These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

War Dec's ---

First post
Author
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#81 - 2012-06-15 12:35:07 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
How goes The Trade Guild's wardec against Goonswarm now that you made it mutual and permanent, btw?

Wow, The Honda Accord and The Star Fraction have gotten together quite a list of people. 38 Allies for Honda and 43 for Star.

Good going, guys. However, I don't think you've *yet* gotten every gate-camping, undock-sitting, remote-repping, station-gaming highseccer into the wars, so you better hurry.

Not yet, but all these Goon tears, lucky your friends in CCP have fixed it for you hey Roll

Tal

xxxAlloxxx
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#82 - 2012-06-15 17:05:55 UTC
1.) To the goons and the fags who complain about goons. Go get your own thread to ***** at each other on ffs.

2.) To the numpty goon who thought he would take a poke at Laktos (one of our true to form solo pvp'ers who only roams in null sec) you made yourself look like an idiot way to go Lol.

3.) This thread delivers with a ton of win trolling in it!!!

4.) Would the Goon propaganda machine now switch to Euni propaganda as that's the alliance you guys are joining tyvm.

5.) All those terrible high sec war dec corps - we are not you, you are not us now stfu and stop bitching.

6.) The point still stands, the war dec fee is still high.

7.) Gunpoint Diplomacy dos not do high sec **** as this is boring as **** and pointless. We also don't take to gate camping as again we are easily distracted by candy and therefore hate gate camping. We use the war dec system in low sec so to A.) easily see targets in local B.) make frig combat with non flashy targets viable on gates.

8.) No one here really gives two ***** about goons or the political scene in eve. But we do appreciate that goons have taken an interest in joining Euni and look forward to seeing how that works out for them.

9.) Cats...... I don't trust them but they seem okay.

10.) Butts Butts Butts Butts Butts... This thread was lacking in Butts tbh...

TetraHydroC https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=453962

In Game Chat: 420 Pub chat

BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#83 - 2012-06-15 17:29:30 UTC
Cavel Avada wrote:
I see this as working as intended. War is an expensive prospect. 10-man corps should not be able to cheaply wardec a corp 10x their size. It's just unrealistic.

You are forgetting one small, yet critically important, thing.

Realistically, you dont pay some 3rd party a fee when you attack another country.
I've been a part of 3 real wars now and I can tell you, we never had to pay the U.N. for the privilege.

Your cost is time, personel & materielle (resources), political collateral and risk.
You bring that cost with you when you fight and your success determines how much it comes out to.

Sure, by default this prevents smaller entities from going mano-a-mano with larger ones, but that does not mean it's prohibitive for smaller guys to do so. Inversely so, it costs more for larger entities to engage in war, regardless of how powerful they are and how certain the outcome. Even if a shot isn't fired, just organizing and moving a massive forse costs time and resources.

So, the current fee system IS indeed a little bit backwards.

If anything, it should cost the larger alliances more money and it should be near costless for corporation of less than 10 people.
The FEE should reflect the empires tolerance of allowing the war to happen, to pay for the disturbance and to simulate "logistical costs". Larger entities cost more to move and are a larger source of potential destruction, they should pay a larger fee. Not cause a larger fee for their adversaries.

The fee schedule needs to change for sure, I really dont understand why CCP is having such a hard time with this. They hired an economist for the economy, maybe its time they get a military expert in a few fields to help get past the logic of it.

On a good note - The Merc system is perfect. They need to leverage it more and let people use the money for that. Perfect for corps who dont want to have a constant pewpew fleet, but who have the money to make friends. Get rid of the fees on that, let the market determine cost.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2012-06-15 17:37:36 UTC
CCP, if I say I'm enjoying these goon tears does that qualify as a personal attack?
SetrakDark
Doomheim
#85 - 2012-06-15 17:47:51 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
Has anyone yet explained how more hisec wardecs hurt nullsec alliances who are already constantly wardecced and do all of their logistics with neutral alts?

I mean, as much as you want to believe in goondev conspiracies because-----Edit-----, the entire thing falls apart based on that simple oversight.

No personal attacks, please.

ISD Tyrozan
Ensign
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
Interstellar Services Department
Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#86 - 2012-06-15 19:08:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
SetrakDark wrote:
Has anyone yet explained how more hisec wardecs hurt nullsec alliances who are already constantly wardecced and do all of their logistics with neutral alts?

I mean, as much as you want to believe in goondev conspiracies because -----Edit-----, the entire thing falls apart based on that simple oversight.

It doesn't take long on eve-kill to see expensive losses for them in high sec. You pretending they don't exist does not make them go away.

Edited quote

ISD Tyrozan
Ensign
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
Interstellar Services Department
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#87 - 2012-06-15 19:12:44 UTC
CraftyCroc wrote:
The latest update is great however I feel you have somewhat shafted smaller corps when it comes to war dec'ing.

Two large alliances have come into the area and we have been sparring with them since they have arrived. A decision was made to war dec them and the cost has been quoted as 300m a week.

We estimate it would have cost us in the past circa 50m. Is it working as intended? I hope not.

Sadly there should have been a difference modifier on war decs.

100 person corp wardec 100 person corp the cost should be 50 mill
100 person corp wardec 50 person corp the cost should be 75 mill (50 base plus 25 difference at .5 m ISK each)

SetrakDark
Doomheim
#88 - 2012-06-15 19:13:38 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
It doesn't take long on eve-kill to see expensive losses for them in high sec. You pretending they don't exist does not make them go away.

Show me some of these "expensive losses". Even better, show me the difference between the usual ~5 wardecs and 50 wardecs (or whatever it was).

Wardecs mean nothing to nullsec alliances. It's just random new and/or dumb guys who either don't understand or think they can "run the gauntlet". It doesn't matter if it's one wardec or fifty, they have no impact on the general workings of a nullsec alliance, they are a non-factor.
SetrakDark
Doomheim
#89 - 2012-06-15 19:32:30 UTC
I just looked at 5 pages, approximately 3 days, of goon losses on eve kill. The most expensive loss was a 200m recon; the average loss would be around a destroyer or cruiser, and most of the ones I checked died fighting instead of getting "ganked". This is also compared to the other hundred or so daily losses in nullsec and lowsec.

So again, what effect do you think wardecs actually have on goonswarm? Furthermore, what difference does having additional decs have on top of any supposed impact?

The true punch line is that it's people in hisec who suffer from ****** mechanics, not nullsec players. So the experience of average joe hisec, whom this actually impacts, is meaningless compared to the perceived experience of goonswarm, whom this in no way impacts.
Aliaksandre
Screaming Hayabusa
#90 - 2012-06-15 20:04:09 UTC
Why do goons infest every thread on this forum
xxxAlloxxx
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#91 - 2012-06-15 23:37:00 UTC
SetrakDark wrote:
I just looked at 5 pages, approximately 3 days, of goon losses on eve kill. The most expensive loss was a 200m recon; the average loss would be around a destroyer or cruiser, and most of the ones I checked died fighting instead of getting "ganked". This is also compared to the other hundred or so daily losses in nullsec and lowsec.

So again, what effect do you think wardecs actually have on goonswarm? Furthermore, what difference does having additional decs have on top of any supposed impact?

The true punch line is that it's people in hisec who suffer from ****** mechanics, not nullsec players. So the experience of average joe hisec, whom this actually impacts, is meaningless compared to the perceived experience of goonswarm, whom this in no way impacts.

This post is quality and firmly explains why war decs don't have a real effect on null sec alliances who are established. Now back to the real reason for this post. War decs they are to expensive....

Reachok
Doomheim
#92 - 2012-06-16 00:08:21 UTC
Aliaksandre wrote:
Why do goons infest every thread on this forum

Because there are thousands of them

The bad guys went the other way, seriously....

Marconus Orion
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#93 - 2012-06-16 00:34:27 UTC
So that goon Ark that died is fake?
David Cedarbridge
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2012-06-16 05:06:25 UTC
CraftyCroc wrote:
David Cedarbridge wrote:
CraftyCroc wrote:
2) You are incorrect. I spent 3 months in a large alliance - flying in fleets ranging from several hundred to over a thousand. I was very good at anchoring... i was often the first to find the anchor and click orbit. (I tended to only have the anchor in my watch list which made this task simple). I was also VERY good at pressing F1. I would select the primary I was given and then fired all of this whilst maintaining a near perfect orbit on my anchor. The reason I left ? Little or no skill was involved. I then moved on to smaller corps and started to PVP in a genuine manner. Small corps breed pvp pilots - large alliances breed sheep/robots w/e. Regardless, each to his own.

That's a very cool story and all but totally non-responsive to my point. I too am willing to accept that you know nothing about 0.0 warfare. Fair enough. (3 months, lol)
CraftyCroc wrote:
3)You are still missing the point entirely, but then I have already deduced you are a muppet and so I will try and explain once more. The gate guns are not an issue by itself. Fighting outnumbered whilst taking gcc is a problem. The war dec has mitigated this.

Whatever "muppet" means it must be really offensive to somebody somewhere. I'll file that one away. On the other hand, do try to keep your stories straight. If you are complaining about needing a wardec to avoid dying to gateguns while shooting at eve uni newbies that's cool. (your laundry list of killmails complaining about damage from gate guns comes to mind). If it is now about GCC or whatever, then that's cool too, but do try to be honest about what it is you are whining about. It helps the rest of us keep up without having to predict your next wild move.

My core point still hasn't changed. If you want to buy a lot of targets to shoot at you're going to have to have the money to pay for it. If you can't pay the price for the service then I would reconsider how important it is to you instead of whining about how unfair the game is to you. I mean, if you really want people to take you seriously as some sort of "real PVPer" then the least you can do is avoid whining on the forums about how unfair things are.

If you really think you should be paying less to shoot at people, I would consider purchasing less rights to shoot at less people. I hear that if you purchase less of something you end up paying less for it.

TLDR

Stfu you goon prik

Not really sure what my chosen alliance has to do with anything, but you seem pretty agitated about it for some reason. v0v

If your attention span is really too short to make it through all of those words there I'd suggest reading more books and less whining on forums. It might do you some good. Its really not that long overall and you might even learn something from it instead of kneejerking in rage because somebody told you to HTFU instead of whining about game mechanics.
David Cedarbridge
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2012-06-16 05:10:48 UTC
Marconus Orion wrote:
So that goon Ark that died is fake?

1) This is hardly the thread to be dicussing this really.
2) Surely you don't imagine this is the first moron to move things in a JF with both active wardecs running AND a character in-corp? I promise, I can show you funnier lossmails than that. Some idiot lost their personal reactions moving things the wrong way with the wrong ship on the wrong character. So what?
xxxAlloxxx
Better Off Red
Unspoken Alliance.
#96 - 2012-06-16 12:59:15 UTC
David Cedarbridge wrote:
CraftyCroc wrote:
David Cedarbridge wrote:
CraftyCroc wrote:
2) You are incorrect. I spent 3 months in a large alliance - flying in fleets ranging from several hundred to over a thousand. I was very good at anchoring... i was often the first to find the anchor and click orbit. (I tended to only have the anchor in my watch list which made this task simple). I was also VERY good at pressing F1. I would select the primary I was given and then fired all of this whilst maintaining a near perfect orbit on my anchor. The reason I left ? Little or no skill was involved. I then moved on to smaller corps and started to PVP in a genuine manner. Small corps breed pvp pilots - large alliances breed sheep/robots w/e. Regardless, each to his own.

That's a very cool story and all but totally non-responsive to my point. I too am willing to accept that you know nothing about 0.0 warfare. Fair enough. (3 months, lol)
CraftyCroc wrote:
3)You are still missing the point entirely, but then I have already deduced you are a muppet and so I will try and explain once more. The gate guns are not an issue by itself. Fighting outnumbered whilst taking gcc is a problem. The war dec has mitigated this.

Whatever "muppet" means it must be really offensive to somebody somewhere. I'll file that one away. On the other hand, do try to keep your stories straight. If you are complaining about needing a wardec to avoid dying to gateguns while shooting at eve uni newbies that's cool. (your laundry list of killmails complaining about damage from gate guns comes to mind). If it is now about GCC or whatever, then that's cool too, but do try to be honest about what it is you are whining about. It helps the rest of us keep up without having to predict your next wild move.

My core point still hasn't changed. If you want to buy a lot of targets to shoot at you're going to have to have the money to pay for it. If you can't pay the price for the service then I would reconsider how important it is to you instead of whining about how unfair the game is to you. I mean, if you really want people to take you seriously as some sort of "real PVPer" then the least you can do is avoid whining on the forums about how unfair things are.

If you really think you should be paying less to shoot at people, I would consider purchasing less rights to shoot at less people. I hear that if you purchase less of something you end up paying less for it.

TLDR

Stfu you goon prik

Not really sure what my chosen alliance has to do with anything, but you seem pretty agitated about it for some reason. v0v

If your attention span is really too short to make it through all of those words there I'd suggest reading more books and less whining on forums. It might do you some good. Its really not that long overall and you might even learn something from it instead of kneejerking in rage because somebody told you to HTFU instead of whining about game mechanics.

You speak like you are an elite null sec pvp'er yet goons/CFC in general hate "elite pvp'ers" or that attitude. You are a hypocrite and a idiot, congratulations.

Also you ignore the fact that most low sec pvp'ers are null sec bitter vets who got tired of being a monkey and wanted to think for themselves. I will say that null sec fc's have a lot on there plate and that position is possibly the only spot that requires any real skill, sorry also your cloak y probers who are heroes onto themselves. Other then those two positions everything else is exactly how crafty stated it, press f1 when told and orbit anchor and warp when told to. You even get told how to fit your ships and how to fly them : /.

Feel free to keep blundering onto here and making yourself look like a fool.

Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#97 - 2012-06-16 20:07:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Jessie-A Tassik
Cavel Avada wrote:
I see this as working as intended. War is an expensive prospect. 10-man corps should not be able to cheaply wardec a corp 10x their size. It's just unrealistic.

And bigger armies aren't more expensive. Because.

And 5 tribes/countries jumping on and killing one more successful tribe/country happens all the time.

Unless you can whine like a little girl to the Devs for "fairness"... ie not having to fight more than one person at a time.

In real life, that's how fights work. If five Lete jump on someone in front of his thirty friends in your Lete cool Goon shirts, they all stand and watch while you do it.

Right? Right?
Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#98 - 2012-06-16 20:09:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Tyrozan
SetrakDark wrote:

And what about the Jump Freighter filled with Moon Goon?

Oh yeah, -----Edit-----

Be respectful of others at all times

ISD Tyrozan
Ensign
ISD Community Communications Lia.
Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#99 - 2012-06-16 20:12:27 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Laktos wrote:
Pretty much. Goons were sick of getting harassed by constant decs. They are primarily carebears so this is understandable.

Yep, you reached down from camping Jita and slaps us in Dek where we were ratting.

Come on, you can at least get a ship with a cloak in to camp, right? I mean .... come on, a T1 frigate or something won't hurt your wallet that bad.

You know what happens when there is an AFK cloaky in Local.

It shuts down all activity in the Null system.
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#100 - 2012-06-16 21:30:11 UTC
I leave for a few days and all you ~elite~ pvpers have to offer are half-baked jadeesque conspiracy theories. If you're such an ~elite~ pvper then obviously gate/station guns will not be enough to interfere with your angry shouts of "MY KILLBOARD!"

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133