These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The "Bulk Trade" Mailing list [More than 1700 suscribers]

Author
Maeste Madeveda
The Spawning Pool
#61 - 2012-03-14 19:11:58 UTC
Many thanks sir.
W3370Pi4
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#62 - 2012-03-26 21:51:51 UTC  |  Edited by: W3370Pi4
Why bother with sell orders ?

1400 mails sent every 4 month

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#63 - 2012-03-31 21:50:36 UTC
Bump, for great justice!

Great service, plenty of activity on the list, with a minimal, but effective, ruleset.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Amseln deBrabant
Ochsenbruegger
#64 - 2012-04-13 16:04:29 UTC
great serv ice use it much!
Barakach
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#65 - 2012-04-13 16:18:05 UTC
Bad first: Quite a few of the items I have been seeing are barely below the regional averages when the item is coming down off a 2-3month high which was originally caused by a HUGE spike.

Several of the few items I did purchase were more stable in price and volume, yet when I purchased them, suddenly the entire market was flooded and the prices dropped after a 6+ month stable period. They'll eventually sell once the market stabilizes from the sudden dump, not to mention mineral prices going sky high. The good side of this is I'm buying up some extra while the prices are low.

Meh, free market

The Good: I have seen many more items listed that were quite good deals and getting bulk is really nice for traders who want to play the averages. Nothing more annoying that placing a buy order and getting it partially filled and having to place several sell orders for the same item. I would rather have one large sell order.

Overall: Great service
Pantheon Lea
Farmer Boyz
#66 - 2012-04-14 10:21:15 UTC
My thoughts:

The plus: This is the largest list, a place that cant be ignored.

The basic: It's just a mailing list, when issues arise, the place is floating nonsense, no moderation, just afterwards banning.

The bad: It's regulated beyond official rules, you may not **** others off with your offers, if your price is to high, you get banned, if your therms are to bad, you risk banning or chaos, if someone manipulates the market afterwards, you risk getting banned.

I use the list to purchase, because of the above i sell my stuff somewhere else.

My wishes would be that the list rules did not regulate the content of the offers, but only the usage of the list, i'm sure professional traders can separate the good deals from the bad.

My problem is that i trade in bulk, so if i have 25.000 rifters in stock, they will be sold for a premium price compared to the market, simply because the market do not supply more than a few thousand rifters...

However i don't expect the traders to purchase them, but someone might actually need them for other reasons than to resell them...

Bulk Trade, don't forget the Bulk in the name....
W3370Pi4
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#67 - 2012-04-30 21:03:23 UTC
Get up to speed 500 mails per month

miss eve2006
The New Eden School of trade
Organization of Skill Extracting Corporations
#68 - 2012-05-26 12:19:44 UTC
Can anyone tell me why i got banned from the list?, seems i followed every rule on the wiki page.
icy ghost
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2012-05-26 17:23:47 UTC
miss eve2006 wrote:
Can anyone tell me why i got banned from the list?, seems i followed every rule on the wiki page.

i got banned as well not sure why either, maybe should mail the people who get banned why.
W3370Pi4
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#70 - 2012-05-28 15:06:10 UTC
i answered to your mails both

samuel09
Kindred Inc.
#71 - 2012-05-28 18:17:21 UTC
Just got banned :( not sure why
W3370Pi4
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#72 - 2012-05-28 21:13:11 UTC
samuel09 wrote:
Just got banned :( not sure why

i answered your mail not even 6 minutes after you sent it ..............

samuel09
Kindred Inc.
#73 - 2012-05-28 21:37:45 UTC
lol 50mil unbanning fee pass

"Regardless of quantity you must offer a bulk buyout price for your items to give the opportunity to buy your whole stock. "
Mike'P
Kansas City Industrial
#74 - 2012-06-09 23:32:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Mike'P
Hi guys,

Amusingly, I got banned here as well. I relay this information only to inform other casual players.

I'd not previously paid much attention to this list as already working in the Legit Trade channel, I thought 'bulk' was to do with very large quantities of stuff and I wasn't in that league.

But when I read that 'bulk' was 5+, well I had a couple of station cans of BPCs that met the criteria. So I joined up, lurked on the list for a few days to see the form, and then followed with a couple of posts putting my unloved BPCs out there. One got a lot of interest, the other got zip.

Then today, finding out I wasn't in the club anymore, my fee for finding out why I got banned is apparently 75m - so obviously something in my two messages was veeeery verrrry bad.

Full marks to W3370Pi4 fpr policing, but zero marks for communication. Fortunately for me, I actually can quite happily not ever use this list again.

"if you pay the fine i will tell you why you were banned"

Sorry mate, not interested.

Here's my two mails: I only include the info in case anyone else thinks they might send similar missives into the Bulk Trade universe and get similar dismissive bannage. I can only assume my crime was either not mentioning location or not offering a 'per unit' price for the coercer BPCs in message number 2, but none of the responses to my first message asked me about per-unit pricing because - DOH - it''s the BULK TRADE mailing list.....

It's a funny old Eve-i-verse.

WTS; Buzzard BPC x 15
Sent: 2012.06.01 14:37
To: Bulk Trade,

1 Run, ME -4 PE -4 Buzzard Blueprints

Pricing:

< 5 - 5m ISK each
5 - 10 - 4.7m ISK each
10 - 15 - 4.5m ISK each

Thanks for your attention!

Mike'P

WTS: Coercer BPC x 12 ME50 PE20
Sent: 2012.06.03 17:08
To: Bulk Trade,

As it says in the title,

11 mill the lot
Drachiel
Mercury LLC
#75 - 2012-06-12 15:40:58 UTC
I too can speak to the above.

I was banned despite following all rules and the mailing list owner refused to point out any specific violation.

He even (LMAO) claimed that it isn't "My responsibility to know what rule you violated." Umm. Doesn't he do the banning? Isn't that part of the job? After pointing that out he hiked my unbanning fee to 75 mil. He's cashing in people. He's banning for nothing and then extorting cash to keep using the list. Very EVE-like, but annoying. I propose that we the community create an alternative bulk trade mailing list with simpler rules and less corrupt administration. At the very least though this list IS very, very useful for builders and sellers. I personally will be devoting one of my character slots to recycling alts through his list in order to keep selling. The extra income from speedy bulk sales is worth a character slot to me.

Know that no amount of attention you pay to the rules will save you from a ban. Once you post a few big sell or buy orders you are viewed as a "cow," and he will ban you then try to get his 50+ mil. To this day he refuses both my and others' requests to get specific reasons for bans. If you do use this list for serious business be aware that you should devote a character slot to biomass cycle characters for it.

10/10 usefulness, -2/10 administration.
W3370Pi4
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#76 - 2012-06-13 14:44:38 UTC  |  Edited by: W3370Pi4
rabble rabble rabble " out of context quoting" ect ect http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1336006271747_5813683.png

i will put this here for future ****ups and other zombie retards wandering about

"when joining the mailing list you will receive a welcoming mail containing an explicit list of rules : by using the mailing list in anyway you accept to abide by these rules by default. "

the fine rules have been there for a while never enforced them but i found that its the only way to make people actually read the rules

so yeah i don't really care if you don't like my "pay up or stay out " administrating scheme because it is very effective and is really helping to keep a standard on the mailing list because words gets out and people know how to behave.

" it isn't my responsibility to know why you were banned" is just a poor choice of words from me ( i apologize for that ) i do know why you were banned what i should have said and will say in the future is " i will only tell you if you pay up"
because by doing this is I achieve the following
1st you read the rules if you don't pay up because even if you have an army of alts it's annoying to get banned
2nd you read the rules if you pay up as well because giving me free isk hurts in some kind of way around your lower area on your body you know the "sensible bits" and i know it.

some people do read the rules and i have to make sure i make it worth it for them ( and for me )
most people have been on this mailing list for quite a while and have never heard of me you know why because when i look at their mails i have nothing to say.

i have worked hard to make this mailing list what it is today if you are not happy in anyway please i beg you check my lovely Ecard at the beginning of this post

Regards

Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#77 - 2012-06-13 15:14:31 UTC
is selling empire LP allowed?

I should buy an Ishtar.

W3370Pi4
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#78 - 2012-06-13 19:40:33 UTC
unfortunately no however selling faction items in quantities greater or equal to 5 units is allowed

Drachiel
Mercury LLC
#79 - 2012-06-14 01:50:22 UTC
W3370Pi4 wrote:

so yeah i don't really care if you don't like my "pay up or stay out " administrating scheme because it is very effective and is really helping to keep a standard on the mailing list because words gets out and people know how to behave.

Very effective I'm sure. It must be easy and reliable profit.

W3370Pi4 wrote:

" it isn't my responsibility to know why you were banned" is just a poor choice of words from me ( i apologize for that ) i do know why you were banned what i should have said and will say in the future is " i will only tell you if you pay up"

Saving face in the thread. After that you sent me a CC'ed mail that had like 6 other people on it or something? It didn't even have anything to do with one of my mails (which I double checked against the wiki page -- no violations). I'd been sending mails for months before, some of which were slightly less correct than the one I was banned for (but still more correct than the average mail).
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#80 - 2012-06-14 05:55:25 UTC
W3370Pi4 wrote:
unfortunately no however selling faction items in quantities greater or equal to 5 units is allowed

how about "WTS any implant from corp X LP store up to Y total LP cost, min stack size 5" ?

I should buy an Ishtar.