These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

EVE 0.0 community opnions on my null sec cloaky.

Author
Hyperr
Alpha Qew
#1 - 2012-06-11 17:43:02 UTC
My null sec cloaky.

Step 1 : Train cloaking.

Step 2 : Fit Cloak to ship.

Step 3 : Get to Null Space.

Step 3.1 : Activate Cloak.

Step 4 : Never log off.

Step 5 : Go to EvE Fourms and look at some feedback.

Step 6 : Enjoy.

Step 7 : Play EvE on your alt account.

what yall think?
not to sure on the low slots yet
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2012-06-11 17:44:52 UTC
IBTL

/fail thread

FC, what do?

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#3 - 2012-06-11 17:45:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Kijo Rikki
This looks strikingly similar to a previous post.

Also try my fit.

[Buzzard, New Setup 1]
[empty low slot]
[empty low slot]

[empty med slot]
[empty med slot]
[empty med slot]
[empty med slot]
[empty med slot]

Improved Cloaking Device II
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Natsett Amuinn
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-06-11 17:46:07 UTC
You should make a few more of these posts. I don't think enough people care yet.
FeralShadow
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2012-06-11 18:02:18 UTC
oh so THATS how you fit a cloak to a ship. Ok. I was putting a covert ops cloak on my abaddon because i had all the lows filled with Co-processors.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-06-11 18:17:36 UTC
op should cloak thread like he cloaks his ship
strenif
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-06-11 18:32:12 UTC
Natsett Amuinn wrote:
You should make a few more of these posts. I don't think enough people care yet.

I care. AFK cloaking is a bad mechanic. If you are in 0.0 you shouldn't be be able to make yourself permanently safe from attack (unless you're docked). A PoS can be blown up, and blob can be counter blob'ed, a safe spot can be scanned down.
Vicky Somers
Rusty Anchor
#8 - 2012-06-11 18:37:56 UTC
strenif wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

I care. AFK cloaking is a bad mechanic. If you are in 0.0 you shouldn't be be able to make yourself permanently safe from attack (unless you're docked). A PoS can be blown up, and blob can be counter blob'ed, a safe spot can be scanned down.

What if I wrote a script that warps me around and creates random safespots and does that all the time from uptime to downtime? Would this be against the EULA? Would this **** you off even harder than me just sitting there cloaked.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#9 - 2012-06-11 18:41:05 UTC
They're an excellent counter to local.

Granted, it would be better if local was fixed so you didn't have to waste alts on subverting it, but still…
Mara Tessidar
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2012-06-11 19:22:56 UTC
Step 1: Fit invul fields on my Tengus.
Step 2: Fit Warp Disruptor IIs on my Tengus.
Step 3: Have non-rat-specific faction ammo in cargohold.
Step 4: Ignore hostile with poor kill history in local.
Step 5: ???
Step 6: Profit.
Calfis
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2012-06-11 19:32:33 UTC
strenif wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

Its only bad if you allow stuff like this to happen to you.
Kijo Rikki
#12 - 2012-06-11 19:36:53 UTC
Calfis wrote:
strenif wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

Its only bad if you allow stuff like this to happen to you.

or this

Vaal Erit
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-06-11 19:40:58 UTC
Perfectly acceptable tactic. If you can't handle a tiny bit of risk in 0.0 then you don't belong in 0.0 or EVE for that matter. AFK cloakers with no combat capability can be ignored and those that hunt for targets can be baited and killed.
Ditra Vorthran
Caldari Imports and Exports
#14 - 2012-06-11 19:47:11 UTC
I think the biggest prI think the biggest problem that people have with afk cloaking is the lack of counter. Everything should have a counter. Rock-paper-scissors-lasersword, whatever mechanic you want to have, a counter needs to exist.

It’s kind of like carebears who ***** and moan about infinite hulkageddon. There are ways to protect yourselves people, learn how.

If your intent is to afk grief a system in 0.0, then what’s the counter? Right now, there is none.

Now fixing afk griefing should be part of an overall rework of Local mechanics. As much as I’m an advocate of changing cloaking in a way as to make infinite afk cloak griefing impossible, I also don’t want cloaking nerfed into oblivion either.

"Miners mine so I don't have to." ~Metal Icarus

Kijo Rikki
#15 - 2012-06-11 19:49:28 UTC
Ditra Vorthran wrote:
I think the biggest prI think the biggest problem that people have with afk cloaking is the lack of counter. Everything should have a counter. Rock-paper-scissors-lasersword, whatever mechanic you want to have, a counter needs to exist.

It’s kind of like carebears who ***** and moan about infinite hulkageddon. There are ways to protect yourselves people, learn how.

If your intent is to afk grief a system in 0.0, then what’s the counter? Right now, there is none.

Now fixing afk griefing should be part of an overall rework of Local mechanics. As much as I’m an advocate of changing cloaking in a way as to make infinite afk cloak griefing impossible, I also don’t want cloaking nerfed into oblivion either.

As much as I hate to say it, I do believe the counter is local. At least, local not having a hard counter itself, has been ingeniously countered by the afk cloaker, which has no counter.

King Aires
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2012-06-11 19:50:32 UTC
strenif wrote:
Natsett Amuinn wrote:

What about the sov holders that go AFK in their stations out there in 0.0

Should we fix that mechanic too, make those guys auto undock once an hour so roaming fleets can get kills?!

Give me a F-ing break, no one is perfectly safe, a cloak can be subverted by getting close to the ship, it is not my fault you don't know where said ship is.
Vicky Somers
Rusty Anchor
#17 - 2012-06-11 19:50:44 UTC
Ditra Vorthran wrote:

Set a trap.
KrakizBad
Section 8.
#18 - 2012-06-11 19:52:25 UTC
FeralShadow wrote:
oh so THATS how you fit a cloak to a ship. Ok. I was putting a covert ops cloak on my abaddon because i had all the lows filled with Co-processors.

Oh man I wish this actually worked. Warping cloaked gank abaddon would be hilarious.
Ditra Vorthran
Caldari Imports and Exports
#19 - 2012-06-11 20:00:42 UTC
Vaal Erit wrote:
AFK cloakers with no combat capability can be ignored and those that hunt for targets can be baited and killed.

For the love of God…

An answer like this is the height of stupidity. Tell me, that cloaker that is sitting in your system, how do you know he’s:

a) Afk or not
b) Combat capable or not

The answer is you can’t. Therefore the prudent pilot must assume that the person is not afk and is combat (or at least hot drop) capable. That effectively shuts down any activity by the prudent pilot.

Kijo Rikki wrote:
As much as I hate to say it, I do believe the counter is local. At least, local not having a hard counter itself, has been ingeniously countered by the afk cloaker, which has no counter.

I'll agree that since local does exist in its current form, it has no counter, and it needs to be changed. However, that doesn't mean that afk cloaking isn't a good solution. Two wrongs don't make a right. I would rather both be changed so that an equitable solution is found. Cloaking becomes a viable ambush tactic (pilots not auto-warned by local), while at the same time give potential victims a chance to evade their pursuers. This is why I am against the immediate outright removal of Local as many seem to advocate, as it would give anyone an effectively 'free cloak'.

Along with all of this is a chance to D-Scan mechanics, as spamming D-Scan every 5 seconds for hours at a time is just as awful.

"Miners mine so I don't have to." ~Metal Icarus

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#20 - 2012-06-11 21:11:42 UTC
King Aires wrote:
What about the sov holders that go AFK in their stations out there in 0.0

Should we fix that mechanic too, make those guys auto undock once an hour so roaming fleets can get kills?!

You'd have to force them to log in as well.

Actually, what about making those stations destructable ?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

12Next page