These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Eve Voice

Author
Spy 21
Infidelia Black
#1 - 2012-06-09 19:59:37 UTC
Wasn't there at one time a setting on Eve Voice to make it sound like 'bad radio' ?
Such that if sounded like you were really talking over a combat radio instead of the true to life telephone voice we get on TS or Vent...

I tried the distorted voices but am not sure if it was because I trying to do both clients on the same computer or that one of the clients kept saying back what I had said, but... it was pretty much impossible to understand.

Anyways... if there never was such a thing there should be. Very immersion like, to me, to have voice comms sounding like real space radio. Makes the fleet thing seem a bit more realistic...

Does anyone else even remotely care about this?

Thanks...

PS excuse the OFF-TOPIC post... I know that we are only supposed to post here if it's about miners, carebears, goons, high sec, ganking or player to player hatred in general...

S

Obfuscation for the WIN on page 3...

Patient 2428190
DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
#2 - 2012-06-09 20:01:23 UTC
Fly with somebody who using their laptop's built in microphone. Without using headphones.

All the "gritty space radio" you'll ever need.
Spy 21
Infidelia Black
#3 - 2012-06-09 20:04:55 UTC
Patient 2428190 wrote:
Fly with somebody who using their laptop's built in microphone. Without using headphones.

The dog barking in the background sort of breaks the immersion for me Lol

Obfuscation for the WIN on page 3...

Disregard That
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-06-09 20:06:19 UTC
Spy 21 wrote:
Patient 2428190 wrote:

Tell that to Captain Jonathan Archer!

Porthos would not approve.
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#5 - 2012-06-09 20:35:44 UTC
Patient 2428190 wrote:

I did this once. My laptops mic carried all casing vibration, so when my HD spun up it sounded like I had a whale in my room.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Nyreanya
Serenity Labs
#6 - 2012-06-09 22:20:55 UTC
Spy 21 wrote:
Very immersion like, to me, to have voice comms sounding like real space radio. Makes the fleet thing seem a bit more realistic...
Tell me, how does real space radio sound? I'd have thought that with faster-than-light travel/communication and supercomputers, bandwidth would be irrelevant, and they could transmit in as high quality as they wished.

[/sarcasm]

Disregard That
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-06-09 23:18:40 UTC
Nyreanya wrote:
Spy 21 wrote:
Very immersion like, to me, to have voice comms sounding like real space radio. Makes the fleet thing seem a bit more realistic...
Tell me, how does real space radio sound? I'd have thought that with faster-than-light travel/communication and supercomputers, bandwidth would be irrelevant, and they could transmit in as high quality as they wished.

It sounds quite muffled and a little sloshy because you're hearing it through amniotic fluid.
ACE McFACE
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#8 - 2012-06-10 00:07:17 UTC
Spy 21 wrote:
Patient 2428190 wrote:

Sapce dogs out for a space walk!

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#9 - 2012-06-10 00:28:56 UTC
Align Planet 4 BARK BARK Warp Warp BARK If you warped youre dead BARK BARK BARK Okay warp now BARK BARK BARK BARK Okay sit on gate guys BARK BARK Jump Jump BARK No not you guys I'm talking in Transformice BARK ****
Disregard That
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2012-06-10 00:30:02 UTC
Akirei Scytale wrote:
Align Planet 4 BARK BARK Warp Warp BARK If you warped youre dead BARK BARK BARK Okay warp now BARK BARK BARK BARK Okay sit on gate guys BARK BARK Jump Jump BARK No not you guys I'm talking in Transformice BARK ****

You have to stay here, Porthos. I've got a ship to fly and a Beagle's bark is such a distraction!
Makkal Hanaya
Revenent Defence Corperation
#11 - 2012-06-10 00:41:04 UTC
Nyreanya wrote:
Spy 21 wrote:
Tell me, how does real space radio sound?

One small step for man.

Quote:
I'd have thought that with faster-than-light travel/communication and supercomputers, bandwidth would be irrelevant, and they could transmit in as high quality as they wished.

He's not asking for EVE space radio but real world space radio.

Render unto Khanid the things which are Khanid's; and unto God the things that are God's.

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-06-10 01:00:43 UTC
Makkal Hanaya wrote:
Nyreanya wrote:
Spy 21 wrote:
Tell me, how does real space radio sound?

One small step for man.

Quote:
I'd have thought that with faster-than-light travel/communication and supercomputers, bandwidth would be irrelevant, and they could transmit in as high quality as they wished.

He's not asking for EVE space radio but real world space radio.

EVE voice does need a NASA-eque "meep" when someone initiates push to talk.

Things are only impossible until they are not.