These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Thank you, Hilmar...

Author
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2011-10-05 19:31:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Please, let him know.

Thanks.

:)
Kilrayn
Caldari Provisions
#2 - 2011-10-05 19:43:28 UTC
I think most will save their thanks until things materialize in-game. I personally thought highly of both the new blogs, and am quite excited to see this winter's xpac.

"Music is a mysterious thing. Sometimes it makes people remember things they do not expect. Many thoughts, feelings, memories... things almost forgotten... Regardless of whether the listener desires to remember or not." - Citan Uzuki, Xenogears

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-10-05 19:45:23 UTC
To even publish what he did, in the tone it's in, is a big step forward for him, professionally, and hopefully personally. If he can remember these words in the months and years to come, I think this could be the single biggest turning point in Eve's direction.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2011-10-05 21:41:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Feligast wrote:
... this could be the single biggest turning point in Eve's direction.


I really believe that we need to show him that we positively care about his words,
because if we don't, it's all useless anyway.

Also, i'm really REALLY sure that he's honest,
because he ******* knows that if he betrays us, (what i don't believe he does) ...
... he's done for good.

He's a feeling human being, in the end ... and deserves a chance and the knowledge,
that we forgive him his mistakes.

(omg, my words sound so ... so ... *shakes*)

:)
Cedar Locus
Fleet 2 die
#5 - 2011-10-05 21:44:46 UTC
free SP first then we talk
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-10-05 21:45:46 UTC
Cedar Locus wrote:
free SP first then we talk


Ban this idiot.
Marcus Wilde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-10-05 21:46:48 UTC
Yeah I'm pretty happy with the blogs too, the game was going down the crapper and the players made CCP situp and take notice before it was too late. We Win Eve Lol

Tears + Bucket = Win

Large Collidable Object
morons.
#8 - 2011-10-05 21:47:47 UTC
The principle & which is quite true in itself & that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility, because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily.

HAIL HIMLAR!
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Sexy Moped
Polaris Nebulae
#9 - 2011-10-05 21:48:23 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Cedar Locus wrote:
free SP first then we talk


Ban this idiot.


Free SP.... then ban.

www.shoppingdealsdirectory.co.uk

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-10-05 21:50:04 UTC
Marcus Wilde wrote:
Yeah I'm pretty happy with the blogs too, the game was going down the crapper and the players made CCP situp and take notice before it was too late. We Win Eve Lol


I count that as "thank you". ^^ (correct me, if i'm wrong :)

And yeah... Victory \o/ :D

It really feels good that we - together - made him reflect and realize about himself. :)
(if that makes sense in english ...)
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-10-05 21:51:45 UTC
Sexy Moped wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:
Cedar Locus wrote:
free SP first then we talk


Ban this idiot.


Free SP.... then ban.


*lol*

I really can not acknowledge this,
because demanding something feels pretty egoistic and like
"i don't really care about the greater good, i only care about myself".
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-10-05 21:59:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Large Collidable Object wrote:
The principle & which is quite true in itself & that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility, because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily.

HAIL HIMLAR!


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie


I know ... but still.

First: he's not Hitler.
Second: if he betrays us, EvE is done.

Edit:

The name of the guy from Austria ... is a censored word. okay... ^^

Which reminds me of the stories two guys told me,
totally independent from one another ...

They were both driving in a taxi in a foreign country
and the taxi driver was asking where they were coming from ...
... and they responded "Austria!" ...

... and both taxi drivers, totally independent from another, both responded ...

Aaaahhh (like: ah i recall), Hitler !
Nak hak
#13 - 2011-10-05 22:12:47 UTC
My thanks was when I re-subscribed last year. Let us see about this year.

It's about freedom.

Best Regards, Nak hak

Barbelo Valentinian
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#14 - 2011-10-06 13:20:03 UTC
Thank you Hilmar, for (potentially and hopefully) pulling the game I love out of a tailspin down the toilet.

And thank you for having the balls to admit you were wrong. That's the real Viking bravery right there Big smile

Long live EVE!!!
Maven Deltor
Bad Sekta
#15 - 2011-10-06 13:58:19 UTC
I will let the investors thank him, and I'll show my gratitude by continuing to subscribe. You should understand, he didn't do it for us the players. He did it because it was the best choice for the company which employs him. I'm not even sure how much HE did, and how much he was prodded. Think about this part a little bit...

"In the last months, we’ve taken a hard look at everything, including my leadership. What I can say for now is that we’ve taken action to ensure these mistakes are never repeated. We have reexamined our processes, hired experienced industry professionals for key leadership positions, reassessed our priorities, moved personnel around and, above all else, recognized our limitations."
Xtoveruss
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2011-10-06 14:07:10 UTC
like he said in the blog, the yrly increase subscriber was something they didnt saw anymore, in other worlds, alot of ppl were leaving

i have seen -5000 active logged in subscribers on all times, have u? they have to do something..
Jasmin Sto
Hilmars Apology
#17 - 2011-10-06 14:13:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Jasmin Sto
Solstice Project wrote:

Edit:

The name of the guy from Austria ... is a censored word. okay... ^^

Which reminds me of the stories two guys told me,
totally independent from one another ...

They were both driving in a taxi in a foreign country
and the taxi driver was asking where they were coming from ...
... and they responded "Austria!" ...

... and both taxi drivers, totally independent from another, both responded ...

Aaaahhh (like: ah i recall), ****** !


I am from Austria, and though that had happened to me I have to say, that far more often people (especially in the states) respond like this:

Ohhh I love your kangaroohs and koala bears ....
Veronica Kerrigan
Hand Of Midas
My Other Laboratory is a Distillery
#18 - 2011-10-06 14:56:13 UTC
Solstice Project wrote:
Feligast wrote:
... this could be the single biggest turning point in Eve's direction.


I really believe that we need to show him that we positively care about his words,
because if we don't, it's all useless anyway.

Also, i'm really REALLY sure that he's honest,
because he ******* knows that if he betrays us, (what i don't believe he does) ...
... he's done for good.

He's a feeling human being, in the end ... and deserves a chance and the knowledge,
that we forgive him his mistakes.

(omg, my words sound so ... so ... *shakes*)

:)


This is one of the nicest things I've seen about a CCP employee in the last 2 months. Well on you sir.
Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2011-10-06 20:59:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Jasmin Sto wrote:
Solstice Project wrote:

Edit:

The name of the guy from Austria ... is a censored word. okay... ^^

Which reminds me of the stories two guys told me,
totally independent from one another ...

They were both driving in a taxi in a foreign country
and the taxi driver was asking where they were coming from ...
... and they responded "Austria!" ...

... and both taxi drivers, totally independent from another, both responded ...

Aaaahhh (like: ah i recall), ****** !


I am from Austria, and though that had happened to me I have to say, that far more often people (especially in the states) respond like this:

Ohhh I love your kangaroohs and koala bears ....



*LOL* oh my ..........


Greetings from Vienna. :)


Veronica Kerrigan wrote:
This is one of the nicest things I've seen about a CCP employee in the last 2 months. Well on you sir.


Thank you. :)
Astrid Stjerna
Sebiestor Tribe
#20 - 2011-10-06 21:20:49 UTC
I also wish to extend my thanks to Hilmar for his upfront and very heartfelt apology.

When I first came to EVE Online, I was impressed by the quality of the experience and the obvious dedication you showed, and continue to show, to your product.

While some other MMO operators (which, to avoid 'calling them out', I won't name here) would take the low road and either not respond to player concerns or offer a half-hearted 'oops' that doesn't really fix anything, CCP has proven that they want EVE Online to be different. The employees, up to and including the CEO, obviously consider themselves accountable to the players, and have consistently shown their willingness to step up and take responsibility for their mistakes and missteps.

Thank you for your honesty, your integrity, and your forthright and direct communication.

Welcome back into the hearts of your players. Thank you for doing so much to restore the confidence we all share in EVE Online, and CCP.

See you in teh Internet Spaceshipz!

Astrid Stjerna.

I can't get rid of my darn signature!  Oh, wait....

12Next page