These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The Mittani's Ethos - Broken

First post
Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#1 - 2012-06-13 14:59:34 UTC
The final irony in all this mess comes from the Mittani's very ethos itself.

Self declaring himself as the Ultimate Space Villian, he threatens to silence those who speak supposedly against him. And then goes to work on that, of course. Why would he not.

The issue is that the very people who speak against him are the ones AGREEING with him. YES, they are saying, yes he is the Ultimate Space Villian in EVE. Look at what he's done ! They practically ADVERTISE how evil he is with every word. They say so as CSM members even. SONY says so. In response he attempts to wipe the agreeing players out and strait jacket their words --- the very same people who are doing his work for him. Anyone see something strange about that ?

Let's say we are in some twisted alternate reality where this was actually working and all voices were quiet as they meekly left the game. Ultimately, after all is said and done, what will there be to do really? Mine Rocks and Invent ships ? Yup. And that's it. And Missions and all. Obviously. But they hate that. So....what's the point ?

But then that strategy is again flawed in another way from that point on. He is assuming silence. This very posting is evidence of how wrong that is.

I'd love to know how many Mittani-centric Petitions and mails have been horrifyingly looked at.....one...at....a....time.....since late March ? So, he flaunts his penultimate goal for his actions, Silence, and it is based on air thin assumption.

So, he suddenly decides to be the Mercenaries' Angel-ex-Machina, as the excuse to crawl out from underneath a war dec. Great.

Do tiny Corps deserve some protection against something the size of the goons ? Yes. Do the Mercenaries deserve to do what they do and continue existing ? Yes indeed.

But the Core Balance issues within here do highlight the problem begat with the declaration of EVE as the ultimate Sandbox to begin with. It's a grand and noble idea certainly, but there is no protection for CCP from the actions of someone who has no concept of boundaries. There is no way to deal with boundary-less actions without strict rules, something the Mittani claims to not want, but is helping to bring about all by himself, utterly in contradiction to his STATED goal. Not thinking this through on his part is just idiocy. If intentional.......I can't type how that makes me feel.

And as to why High Sec and others are fleeing the game: to paraphrase the title of The Nosy Gamer's blog about Quartzlight's OP the other day, "With Enemies like these....who needs Enemies ?"

"If there's trouble around.....get RID of it." - Ann Miller, David Lynch's Mulholland Dr.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#2 - 2012-06-13 15:01:50 UTC
Did you get ganked Hunnie?

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Haulie Berry
#3 - 2012-06-13 15:03:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Haulie Berry
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
You are trying to apply logic to a group of people whose mindset and actions are not rational at all.

Best to have some Hot Chocolate, Relax, and Adapt.

If you had read any of the history of EVE's development, it was designed with a degree of griefing sPECIFICALLY built in.

Alter that and you have another game entirely.

And as much of a High Sec miner/industrialist as I am, I would be OUT OF HERE if these things stopped.

Better to focus your actions on the game's real issue: RMT and Botting.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#4 - 2012-06-13 15:04:04 UTC
Please put up more towers.
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#5 - 2012-06-13 15:06:02 UTC
Alice Saki wrote:
Did you get ganked Hunnie?

He shiptoasted about goons when he had a corp. Goons sent 15 of their finest to take care of him and they put his station into reinforced state forcing him to abandon his corp it seems and to lose his remaining marbles. He now likens the goons to WW2 nazi's.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#6 - 2012-06-13 15:06:26 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

All what mess?

That's not how one starts a thread, with a presupposition that everyone in the forums follows whatever sad path your Eve career is taking. You've got to lay some ground work first. Then you can hit us with your witty thoughts about irony.

Try again.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Lyron-Baktos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-06-13 15:07:58 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Self declaring himself as the Ultimate Space Villian, he threatens to silence those who speak supposedly against him. And then goes to work on that, of course. Why would he not.

The issue is that the very people who speak against him are the ones AGREEING with him. YES, they are saying, yes he is the Ultimate Space Villian in EVE. Look at what he's done ! They practically ADVERTISE how evil he is with every word. They say so as CSM members even. SONY says so. In response he attempts to wipe the agreeing players out and strait jacket their words --- the very same people who are doing his work for him. Anyone see something strange about that ?

Let's say we are in some twisted alternate reality where this was actually working and all voices were quiet as they meekly left the game. Ultimately, after all is said and done, what will there be to do really? Mine Rocks and Invent ships ? Yup. And that's it. And Missions and all. Obviously. But they hate that. So....what's the point ?

But then that strategy is again flawed in another way from that point on. He is assuming silence. This very posting is evidence of how wrong that is.

I'd love to know how many Mittani-centric Petitions and mails have been horrifyingly looked at.....one...at....a....time.....since late March ? So, he flaunts his penultimate goal for his actions, Silence, and it is based on air thin assumption.

So, he suddenly decides to be the Mercenaries' Angel-ex-Machina, as the excuse to crawl out from underneath a war dec. Great.

Do tiny Corps deserve some protection against something the size of the goons ? Yes. Do the Mercenaries deserve to do what they do and continue existing ? Yes indeed.

But the Core Balance issues within here do highlight the problem begat with the declaration of EVE as the ultimate Sandbox to begin with. It's a grand and noble idea certainly, but there is no protection for CCP from the actions of someone who has no concept of boundaries. There is no way to deal with boundary-less actions without strict rules, something the Mittani claims to not want, but is helping to bring about all by himself, utterly in contradiction to his STATED goal. Not thinking this through on his part is just idiocy. If intentional.......I can't type how that makes me feel.

And as to why High Sec and others are fleeing the game: to paraphrase the title of The Nosy Gamer's blog about Quartzlight's OP the other day, "With Enemies like these....who needs Enemies ?"

You are more pitiful then Mittani, feeding the troll when he hardly even posts here.

"If there's trouble around.....get RID of it." - Ann Miller, David Lynch's Mulholland Dr.

Morganta
The Greater Goon
Clockwork Pineapple
#8 - 2012-06-13 15:08:39 UTC
why do all the emo shitposters have emo looking avatars?
Kijo Rikki
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2012-06-13 15:15:08 UTC
Morganta wrote:
why do all the emo shitposters have emo looking avatars?

I was going to mention I thought it was fitting his avatar appears to have a single tear rolling down his cheek. Smile

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-06-13 15:15:11 UTC
I thought you quit. Didn't you quit? Are you going to quit again?

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Sanctuary Pact
#11 - 2012-06-13 15:17:02 UTC
This just gets sadder and more irritating, watching General Forums being flushed down the toilet.
Now Mr icefluxor reverts to personal attacks, because that's all it is, couched around other inconsequential matters.
Your most recent post was about Jews and Goons.
Now it's more personal, about The Mittani himself.
Switch a light on, please. Grow up, go outside, breath some fresh air.
Din Chao
#12 - 2012-06-13 15:18:01 UTC
I read the OP twice... still not entirely sure what it's about.
Haulie Berry
#13 - 2012-06-13 15:20:44 UTC
Din Chao wrote:

Other players are doing things he doesn't like and CCP shouldn't allow that.
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#14 - 2012-06-13 15:20:51 UTC
Din Chao wrote:

Kinda why i posted what I did... Maybe 3rd time lucky

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Dare Knight
Bandwagoners
#15 - 2012-06-13 15:25:10 UTC
I missed the part where there's actually anything wrong. The Goons do what Goons do. They've been dec'd to death and attacked head on over and over and over, and guess what? They're still there, and they're still Goons.... There's nothing wrong with that. Don't like it? Then what are you doing here?

I have neutral to slightly positive feelings for Goons. They're big, they're scary, and they play the game to the maximum extent permissible. They help drive the economy, they help create that lore and history that we mostly have come to love, etc etc. EVE wouldn't be the same if it weren't for the Goon's influence. This, of course, is obvious logic, which appears to be something a few good citizens overlook.

What I think the issue is that you're trying to address is that... *does a bit of research on you*, well, frack, son, I don't know. Your killboard is... short. I dunno, maybe you just want to troll.

That's it. I'm going with troll.

_It's very simple, really. If you see Tengus on scan, they are ratting. If you see a shitload of Tengus, the Russians are blobbing. If you see Proteuses on scan, they will be on top of you in about a second. If you see a shitload of Proteuses, the big boys are having a goodfight. _

Atrocitus Parallax
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-06-13 15:28:46 UTC
The Martini is good for emergent content. We consume emergent content. So The Margarita is good for us.
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#17 - 2012-06-13 15:32:48 UTC
What's up with all these people who make a big deal out of quitting over some perceived slight and then continuously **** up the forums with their diarrhea posts instead of just ******* quitting?

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Krios Ahzek
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2012-06-13 15:33:28 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

You can be addicted to a certain kind of sadnessSad

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
#19 - 2012-06-13 15:36:11 UTC
I believe it was the Wookie's fault.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Barbara Nichole
Cryogenic Consultancy
#20 - 2012-06-13 15:37:07 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

All what mess?

lol, what are you blind or just blonde.?

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

12Next page