These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Myrmidon in wormholes.

Author
Anikeran
#1 - 2012-06-08 23:53:24 UTC
http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/34482-Myrmidon-Best-PvP-Battlecruiser-Period.html

How would this ship do in wormholes? PvP and PvE

For PvE I would switch out the warp jam and stasis web and the 2 cap injectors and add 4 cap recharger IIs
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#2 - 2012-06-08 23:58:50 UTC
Anikeran wrote:
http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/34482-Myrmidon-Best-PvP-Battlecruiser-Period.html

For PvE I would switch out the warp jam and stasis web and the 2 cap injectors and add 4 cap recharger IIs

That's a nice pvp fit. Myrmidon's are annoying as fck for wormhole PVE
Anikeran
#3 - 2012-06-09 00:03:14 UTC
Derath Ellecon wrote:
Anikeran wrote:

That's a nice pvp fit. Myrmidon's are annoying as fck for wormhole PVE

annoying as in.. not good?
joes Bazooka
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-06-09 00:44:55 UTC
I didn't bother looking at the fit cause i am lazy like that..... But i have seen people solo C1's easily in them.
Omen Nihilo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-06-09 01:19:45 UTC
Sleepers make drones a high priority.
Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-06-09 01:42:19 UTC
Omen Nihilo wrote:
Sleepers make drones a high priority.

I heard doing RR or EWAR pisses the sleepers off so much that they forget all about drones.
Mumtaz Khan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-06-09 01:46:13 UTC
Drone boats in general aren't very good in wormholes. In fleets, they can do okay, but solo, you will rage at the amount of drones you lose. I only tried using the myrmidon for running low-class sites for about a week, but it was infuriating. A t1-fitted drake is still better than a myrmidon.
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#8 - 2012-06-09 02:21:44 UTC
Mumtaz Khan wrote:
Drone boats in general aren't very good in wormholes. In fleets, they can do okay, but solo, you will rage at the amount of drones you lose. I only tried using the myrmidon for running low-class sites for about a week, but it was infuriating. A t1-fitted drake is still better than a myrmidon.

This pretty much.

Drone aggro is an issue. Although honestly I didnt lose many. A sentry Ishtar works way better since you can orbit your sentries and quickly pull and re launch quickly.

But the biggest reason honestly is attention. There is a reason that Drakes, tengu's and pretty much missile boats rule in wormholes IMO. And it is essentially because they are easy mode.

If you are in range, you know your missiles will hit. No worrying about transversal, or tracking, or correct ammo type.

This is critical, because it allows you to focus more time on defense, dscans, staying aligned etc.

I dunno why, but it annoyed the crap out of me that the drake was the best answer. And it even annoyed me to train a tengu in a way. But at the same time i am glad I did.
Miles Parabellum
Core Collapse Inc
#9 - 2012-06-09 09:09:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Miles Parabellum
I've done a little daytripping in a horribly fit myrmidon. All tractors, salvagers, probe launchers and a cloak in highs and drones as sole DPS.
In C1s and C2s, they will do fine, and sleepers rarely aggro the drones. If they do anyway, it's easy to see from the targeting brackets turning from red to yellow and, of course, your drones starting to slowly lose health.
In that case, just scoop them, wait a second and re-deploy.
Easy as pie.
Oh, and you can keep the pvp-fit you linked to (you may trip on someone you want to shoot). You have plenty of dps in the drones alone, and your resists/reppers will easily keep you alive as long as you have boosters.
Do make it a priority to kill the sirius towers fast, though, as they hit hard.
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#10 - 2012-06-09 09:14:54 UTC
Keep the Myrm for Pvp, But like someone already said you'd be better off with a Drake.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-06-11 12:04:52 UTC
You are better off with a drake. But the myrm can run C2's solo. Between the two only the drake will take you into C3 farming.

Don't ban me, bro!

Miriena
Big Johnson's
#12 - 2012-06-11 21:28:36 UTC
This is now my favorite Myrm fit for PvE. To be fair, its tank really was unexpectedly nice (relatively speaking, of course). And oh so tasty.
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#13 - 2012-06-26 08:47:57 UTC
I noticed that when I use a Drake with a gang link and ECCM I get virtually no aggro on drones or even the other Drake with no such modules (dualboxing). The ship with the link and the ECCM draws 99% of aggro. Shouldn't be different with a Myrmidon.

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-06-26 10:36:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
The myrm is probably better as a shield tanking ship now. With the addition of the drone damage mods (low slot) you can get over 1000 dps with an okay tank.

I haven't flow a myrm in pve for at least a year now but back in the day, i used to use one ecm module on the sleeper which made them shoot me and not my drones.
Hathrul
NED-Clan
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2012-06-26 11:35:05 UTC
the problem with the myrm is simply range. if you use drones, they die. and though blasters do some nice DPS, youll spend days getting in to range to apply that damage. tengu's and drakes are king because they can just sit still and shoot at everything in 90-100 km, regardless of the exact distance
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#16 - 2012-06-26 20:44:23 UTC
Hathrul wrote:
the problem with the myrm is simply range. if you use drones, they die. and though blasters do some nice DPS, youll spend days getting in to range to apply that damage. tengu's and drakes are king because they can just sit still and shoot at everything in 90-100 km, regardless of the exact distance

This.

You can fit long range (arties or rails) but your tracking will suck against the frigs and so forth that will get under your guns.

The only real drones worth using are sentries, since you can stay close to pull them, and hobs for frigs that get close.

But overall it is major league annoying, and all of the drone management takes away from your security management (dscan etc).
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#17 - 2012-06-27 12:53:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Terrorfrodo wrote:
I noticed that when I use a Drake with a gang link and ECCM I get virtually no aggro on drones or even the other Drake with no such modules (dualboxing). The ship with the link and the ECCM draws 99% of aggro. Shouldn't be different with a Myrmidon.

I've seen 2-3 people recently suggesting that ganglinks make sleepers go for that ship hardcore 80-90% of the time, something I'm gonna have to test a bit - potentially very useful if your jumping site runners with some more fragile ships.

Derath Ellecon wrote:
Hathrul wrote:

This.

You can fit long range (arties or rails) but your tracking will suck against the frigs and so forth that will get under your guns.

The only real drones worth using are sentries, since you can stay close to pull them, and hobs for frigs that get close.

But overall it is major league annoying, and all of the drone management takes away from your security management (dscan etc).

I briefly used a myrm with sentries and arty in a C3 and it didn't really put the damage down that effectively on anything that wasn't a battleship - probably losing about 70% of its effective dps - although on that note get some RR going with a couple of long range webbing arty ships like lokis + a 90% webbing ship with blasters and you can absolutely tear through sleeper sites I find instapopping frigs somewhat satisfying.
chris elliot
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#18 - 2012-06-27 19:05:56 UTC
Not really applicable for pve, but dual or triple rep neut myrms if flown properly are nasty beeshes to have on hand.