These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Alt Agro Question

Author
ZzeusS
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-06-07 13:01:16 UTC
Coming back to the game after a bit of a hiatus.

Resubscribed an alt as well.

We're both in different NPC corps. When I have her pick up jet can loot from me, she gains the aggression timer, even though she's in my fleet. Which means anyone can zap her, even though station docking seems to work OK.

What's the best way around this? Join both accounts to the same NPC corp? Form a new corp and put everyone in it?

Standings settings seem to not matter.

Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#2 - 2012-06-07 13:04:58 UTC
Only you can shoot her no one else. Mutual standings at +10 should work.
You can also abandon the container before picking it up.
Easiest is just to join into a corp (also no more taxes !) but then you are vulnerable to wardec ofc.
ZzeusS
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-06-07 13:09:39 UTC
It's been a really long time. Forgot how all this worked.

I have both Contacts on each account set fully to Blue, so I'm not sure if that's +10 or not.

Yes.. I think the starter corps have something like 10% tax. Probably no good reason to not start my own or join someone. Wanted to solo around a bit to get the feel for it again. Been playing around with probes and wormholes etc, so that's cool.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'thari
#4 - 2012-06-07 13:12:06 UTC
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Mutual standings at +10 should work.

Think I saw something in patchnotes about "+10" standings no longer giving you right to loot from cans... can't be bothered to search tho.

Disclaimer:

Every single character used in this post is a work of fiction. Any similarities with real-world alphabet, or - god forbid - language is purely unintnetional!

Velicitia
XS Tech
#5 - 2012-06-07 13:46:21 UTC
get in the same fleet before you jet the can. Should kill off the timer.

then again, NPC corps are weird...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#6 - 2012-06-07 13:54:49 UTC
I'thari wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Mutual standings at +10 should work.

Think I saw something in patchnotes about "+10" standings no longer giving you right to loot from cans... can't be bothered to search tho.


Oh yes, you are correct, standings no longer work for this. Bizarre change tbh.
I'thari
#7 - 2012-06-07 17:16:07 UTC  |  Edited by: I'thari
Louis deGuerre wrote:
I'thari wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Mutual standings at +10 should work.

Think I saw something in patchnotes about "+10" standings no longer giving you right to loot from cans... can't be bothered to search tho.


Oh yes, you are correct, standings no longer work for this. Bizarre change tbh.

Not quite: bizarre change was removing standing diversity in the first place, making this limited choice less meaningful is quite logical change. One might want his "friends" and "allies" having different color tag in overview, but hardly anyone would want to trust all "allies" with his junk.

CCP should really consider making something like "allow this dude to take from my containers" checkbox.

Disclaimer:

Every single character used in this post is a work of fiction. Any similarities with real-world alphabet, or - god forbid - language is purely unintnetional!

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#8 - 2012-06-07 17:23:09 UTC
I'thari wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
I'thari wrote:
Louis deGuerre wrote:
Mutual standings at +10 should work.

Think I saw something in patchnotes about "+10" standings no longer giving you right to loot from cans... can't be bothered to search tho.


Oh yes, you are correct, standings no longer work for this. Bizarre change tbh.

Not quite: bizarre change was removing standing diversity in the first place, making this limited choice less meaningful is quite logical change. One might want his "friends" and "allies" having different color tag in overview, but hardly anyone would want to trust all "allies" with his junk.

CCP should really consider making something like "allow this dude to take from my containers" checkbox.


Wasn't that already possible.

with the difference in +5 and +10 as well as putting alliance icon above the +5 and +10 in your overview setttings.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

I'thari
#9 - 2012-06-07 17:33:22 UTC  |  Edited by: I'thari
J'Poll wrote:
Wasn't that already possible.

with the difference in +5 and +10 as well as putting alliance icon above the +5 and +10 in your overview setttings.

Umm... I was saying that you might want to differentiate "+5s" and "+10s" (having both light-blue and dark-blue icons for your "firends" - depending on your opinion of them), but not necessarily want to allow all "+10s" to take from your cans freely. Before you could simply set something from 5.1 to 9.9 to have dark-blue icon, now it's either 5 or 10... at least for personal standings.

Disclaimer:

Every single character used in this post is a work of fiction. Any similarities with real-world alphabet, or - god forbid - language is purely unintnetional!