These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EVE 0.0 community opnions on my null sec cloaky.

Author
ModeratedToSilence
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2012-06-11 21:36:50 UTC
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
Vaal Erit wrote:
AFK cloakers with no combat capability can be ignored and those that hunt for targets can be baited and killed.

For the love of God…

An answer like this is the height of stupidity. Tell me, that cloaker that is sitting in your system, how do you know he’s:

a) Afk or not
b) Combat capable or not

The answer is you can’t. Therefore the prudent pilot must assume that the person is not afk and is combat (or at least hot drop) capable. That effectively shuts down any activity by the prudent pilot.

Step 1. Check pilot age
Step 2. Check corp history
Step 3. Check sec status
Step 4. Check Eve-kill
Step 5. Check Eve-info
Step 6. Check eve board

Surprisngly said information will tell you if pilots engages in combat, how often they engage, what they engage with, how skilled they are with what they engage, and what they like to engage.
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#22 - 2012-06-11 21:39:58 UTC
strenif wrote:

I care. AFK cloaking is a bad mechanic. If you are in 0.0 you shouldn't be be able to make yourself permanently safe from attack (unless you're docked). A PoS can be blown up, and blob can be counter blob'ed, a safe spot can be scanned down.

So how exactly can you tell if someone is afk while cloaked?

Also, the counter to cloaking is you can't attack while cloaked. This means that so long as they are cloaked, they can't do anything to you. So in essence, you are complaining about a mechanic, that when used, can not inflict any harm to you.

No trolling please

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#23 - 2012-06-11 22:07:41 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
strenif wrote:

I care. AFK cloaking is a bad mechanic. If you are in 0.0 you shouldn't be be able to make yourself permanently safe from attack (unless you're docked). A PoS can be blown up, and blob can be counter blob'ed, a safe spot can be scanned down.

Also, the counter to cloaking is you can't attack while cloaked. This means that so long as they are cloaked, they can't do anything to you. So in essence, you are complaining about a mechanic, that when used, can not inflict any harm to you.

Yep. The fact they have to decloak just after batphoning and just before tackling and cynoing means it isn't the cloak that's the problem.

Welp, here's to GD.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-06-11 22:10:15 UTC
strenif wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
You should make a few more of these posts. I don't think enough people care yet.

Oh yeah.

When I'm cloaked you shouldn't be able to tell that I'm ******* there. You're on the wrong end of the bitching buddy!
Bane Nucleus
Dark Venture Corporation
Kitchen Sinkhole
#25 - 2012-06-11 22:22:13 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
strenif wrote:

Yep. The fact they have to decloak just after batphoning and just before tackling and cynoing means it isn't the cloak that's the problem.

Welp, here's to GD.

LOL! It also means they weren't afk.

No trolling please

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#26 - 2012-06-11 22:24:19 UTC
Bane Nucleus wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Bane Nucleus wrote:
strenif wrote:

Welp, here's to GD.

LOL! It also means they weren't afk.

There you have it, it's perfectly balanced.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#27 - 2012-06-12 00:01:54 UTC
OMG OP just broke 0.0!

not
No More Heroes
Boomer Humor
Snuffed Out
#28 - 2012-06-12 00:29:14 UTC
Hyperr wrote:
My null sec cloaky.

Step 1 : Train cloaking.

Step 2 : Fit Cloak to ship.

Step 3 : Get to Null Space.

Step 3.1 : Activate Cloak.

Step 4 : Never log off.

Step 5 : Go to EvE Fourms and look at some feedback.

Step 6 : Enjoy.

Step 7 : Play EvE on your alt account.

what yall think?
not to sure on the low slots yet

I can think of some better things to do with that account. Less pacifist, more violent. More fun.

Hyperr
Alpha Qew
#29 - 2012-06-15 19:58:38 UTC
hmm
Sasha Deathcabin Yvormes
The Mistwraith
#30 - 2012-06-15 20:00:57 UTC
Hyperr wrote:
My null sec cloaky.

Step 1 : Train cloaking.

Step 2 : Fit Cloak to ship.

Step 3 : Get to Null Space.

Step 3.1 : Activate Cloak.

Step 4 : Never log off.

Step 5 : Go to EvE Fourms and look at some feedback.

Step 6 : Enjoy.

Step 7 : Play EvE on your alt account.

what yall think?
not to sure on the low slots yet

Do that in a goon mining system and i'll give ya 10isk.

What? Goons don't mine? Well blow me, i thought they were an indy alliance.ShockedShocked
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#31 - 2012-06-15 20:01:53 UTC
It's not my fault that people in Tengus are afraid of my T1 BC.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2012-06-16 20:17:17 UTC
strenif wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
You should make a few more of these posts. I don't think enough people care yet.

Eve isn't fair- Soundwaffe
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#33 - 2012-06-17 00:22:36 UTC
Sasha Deathcabin Yvormes wrote:
Do that in a goon mining system and i'll give ya 10isk.

What? Goons don't mine? Well blow me, i thought they were an indy alliance.ShockedShocked

Do it in VFK it's the *premier* target.

Want to headshot the goons and die in a fire? You go to VFK.

Want to give DBRB some excitement? You hotdrop into VFK

Want to station trade in nullsec? You dock in VFK.

Want to AFK cloak? ...

Dimitryy
Silent Knights.
LinkNet
#34 - 2012-06-17 00:34:11 UTC
This was more fun when things could be unscannable. Some people will rat with an unknown cloaked ship in local, very few will rat with a known hostile Sleipnir on scan at a safespot.
Lenore Leelu
Obsidian Dynamics
#35 - 2012-06-17 01:43:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Lenore Leelu
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
Vaal Erit wrote:
AFK cloakers with no combat capability can be ignored and those that hunt for targets can be baited and killed.

For the love of God…

An answer like this is the height of stupidity. Tell me, that cloaker that is sitting in your system, how do you know he’s:

a) Afk or not
b) Combat capable or not

The answer is you can’t. Therefore the prudent pilot must assume that the person is not afk and is combat (or at least hot drop) capable. That effectively shuts down any activity by the prudent pilot.

Kijo Rikki wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, I do believe the counter is local. At least, local not having a hard counter itself, has been ingeniously countered by the afk cloaker, which has no counter.

I'll agree that since local does exist in its current form, it has no counter, and it needs to be changed. However, that doesn't mean that afk cloaking isn't a good solution. Two wrongs don't make a right. I would rather both be changed so that an equitable solution is found. Cloaking becomes a viable ambush tactic (pilots not auto-warned by local), while at the same time give potential victims a chance to evade their pursuers. This is why I am against the immediate outright removal of Local as many seem to advocate, as it would give anyone an effectively 'free cloak'.

Along with all of this is a chance to D-Scan mechanics, as spamming D-Scan every 5 seconds for hours at a time is just as awful.

a) you dont
b) check kill mails
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#36 - 2012-06-17 01:51:38 UTC
I wonder...

When those risk averse null folks who dock up when there is one neutral in local go to high sec... do they have an aneurysm?
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#37 - 2012-06-17 02:45:17 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
I wonder...

When those risk averse null folks who dock up when there is one neutral in local go to high sec... do they have an aneurysm?

You only shoot when the FC says to, and when the target is blinking red.

Also, turn off the outlaw thing because apparently it's buggy and you can still get CONCORDed.

Obviously, if you're ganking you don't need blinky red.

Frederick Sanger
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2012-06-17 02:56:27 UTC
Corina Jarr wrote:
I wonder...

Why would we want to go to high-sec unless we're burning Jita or helping miners evolve their play style?
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2012-06-17 02:59:51 UTC
i was just in amarr buying some ice crap and I saw Corina Jarr in local enraptured by this one npc corp guy who was going on in local about how he got trapped in a wormhole once so he kept killing the wormhole dwellers for weeks until they gave him a bm exit or something lol so anyways here's to you fellow eve-gd poster o7 o7
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2012-06-17 03:00:48 UTC
hiseccers tell tall tales in local? color me shocked

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Previous page12