These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tengugeddon: Competition Open, Rules Finalized - WIN A PLEX

Author
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#241 - 2012-06-09 01:01:02 UTC
confirming I am receiving EVE mails about kills.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Blastcaps Madullier
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#242 - 2012-06-09 04:46:55 UTC
Selinate wrote:
Would think you should offer a couple of plex for something like this, those tanks are hard as hell to crack.

I support this nonetheless.

as someone noted it's active tanked, which is something neuts will take care of easily enough
Blastcaps Madullier
Sedition.
#243 - 2012-06-09 04:47:57 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
^right behind ya with MWO, can't wait for my key.

sigh wish i'd gotten one of the last batch of 500 keys issued lol, be interesting seeing how many buy the founders pack :)
Blastcaps Madullier
Sedition.
#244 - 2012-06-09 04:50:11 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
^right behind ya with MWO, can't wait for my key.

My atlas will be the best atlas.

Is that the next game on the "ruin list" ?

Stop being such a bitter girl. Goons are in every game you have ever played.

screaming "LEEERROOOYYY JJJEENNKKIINSS!!!!!!!" ? :)
Boomhaur
#245 - 2012-06-09 05:40:56 UTC
Herr Hammer Draken wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:
My tengu is in VFK at the moment. I encourage anyone to come at me.

Somebody did not read the rules. Nobody is going to come afer you and it has nothing to do with being in Goonsville.
You will have to go to high sec if you want to be a target. Not very likely so quit the bravado. I think you are too chicken to go to high sec!

"I think you are too chicken to go to high sec!" In all my years of eve I have NEVER once heard those words uttered. Something must be wrong with pilots these days.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

Reina DeLaMuerte
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#246 - 2012-06-09 22:59:22 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:
We all know about ganking hulks, and it has had a mostly positive affect on EVE gameplay (only downside is it generating carebear entitlement posts in GD).

However, suicide gankers focusing on hulks has left out some pretty juicy loot pinatas.

The typical mission ship has minimal EHP for its class because it focuses on active tanking incoming damage. However, it doesn't matter if you can active tank when you're facing alpha.

Did you know that many tengu pilots have less than 15k EHP? These tengus cost upwards of 2, 3, even 5 billion isk in high value faction/deadspace mods.

Bearing in mind that hulkageddon is now infinite, I hereby announce a new competition.

The character who kills the most ISK in Carebear Marauders, Faction Battleships and Strategic Cruisers by June 25, 2012 EST will recieve a free PLEX from everyone's favorite forum warrior masternerdguy.

The competition will open on June 5, 2012 EST.
Read on for competition rules

1. All destroyed PVE ships must be destroyed in hi security space (0.5 sec status or higher)
  2. Vanilla EVE-Kill will be used to evaluate the market value of a ship at the end of the competition.
  3. To be considered, you must send an EVE-Mail of your successful gank to masternerdguy. Please include a killboard link using EVE-Kill in said mail.
  4. Only API verified kills will be counted, API verified by vanilla EVE-Kill.
  5. Only Marauder, Faction Battleship, and Strategic Cruiser kills will be counted in this competition.
  6. The guy you ganked cannot carry any warp disruptors or warp scramblers. If they carry one, they are not a hi sec PVE ship anymore****

NOTE: You don't need to suicide gank them, just kill them. Suicide ganks are nice but if you can do it without losing a ship all the better!

As an additional bonus the guy who loses the most expensive mission boat because of this competition will receive a free consolation prize.

Fly safe.

****If they have taken rat damage, and it is on their killmail, this rule can be ignored. Take that, mission farmers who know how to adapt!

I'll donate 1B to the prize pool as soon as I get home from work. One plex is just not sufficient.
Soon Shin
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody
#247 - 2012-06-09 23:22:50 UTC
Only one PLEX?

Comeback when you're a bit

RICHER!
drdxie
#248 - 2012-06-10 08:43:36 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

confirming Chribba subs my accounts from veldspar he mines for me Twisted
see easy.. anyone can do it...

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Skorpynekomimi
#249 - 2012-06-10 09:28:30 UTC
So, my T2 fit Mael is safe from all this?

Good. I can't be bothered upgrading to anything more expensive, and you're justifying that.

Economic PVP

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#250 - 2012-06-10 12:07:23 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

I saw a Nyx flying over Paris last night, and he send all his drone orbit around Eiffel tower, was pretty Lol

brb

John Caligan
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#251 - 2012-06-10 14:33:26 UTC
Remind me how mission runners are "Carebears" again? Last I saw, they still get shot at and loose their ships.
Salonmom
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#252 - 2012-06-10 15:04:43 UTC
masternerdguy wrote:

Yet he gives no direction to any such kill mails. Not even a go look at the killboards.

Proof?
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#253 - 2012-06-10 21:14:51 UTC
Boooop wrote:
nonames nofaces wrote:
All it takes is some decent probing skills and some time.

I don't think this will be very successful. It's just easier to kill an unaware hulk and you can do it with a week old character.

So what you're saying is... gankers are lazy and go for easy pickings? Cool

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

killroy v2
Catskull Horizons
Grimskulls
#254 - 2012-06-11 20:22:32 UTC
thank you for making us whers richerBig smile
Dirty Addict
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#255 - 2012-06-16 11:47:48 UTC
I see Huge flaws with not only this idea but every "geddon" wannabe.

S adly plan hasn't been thought through.
H ow will the reward's get anyone interested?
I don't think you have the abilities or contacts to pull this off
T o sum up, you need to think about it, save some isk/investors and get your corp/alliance interested before you hit the forums.

Sit down, play some music and eat before you try again. Like This
Thorn Galen
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
The Curatores Veritatis Auxiliary
#256 - 2012-06-16 11:52:32 UTC
Dirty Addict wrote:
I see Huge flaws with not only this idea but every "geddon" wannabe.

S adly plan hasn't been thought through.
H ow will the reward's get anyone interested?
I don't think you have the abilities or contacts to pull this off
T o sum up, you need to think about it, save some isk/investors and get your corp/alliance interested before you hit the forums.

Sit down, play some music and eat before you try again. Like This

Haha, well done with your 'sentence structure' Big smile
and, I agree.

Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#257 - 2012-06-16 13:32:55 UTC
Please forgive me for being obtuse but if you use eight or more Tornadoes to suicide gank a high-sec mission runner in a T2 or Faction Battleship, how do you then split a PLEX eight ways. Sell it and give everyone in the gang gank 60m ISK? I don't get it.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Stalafur
State War Academy
Caldari State
#258 - 2012-06-16 15:22:07 UTC
I'm waiting for people to begin crying when the tengu pilots who aren't botting actually fights back.
LtCommander Tarkin
Shadow Core Conglomerate
#259 - 2012-06-16 16:25:13 UTC
Oh man, all of you guys are so pro mlg at pvp.
Pink Marshmellow
Caucasian Culture Club
#260 - 2012-06-16 19:09:43 UTC
Only one plex? Geez hulkageddon had billions in prizes for ganking easier to kill expensive T2 exhumers.

But now you're asking for us to gank Battleships and T3 which take more ships to gank all for a measly chance to win only a single plex?

I don't care what those missioning ships drop, if you want to a start an event you gotta have the good prizes to make it really happen.

Make it 15 Plexes as the top prize at the very least along with more prizes for 2nd, 3rd, and runner ups. Then we can talk about having a real event.

A single plex is an insult go make some more money.