These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Safety for miners in/around JITA

Author
Toroup
Prometheus Deep Core Mining and Salvage
#1 - 2012-06-08 21:07:26 UTC
Hey guys - just a general question - what is the current state of Jita and systems around it.

Just as some background, I play mostly solo and enjoying ATK mining (sick I know). I mostly play the market and run a "pick up and move to the profit" mining company.

Currently I'm in Everyshore and it's backwaters enough that I don't usually have to worry about attacks. Looking at the price differences between Everyshore and Jita as well as the supply/demand/profit that Pyroxeres seems to be steaming towards, I was thinking about making a move to a system say 4 -5 jumps out of Jita and then transporting in.

I haven't spent much time in the area and just wanted to see if anyone had a feel for the level of miner/transporter hatred. I know that you shouldn't fly anything that you aren't prepared to lose but I would prefer not to have to go through the hassle of replacing everything - the 4 - 6% profit difference may not be worth it.
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-06-08 22:03:20 UTC
Perfectly safe, don't worry about it

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Emaleena Rogers
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-06-08 22:28:54 UTC
Surfin's PlunderBunny wrote:
Perfectly safe, don't worry about it

Totally legit. Blink

Let's get to bashing Butts, as well as deeeez nutts.

Culmen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-06-08 23:07:24 UTC
No belts in jita.

There is a fine line between a post and a signature.

Joseph Yee
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-06-08 23:16:03 UTC
Culmen wrote:
No belts in jita.

He did say a few hopes out of Jita. :)

Yeah are you too far to just haul to the good sales areas?
Toroup
Prometheus Deep Core Mining and Salvage
#6 - 2012-06-08 23:48:28 UTC
Joseph Yee wrote:
Culmen wrote:
No belts in jita.

He did say a few hopes out of Jita. :)

Yeah are you too far to just haul to the good sales areas?

Being a one man show (yes yes mmo, multiplayer, get to know people...blah blah blah). Anything that I can do to increase profits helps.

I'm like a corp in a can - find the best contract, jump the whole organization there and fill it quickly. Everyshore is a good 16 jumps from Jita plus no Py in Gall space - that why I was thinking about the move.

So yeah, I was thinking about drilling about 5 jumps out and then transporting in. Risk is attack while mining (I'm ok with) and attack while transporting. The risks are always there just trying to gage if the profit is worth the increase in risk.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#7 - 2012-06-09 01:58:45 UTC
Just tank your ships rather than aiming for maximum yield, and keep your eyes on the D-scan.

Ganks are still happening: I witnessed a half dozen in an hour where I was mining yesterday. The ganker was downright polite and chatted to people in local (I still have him set to poor standings, though). Keep your eyes out for ships that don't belong: the bantam that isn't mining, etc.

And remember that it's not paranoia if they actually are out to get you :)