and nul sec to be ganked. Or in the case of high sec a new way for a small few to horde the new actual PvE content for themselves. Some PvE attention but not enough to count or rather done completely wrong.

Anomalies - The only real PvE improvement but it's far too little. High sec anomolies are useless. Like saying "Hey look at this great cake we baked for you! No you can't have a piece but you can lick this spoon. Once. Then go cry."

Cosmos Missions - Yet another gankfest. Not PvE but rather a lure for PvE'ers to become targets of PvP'ers. Stupid.

I still see no real PvE improvments in this list.

So basically you haven't tried any of those things for yourself.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.

Iluminat
Sharp Dressed Man
#56 - 2011-10-07 05:41:48 UTC
destiny2 wrote:
After 6 years of playing you should of gotten a clue and get the F outta highsec. highsec is a good place yes if your new to the game but after 1-2 years you should of found a 00 corp/ alliance and would of had 10x more fun.

Bin there done that
Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#57 - 2011-10-07 05:47:13 UTC
So CCP is supposed to please EVERYONE in EVERY POSSIBLE way, even though making some things that will please one will displease another one?

So i see no point in raising the argument that some people like to shove widowmaker missiles up their wives arse.

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Renan Ruivo
Hengetools Consumer Products S.A.
#58 - 2011-10-07 05:49:20 UTC
Ladie Harlot wrote:
Blazing Lunatic wrote:
Wormholes - A new place for easier ganking of ships worth much more isk. I don't consider this PvE. Yes there is E but if it's not worth the time of the P to do it then there is no PvE.

Incursions - A new reason to try to lure PvE'ers into low and nul sec to be ganked. Or in the case of high sec a new way for a small few to horde the new actual PvE content for themselves. Some PvE attention but not enough to count or rather done completely wrong.

Anomalies - The only real PvE improvement but it's far too little. High sec anomolies are useless. Like saying "Hey look at this great cake we baked for you! No you can't have a piece but you can lick this spoon. Once. Then go cry."

Cosmos Missions - Yet another gankfest. Not PvE but rather a lure for PvE'ers to become targets of PvP'ers. Stupid.

I still see no real PvE improvments in this list.

So basically you haven't tried any of those things for yourself.


I commend you for not having your mind blown away by that post...

The world is a community of idiots doing a series of things until it explodes and we all die.

Previous page123