These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Cerlestes' Ore Table: Up-to-date Mineral Prices, Refining Values, and more!

First post
Author
Paracetamol BaoVo
xell network seven
#41 - 2012-04-26 14:19:05 UTC
No ****, checking http://ore.cerlestes.de is the first thing i do after waking up in the morning.
Zetaomega333
High Flyers
#42 - 2012-04-27 06:09:13 UTC
Looks like people dumped thier investments early
Kandreath
De Re Metallica
#43 - 2012-04-28 02:00:25 UTC
Yeah this is pretty good. The layout is nice. Bookmarked and it my replace the out of date one I use today!

Thanks for keeping the profiles password free! My head will explode if I need to remember one more password at least 8 characters long with a mix of alphabets and numbers and special characters with no recurring characters blah blah blah.
Gingelmesh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2012-04-28 03:03:28 UTC
just here to say, that your ore table is by far the most complete and easy table i have found, and i hope that you continue to improve it towards the future!
Smegskull
Abh Academy
Abh Alliance
#45 - 2012-04-29 10:05:09 UTC
Would it be possible to add a column for the value of the ore unprocessed as i have noticed recently that even with my high refining skill some of the ores sell for more than the minerals in them.
Naso Gomez
#46 - 2012-04-29 21:42:28 UTC
Love this thing, thanks for making it.
Altair Raja
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2012-04-30 00:08:23 UTC
Loved that site when i used to use my Hulk. and if i ever clean off the dust Ill be sure to use that site again

AFK cloaking doesn't earn anything, so it needs a buff!

Cerlestes
Veldspar Trading Company.
Veldspar Trading Alliance.
#48 - 2012-05-02 16:40:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Cerlestes
Thanks for all the replies and especially all of those ideas!
I'm going to consider every single one and start working on a completely reworked and improved version to come later this year. Some of the features I'm thinking of:

• No more profiles required to store settings, but: Non-profile-settings are going to be temporarily stored in the client, and thus lost after the browser tab/window is closed. If you want to save them, you will still have to create a profile.
  • The traded volumes are going to be available too, since I've been saving those for two years now, but haven't made any use of it.
  • Gas-Mining: I've been thinking on this for a while and I'm not sure how to implement it into the current website layout, since you're already mining the final form and don't need to refine the gases into something else. But I'll further investigate.
  • Embeddable Gadget for your websites: It will show the current mineral or ice product prices plus the top ore to mine.
  • Formulas: You can enter formulas like you do in Excel, that access the current prices also used by the site. Those are saved in your profile and thus are permanent.
  • Many other features and improvements. Stay tuned!

Thanks again :)

Regards,
cerlestes

PS: I'm thinking of creating a separate website that displays an extended market history, not only for minerals and ice products. But as EVE Central is not a reliable beyond minerals, I'll have to check how possible to realise this idea is.

PPS:
Tobiaz wrote:
It never ceases to amaze me how people keep giving such valuable information for free. Pirate

Well, that's because I'm a RL-pirate (i.e. member of the German Pirate Party ;)) and value the freedom of information. It's making me glad when I can help other people, for example by providing them with this information.
anastasia kernsky
Clan Wolf Hunters
#49 - 2012-05-03 03:00:40 UTC
cant wait to see how u change it Cool

mining is on rise so this will help people to get the amount that there ore, ice and gas is worth and where to drop the mats off at
keep up the good work P

PVPers and Ganker get Kittend off when u threten there ez way of life with a change to something that would challenge them

Zetaomega333
High Flyers
#50 - 2012-05-03 11:09:21 UTC
There has been alot of spikes the past 2 days making this give very false readouts, just yesterday Merc was worth 22 billion isk a can. Any way to keep this from happening.
Cerlestes
Veldspar Trading Company.
Veldspar Trading Alliance.
#51 - 2012-05-12 15:03:14 UTC
Zetaomega333 wrote:
There has been alot of spikes the past 2 days making this give very false readouts, just yesterday Merc was worth 22 billion isk a can. Any way to keep this from happening.

Yeah, as I pointed out on the market trend page of the website, this happened due to some changes by EVE Central. I've already fixed that now and even improved the method of reading the prices. Formerly It used to calculate an average from the 10 lowest prices, but now it's using an average from the 10 prices around the 95th percentile of all prices, which makes it much more realistic and resistant against dumping prices.

Regards,
cerlestes
John Quant
Alpha Syndicate
#52 - 2012-05-27 05:18:54 UTC
Best thing for mining around! Waiting to see for new version. Blink

One thing I would like to see in your new version is raw ore/ice volume.
Cause sometimes for manufacturing I don't just buy minerals, I buy ore and then reprocess it.
Atm I can easily calculate back how much m3 ore I need to get required amount of mineral, but I still have to look up ore volume to calculate how much ore units to buy. It would be really nice to see the volume next to ore/ice. Idea

Hope I said this clear enough. And Keep up this awesome work you do!
49 marshon
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#53 - 2012-06-15 19:28:17 UTC
I absolutely love your site! Just a few weeks ago I was trying to do this manually.

What would I like to see in an upgrade you ask?

Info for Hek - I'm not sure but I think it's a bigger hub than some listed

A table for gas mining

fix the market trend links

Thanks, I will probably think of maore later
Hirotsugu Qoylurani
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2012-06-17 09:43:59 UTC
Awesome tool, thank you. In your tutorial you write that you can read the charts with a history of 7 or 30 days. How do you switch to 30 days? Or make it a feature for the next release:

• Market price history for last 7, 30, 90 and 180 days.
  • Make trade hubs selectable, e.g. only Jita and Amarr at a time
  • +1 for the raw ore price information mentioned above. Another tool I use let me enter the price for Kernite and Omber for example.

Keep it up!
Gingelmesh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2012-06-20 01:23:35 UTC
i really like the idea of Bulk Ore Prices, that is to say un-refined!

Gingelmesh
Duchy Duke
Fresh Provisions
#56 - 2012-06-21 13:44:33 UTC
Quote:
I wondered what features you want to see later this year. Do you have a good idea? Tell me in the official EVE Online forum thread!

Hi Cerlestes, thanks for the great tool. I use it constantly. Big smile

I have a suggestion. I believe others have mentioned it, but In the ISK column we have the price per 1/M3 of Ore (probably useful to Mining Ops and ORCA pilots), but not:

• Price per unit of Ore (useful for raw mineral traders. miners selling their Ore or haulers buying it).

If that change was made I'd never have to leave your site Smile. Currently I end up going between your site (speed and readability) and this Google Doc's spreadsheet (which contains a column called 'ore value').

Thanks again!
Jack Haydn
Magellanic Itg
Goonswarm Federation
#57 - 2012-06-24 13:04:10 UTC
Let us add our own items to observe. What makes your tool so awesome is your algorithm (95th percentile) and the style of your graphs. The data comes from EVE-C anyway, so it would be awesome if we could have a profile where we can add additional items to observe with the tools you have. That's very valuable for traders, not only miners.

Awesome website anyway, thanks a lot for this!
david dowling
Almost Dangerous
Wolves Amongst Strangers
#58 - 2012-06-27 07:55:42 UTC
love the tool
would advanced moon materials be an option
Dave stark
#59 - 2012-06-29 15:34:30 UTC
suggestion for a fix; make sure the prices are accurate, being in null i often have minerals moved to jita and i use the tool to check jita prices, when i contracted some minerals to a friend he informed me it was above jita price as your tool was woefully inaccurate.

kinda defeats the entire purpose of the tool when the isk values are wrong. for example right now in jita both buy and sell orders are below what you've got listed as jita price for megacyte.
Gingelmesh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2012-07-02 03:07:27 UTC
Dave stark wrote:
suggestion for a fix; make sure the prices are accurate, being in null i often have minerals moved to jita and i use the tool to check jita prices, when i contracted some minerals to a friend he informed me it was above jita price as your tool was woefully inaccurate.

kinda defeats the entire purpose of the tool when the isk values are wrong. for example right now in jita both buy and sell orders are below what you've got listed as jita price for megacyte.

You have to remember, this tool is only as accurate as Eve-central.com is, if eve-central is out, then so is this tool

While i would love is CCP exported the information of the basic trade hubs, right now it relys on use submissions, and as such might be out of date!