These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

CCP, soon I will have played EVE for 6 years. This is all your fault.

First post
Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#41 - 2012-06-15 15:02:56 UTC
Shalia Ripper wrote:
Friend, buddy, old pal, exchanger of homoerotic banter....

credit your pusher.

It's partly this guy's fault as well btw.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#42 - 2012-06-15 15:12:56 UTC
Malcanis wrote:

New types of space. Avatar gameplay. New things to do in space (eg: bounty hunting, spacewhales, mining that's not comatose-inducingly dull, ring mining, PvE that's not wrist-slashingly predictable, DUST would have been a fine example if it was incorporated into EVE)

^^ That is foresight and I too would love to see such things in Eve.

6 years is still a long time for any online game. Congratulations and I hope you're around until doomsday.

*Salutes Malcanis*

Reaver Glitterstim
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2012-06-15 16:43:59 UTC
Grash Depran wrote:
How's about some 'fluidic space'.. a la 8472.. that could introduce a whole new tier of everything.. ore, planets, ships, modules, npc's, etc.
New Eden IS fluidic. You can hear explosions in space, ships have a max velocity (one that isn't very high), missiles have windblown gas trails.... Yes, New Eden is DEFINITELY fluidic.

FT Diomedes: "Reaver, sometimes I wonder what you are thinking when you sit down to post."

Frostys Virpio: "We have to give it to him that he does put more effort than the vast majority in his idea but damn does it sometime come out of nowhere."

Valerie Tessel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2012-06-15 17:49:53 UTC
Want Eve Voltron!!!

Tactical destroyers... I'll take a dozen Gallente, please.

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#45 - 2012-06-15 17:59:46 UTC
On July 1 it will be 6 years for me as well and I can say that the OP's sentiments are comparable to my own.

There are some things I could complain about, but overall, it's a good product. What I like as well is that CCP has balls in their approach to things, even if they don't turn out well every time. It's enlightening when comparing them to the corporatist/one-size-fits-all/mainstream approach of other game companies.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#46 - 2012-06-15 18:26:21 UTC
i only just hit my 1 year anniversary of starting this month, just over 1 year and 8 days of playing now lol yay /cheer
NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#47 - 2012-06-15 22:47:50 UTC
CCP Sharkbait wrote:
i started playing in October 2002 and joined CCP in april 2006. 6 years is nothing, quit whining Big smile

Wow, you are still here Sharkbait.

Remember the old days on Sisi :-D ?

Oh by the way, I have been playing EVE Online for 8 years and 4 months now in total Blink

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#48 - 2012-06-15 23:01:30 UTC
I just want them to cut structure EHP in half. **** structures.
Shylock Shlomo
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2012-06-16 07:05:22 UTC
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Ineffective Bounty Hunting system since 2003 anyone? Blink

(Maybe not a new feature in the strictest sense)

I just joined, and it didn't take me long to see how broken the bounty system was. I was really meaning to do that as a career when I first signed up, and it was so frustrating to see that it was an essentially useless mechanic in practice. Personally, while I do appreciate that they're going to finally 'formalize' mercenary work through the merc market, they could have done something similar with bounties (which, personally as explained above, I would prefer). A market, coupled with a skill (or multiple skills) that governs how many "jobs" you can take and of what price range (perhaps) would go a long way towards encouraging bounty hunting as a career. Rather than being something that you just sort of inadvertently collect from killing people, you now browse through a list of jobs with details provided by the potential employer; when and where they were last seen, general habits they may have, etc. Mechanics should be put in place to prevent members of the same corp, alliance, and alts of said characters from collecting bounties to prevent exploitation.

Perhaps the merc market will have options in the contracts to encourage this sort of thing. Being able to individually contract within specific parameters (kill him in a hulk, or in this particular system, whatever) could do more to heighten the more "personal" aspects of bounty hunting vs fleet battles or even mercenary assaults. If you were forced to actually stalk your prey and strike at the right time to receive a reward, I think it could do a lot towards generating a 'new' feeling experience.

Just my two cents, I'm sure there are barriers that I'm not aware of, and this has mostly likely been brought up in the last 9 years or so.
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#50 - 2012-06-16 07:24:35 UTC
I can't believe the hold this game gets on you. Its a bit like chasing the dragon, I'm always chasing those early days in Eve when everything was fresh, new and ppl got excited because a scorpion had been spotted 5 jumps away.

I normally get bored after a month or two with games but here I am 9 years (on the 1 july) later

Tal

Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#51 - 2012-06-16 08:04:54 UTC
Shylock Shlomo wrote:
Grumpy Owly wrote:
Ineffective Bounty Hunting system since 2003 anyone? Blink

(Maybe not a new feature in the strictest sense)

I just joined, and it didn't take me long to see how broken the bounty system was. I was really meaning to do that as a career when I first signed up, and it was so frustrating to see that it was an essentially useless mechanic in practice. Personally, while I do appreciate that they're going to finally 'formalize' mercenary work through the merc market, they could have done something similar with bounties (which, personally as explained above, I would prefer). A market, coupled with a skill (or multiple skills) that governs how many "jobs" you can take and of what price range (perhaps) would go a long way towards encouraging bounty hunting as a career. Rather than being something that you just sort of inadvertently collect from killing people, you now browse through a list of jobs with details provided by the potential employer; when and where they were last seen, general habits they may have, etc. Mechanics should be put in place to prevent members of the same corp, alliance, and alts of said characters from collecting bounties to prevent exploitation.

Perhaps the merc market will have options in the contracts to encourage this sort of thing. Being able to individually contract within specific parameters (kill him in a hulk, or in this particular system, whatever) could do more to heighten the more "personal" aspects of bounty hunting vs fleet battles or even mercenary assaults. If you were forced to actually stalk your prey and strike at the right time to receive a reward, I think it could do a lot towards generating a 'new' feeling experience.

Just my two cents, I'm sure there are barriers that I'm not aware of, and this has mostly likely been brought up in the last 9 years or so.

Thoughts that have been echoing in my head for a long time Shylock.

Weigh up in the political arena if you like: Bounty Hunting for CSM 7.

The link might at least help fill in some blanks?
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#52 - 2012-06-16 08:49:00 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
It has been 3 years since there was something new to do in a spaceship. More than half my EVE "life" has been since the Apocrypha expansion was released.

Recruit a noob. Go and fly the tutorial missions with them, in your rookie ship.
Tarryn Nightstorm
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#53 - 2012-06-16 10:27:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Tarryn Nightstorm
Luis Graca wrote:
There's new content it's called dust
[...]

A pay-to-win generic FPS with pretensions to actual depth that's not even ported to PC?

Thank you, no.

CCP: Make exploration epic, please, whilst keeping it solo-friendly, kthxbai. You know you can do it, we know you can do it, and you know you want to! (Hint: Concentrate on losec for this.)

E:

All-in-one solo-capable eploration ship with cov-ops capapbility that can solo up to...oh, I dounno, DED 8/10 in reasonable time. Want. Naow.

E2:

OK, DED 7/10 and unrated near-equivalents. It does, though, raise the old saw that I've heard from a number of veteran explorers that some 10/10s are actually easier than their 8/10 counterparts, what's up with that?

Star Wars: the Old Republic may not be EVE. But I'll take the sound of dual blaster-pistols over "NURVV CLAOKING NAOW!!!11oneone!!" any day of the week.

Tony Two Bullet
Monocle Madness
#54 - 2012-06-17 03:17:27 UTC

Need more stuff to do?

Get in on some player made content! Bear
Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
#55 - 2012-06-17 03:37:57 UTC
Make sure to bump/repost this in 12 weeks when they actually come back from vacation.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#56 - 2012-06-17 10:31:07 UTC
Patient 2428190 wrote:
Make sure to bump/repost this in 12 weeks when they actually come back from vacation.

Ehehehe will do

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

CCP Sharkbait
C C P
C C P Alliance
#57 - 2012-06-17 14:14:23 UTC
Luis Graca wrote:

CCP Sharkbait wrote:
i started playing in October 2002 and joined CCP in april 2006. 6 years is nothing, quit whining Big smile

Yeah but you are paid to play What?

you have no idea how far from the truth that is.
Previous page123