These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

SISI has new Minmatar textures (now with pics!)

Author
Callic Veratar
#101 - 2012-06-09 16:28:53 UTC
Pretty sure the Angel and Sansha ships were redone as well. They look the same in shape, but are way more shiny.
Oberine Noriepa
#102 - 2012-06-09 16:39:07 UTC
Looking very nice. Minmatar have the best thruster effects now. The new Drake looks excellent as well.

witchking42
Doomheim
#103 - 2012-06-09 16:56:23 UTC
So glad I fly Minnie, love the new looks...now just have to wait :(

wk42
Skogen Gump
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#104 - 2012-06-09 20:37:03 UTC
MotherMoon wrote:

Rifter now has a transformer logo!

... damn it can't unsee now :(
Hoarr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#105 - 2012-06-09 20:54:21 UTC
Photo Album I made:

http://imgur.com/a/LAEWW
Solhild
Doomheim
#106 - 2012-06-09 21:11:21 UTC
Hoarr wrote:
Photo Album I made:

http://imgur.com/a/LAEWW

Nice. That's the best yet. I've been looking closer at some of the models today and have mixed feelings. The new prowler model is a big improvement but the exhausts from forward thrusters clip the model further back, also the dish at the front still looks wrong. The models have loads of issues like that and the t1 textures lack contrast etc. Hurricane certainly doesn't look finished. Sleipnir and Claymore look are excellent.

The mastodon looks great and is a massive improvement, even though it needs more work around the front.

I'm sure these are all a work in progress, more of this please.
ISquishWorms
#107 - 2012-06-09 21:14:23 UTC  |  Edited by: ISquishWorms
CCP the new inventory and these ships leave me almost speechless but for very different reasons.

I love what you have done with the minmatar ships they are stunning. Great Work. Big smile

The less I say about the inventory the better.

‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

adam smash
Department of Gub'nent Welfare
Harkonnen Federation
#108 - 2012-06-09 21:14:54 UTC
OH LOOK MORE BLACK SHIPS
Singulis Pacifica
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2012-06-10 02:51:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Singulis Pacifica
Thanks for posting the pics everyone.

I have to compliment CCP on a job well done. Minmatar ships always looked so, "rough". As in "Well, let's slam a plate here, a few reinforcements there and I still have some leftovers laying around which I will put here. It doesn't actually fit, but meh, who cares? Add an engine and we're good to go". I know it's the design, but I sometimes had my doubts if I ever wanted to be in one if it was for real. There's an EvE joke on the Minmatar ships after all: Amarr prey to their gods, Minmatar prey that their ships won't fall apart. I'm surprised that CCP didn't add a few bands of Ducktape here and there in the current models on Tranquility.

But the SiSi ones look flat out finished. Like they are really designed with care, creating neat and slick ships. Oh and when I saw the new Mastodon... jawdropping moment CCP. It's my flagship and now I doubt I'll ever want to fly something else. Although.. the Prowler looks awesome too!

Does anyone know if the freighters are going to get updated? The Providence was kept so bright and shiny in Inferno. Perhaps for a reason, but its the only one left that is yellow-ish shiny. The rest of them are dark-brown/gold-ish now.
MotherMoon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#110 - 2012-06-10 17:19:31 UTC
now with video
http://youtu.be/lgJpsBdE7ek

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/1206/scimi.jpg

Vincent Morxsus
Doomheim
#111 - 2012-06-11 03:37:51 UTC
Great work CPP, love the details in the textures and the quality, outstanding job.
Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#112 - 2012-06-11 04:47:47 UTC
some look good... others....... stop making ships black.
Liu Ellens
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#113 - 2012-06-11 06:10:51 UTC
I like the new Prowler as well (but the shimmering shield still could make it back ;) ) - but the Mastodon loses a bit of its bad-ass look without the red lights. (I hope it's still fast though)
Also, the upper front of the Mammoth hull (the nose if I might call it that) looks - and is - flat while it could use some detail.

There hasn't been done much to the Fenrir/Nomad, has it?

Well, they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for shure.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#114 - 2012-06-11 06:15:13 UTC
Liu Ellens wrote:
I like the new Prowler as well (but the shimmering shield still could make it back ;) ) - but the Mastodon loses a bit of its bad-ass look without the red lights. (I hope it's still fast though)
Also, the upper front of the Mammoth hull (the nose if I might call it that) looks - and is - flat while it could use some detail.

There hasn't been done much to the Fenrir/Nomad, has it?

I'm not entirely sure that freighters/jump freighters have been done yet. I don't think that they have.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Sobach
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2012-06-11 06:32:35 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
I'm not entirely sure that freighters/jump freighters have been done yet. I don't think that they have.

yea, only sub-capitals have gotten the v3 treatment, freighters and other cap ships is still waiting for their turn
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#116 - 2012-06-11 06:33:34 UTC
Sucks for me atm as my computer has a serious issue looking at any non /chan image websites which is rather odd i think.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#117 - 2012-06-11 08:27:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
MotherMoon wrote:

Dear cutecupcakebunny,

Thank you for your video. Did you know, you can doubleclick on any ship and it will become the activated one,
and every packaged ship will automagically unpackage ? I really like how you have the Inventory aligned vertically,
actually i completely disbanded this thought from my brain. I'd like to order two big ones, both with extra cheese,
spinach and egg in the middle. Yeah i'll pick them up, no need for delivery. Your pizzas are the best, but this time,
please but the weed in a plastic bag. Not like last time, when you spread it all over the pizza. We had a really fun
night, my grandparents and me, although i would have appreciated not seening a ninety year old couple running
around naked, screaming "BOOBOOBOOBOOBOOBOOBOOBOOBOO" for half an hour, waving their arms around as
if a huge green Hulk eating icecream and a thousand little bees where after them. Now they're taking the hobbits to
isengard and i kept being asked where Gandalf is, because he much desires to speak with him. What did you say ?

Thank you for the pictures and the video and keep your eggs warm before you lose them.

Yours,
candlelightdinneraccountant43

(i'm sorry. i had to. Hope you enjoyed the read. Somehow. Maybe. It's awkward. I'm still at my first coffee.)
(I'd send you ISK for your efforts, but that would make you look like a girl that does things for money,)
(and we don't want you to look like that, don't we ? I remember when my grandpa told me about this girl he)
(knew back in the 1885, in the wild west. He said he saved her life because her horses went wild and they)
(almost ran down a cliff or something. I also remember him telling me about this friend he had, i think his)
(name was Arty and they did some weird science experiment, like how fast a train can go and push a car)
(in front of it. It probably was crazy talk, my grandpa is a really old man and i don't see him very often. He has)
(his own train though, which i think is really cool, you know!)
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#118 - 2012-06-11 08:33:05 UTC
Pyramid Scheme wrote:
i hope they added more rust

Yeah where is all the rust, and the badly welded armour plates and such!

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#119 - 2012-06-11 08:34:26 UTC
Minmatar ships look like they are being held together by hope and rage now and not rust anymore.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#120 - 2012-06-11 08:36:37 UTC
What can I say other than "I came"?

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.