These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's with all this new mention of "Incursion Communities"?

Author
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#61 - 2012-06-07 01:04:23 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
[qoute]You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour...

or i could mission and make the same, minus travel time and looking for group time.

or do industry

or trade

or plex.

The fact that you can't look past the specific amount that you were making on the very broken Vanguard sites and see the rest of them as "pointless" by admission only highlights the reason why they were adjusted.

Your "community" wasn't Incursions, it was specifically surrounding the broken ISK/hr of the Vanguards. Now they are gone, the idea of spending time with these people is unappealing and you go back to missions, trade or other solo activities.

Thanks for proving my point?

A shared love of isk/hour

I've been in those channels when they've had a "nightmare fleet vs machariel fleet" argument, which usually results in lots of wallet screenshots and epeen swinging, along with theorycrafted nonsense built on a complete misunderstanding of the tracking formula.

I mean, sure ... that's a community of sorts, right? What?

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#62 - 2012-06-07 01:06:28 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
[qoute]You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour...

or i could mission and make the same, minus travel time and looking for group time.

or do industry

or trade

or plex.

The fact that you can't look past the specific amount that you were making on the very broken Vanguard sites and see the rest of them as "pointless" by admission only highlights the reason why they were adjusted.

Your "community" wasn't Incursions, it was specifically surrounding the broken ISK/hr of the Vanguards. Now they are gone, the idea of spending time with these people is unappealing and you go back to missions, trade or other solo activities.

A shared love of isk/hour

I've been in those channels when they've had a "nightmare fleet vs machariel fleet" argument, which usually results in lots of wallet screenshots and epeen swinging, along with theorycrafted nonsense built on a complete misunderstanding of the tracking formula.

You've seen the amazing crafting of ganking catalysts then...

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-06-07 01:18:27 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
after time has passed and memory faded a bit, players who loved their broken isk printer are trying to revise history by adding a chapter of an 'incursion community'

Does your alliance control any high end moons?

detorid is the land of milk and honey, ask anyone

That a yes or no?
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#64 - 2012-06-07 01:26:52 UTC
TheBreadMuncher wrote:
elitist free-for-all carebears pushing each other back down the stairs in order to be the person at the top with the biggest bucket while it rained ISK. Not got a blingfit officer navy mega for the Incursion? Sorry, pally, you're not allowed in.

Sounds like a community to me.

In fact it sounds like most Western countries. Every tried to get into the "Land of the Free" lately?
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#65 - 2012-06-07 02:06:12 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
after time has passed and memory faded a bit, players who loved their broken isk printer are trying to revise history by adding a chapter of an 'incursion community'

That a yes or no?

they're poor as **** and you're comparing incursions to moons (probably because you couldn't cut it in nullsec and moved to hisec????)

please unplug your modem and never post anywhere again

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#66 - 2012-06-07 02:45:49 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

That a yes or no?

they're poor as **** and you're comparing incursions to moons (probably because you couldn't cut it in nullsec and moved to hisec????)

please unplug your modem and never post anywhere again

I love how you are constantly contradicting yourself all over the place. Blink
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#67 - 2012-06-07 02:58:47 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

i see no contradictions in that post, sorry

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#68 - 2012-06-07 03:06:23 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

I love how you can't spot a contradiction.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#69 - 2012-06-07 03:12:24 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:

I have been in fleets where the decision to gank or not gank is based on return on investment. So obviously the PVP "community" is a fabrication, since reducing ISK/hr causes that community to dissolve.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#70 - 2012-06-07 05:55:36 UTC
Community means something entirely different in EVE than it does in Webster's fine publication.

In the EVE-O forums when a guy wants to whine about something, but make it seem more important than it is, he tries to validate his argument by claiming he's a part of a community that agrees with him completely. His 'community' may , in fact, be anything from him and his boyfriend to a complete fabrication.

Just type community into search and check out all the interesting people that post claiming they speak for for the entire EVE player base, swearing they're all on the same page.

Pretty funny stuff.

Mr Epeen Cool
BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#71 - 2012-06-07 06:08:22 UTC
Ban Bindy wrote:
Your view of any community that arose while doing incursions does not in any way define the communities. You choose to characterize them negatively in your oh-so-clear-what-your-agenda-is post. You're not asking a question about whether a community was formed, you're finding a "clever" way of expressing an opinion that is far from new or fresh on these forums. All ways of making isk in high sec are evil, according to the forum warriors on your side of the argument. Nothing new here.

CCP has a bad habit of creating excitement about something like incursions, then changing them so drastically that the people who do them have to find something else to do. The ramping down of null sec systems in terms of sites from a couple years back comes to mind. The constant tweaking of the game is irritating but arguably necessary.

People like OP, of course, are threatened when anybody enjoys the game of Eve differently than they do.

I wish I could click on the 'like' button mutlitple times for this one...

I do know what they are speaking of when they talk about the communities.... too bad you have chosen not to even try to walk in someone else's shoes and instead spout off about 'elitist carebears' .. that one made me LMAO

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Hanuman Li Tosh
Nullbear Protection Act of 2019
#72 - 2012-06-07 06:54:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Hanuman Li Tosh
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Sarton Wells wrote:
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
The fact that you think that you think the nerf was 10% illustrates your ignorance brilliantly.

How much was it? On average how much isk/hr are you making now compared to before the nerf?

The isk/hour in VGs was nerfed heavily, assaults and HQs are pretty good money now though and still much better than missions.

You can still make half decent ISK in VGs with a very good fleet, but it is nothing compared to pre-nerf. The problem is these high sec people won't be happy until they have the highest income in the game again.

They never had it, ever. Not for a microsecond. Not even a little bit ******* close.

Quote:

That's why I'm hanging out with them making 0 isk. To prove a bunch of forum trolls wrong.
Hanuman Li Tosh
Nullbear Protection Act of 2019
#73 - 2012-06-07 07:00:19 UTC
Large Collidable Object wrote:
The Incursion 'community' obviously consisted of people who thought that 'teaming up for missions' should have heavily increased rewards just for teaming up with all the other disgusting asshats.

Now that Incursions require an actual community to reap the benefits, they're all back to l4s.

Can't blame them, really.

I love watching CCP go bankrupt and knowing you helped.

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#74 - 2012-06-07 07:03:37 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:

i see no contradictions in that post, sorry

Talking about previous posts on previous days. I should have specified.

Anyways, continue telling the rest of the player base about how they are playing in the sandbox wrong. Big smile
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#75 - 2012-06-07 07:05:57 UTC
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Sarton Wells wrote:
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
The fact that you think that you think the nerf was 10% illustrates your ignorance brilliantly.

How much was it? On average how much isk/hr are you making now compared to before the nerf?

The isk/hour in VGs was nerfed heavily, assaults and HQs are pretty good money now though and still much better than missions.

You can still make half decent ISK in VGs with a very good fleet, but it is nothing compared to pre-nerf. The problem is these high sec people won't be happy until they have the highest income in the game again.

They never had it, ever. Not for a microsecond. Not even a little bit ******* close.

You could pre-nerf technically make more isk/hour doing exploration in null, or running wh sites, but once you account for time scanning and the number of characters required to invest incursions were actually more efficient.

For example raiding whs, it might take you an hour or more to find a c3. Then if you want to make as much as a solo incursion runner you'd have to have a relatively well fitted t3 and a salvaging alt. Alternatively you could run incursions, be in a fleet in a few minutes and just use your alt in the same fleet to double your isk/hour.

Similarly in exploration, it is not something that can really be done casually. It can take hours just to find a valuable site, and in some regions some of the sites require a minimum of three PvE characters to clear. The blood 10/10 was "just" possible with two, but then I had a 3b ISK passive loki tanking it, and I still had to kill the webbing towers asap or it would die.

And this is completely ignoring time wasted when people try and kill you, something that was rare in incursions even before you cried and forced CCP to change aggression mechanics.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2012-06-07 07:10:43 UTC
OP was soooooo successful.

Hello, hello again.

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#77 - 2012-06-07 07:14:16 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
And this is completely ignoring time wasted when people try and kill you, something that was rare in incursions even before you cried and forced CCP to change aggression mechanics.

Um what? Rare?! Going to have to call bullshit on that. I was eyeballs deep in Incursions for two weeks straight when it was released. People were being killed left and right. I even did some of the killing myself. The aggression mechanic blew open the door to exploit the crap out of it. So for you to say it was rare is extremely inaccurate.

Damn I made some fat ass lewts doing that thinking about it. Pirate Still, it was a terrible mechanic that was fixed. I even agreed it needed to be fixed.

Perhaps I should have just thought about what was best for me and argued against the change? Ugh
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#78 - 2012-06-07 07:34:04 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

Um what? Rare?! Going to have to call bullshit on that. I was eyeballs deep in Incursions for two weeks straight when it was released. People were being killed left and right. I even did some of the killing myself. The aggression mechanic blew open the door to exploit the crap out of it. So for you to say it was rare is extremely inaccurate.

Damn I made some fat ass lewts doing that thinking about it. Pirate Still, it was a terrible mechanic that was fixed. I even agreed it needed to be fixed.

Perhaps I should have just thought about what was best for me and argued against the change? Ugh

I wasn't particularly against the change, I just never really saw many people die as a result of it.

There was the odd logi that died, and skunkworks made a pretty good go of attacking BS with it, but personally the amount of ship destruction I actually saw first hand was not as great as it was made out to be. I did run in private fleets though, and wasn't Xing up in BTL with officer marauder fits.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#79 - 2012-06-07 08:35:36 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

I have been in fleets where the decision to gank or not gank is based on return on investment. So obviously the PVP "community" is a fabrication, since reducing ISK/hr causes that community to dissolve.

As is per the course with you, you've made a barely related nonsense post based on a complete misunderstanding of everything involved.
Explain to me how the group of players performing this theoretical gank suddenly lose cohesion if a target isn't valuable enough? You realise we just take the same guys and shoot some other poor sap, right? One gank not performed is not a broken community.

The utterly fantastic thing about this thread is I don't even need to prove my point. They're willingly coming in here on their own and telling us all how they no longer fly together and have gone off to do other solo activities. That is not a community. They're not adapting, or doing other things together, they're gone.

Any "community" survives the nerfing of a single gameplay element without breaking up and going out on the wind.
Example: the community of incursion bear griefers stayed together after CCP procedurally nerfed the ability to grief them time and time again. Now that people are barely running them, they're off doing other things together, like HG.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#80 - 2012-06-07 08:49:02 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Explain to me how the group of players performing this theoretical gank suddenly lose cohesion if a target isn't valuable enough? You realise we just take the same guys and shoot some other poor sap, right? One gank not performed is not a broken community.

If the target isn't valuable enough, no action is taken. The "community" obviously doesn't exist because they're not blowing up things. That's the claim that you are making about Incursion runners. What's happening is that the "community" is playing Diablo III, raiding in WoW, or continuing to run Incursions, depending on what they feel is the most interesting way to spend their time. The ISK farmers have moved on to other ISK farming activities (anomalies in null sec, L4 missions in hisec, mining, etc).

Claiming that a drop in the number of people in Incursions due to the difficulty level being raised and the income being dropped is nonsensical. Simply raising the difficulty level will cause some people to drop out for a while until the die-hards figure out new spawns, develop new tactics and get the raid boss on farm status again. This happens universally in MMO PVE. Heck, the same happened when CONCORD rules changed: a brief lull while folks figured out the new rules, then ganking became more prevalent than ever. Now the rules are changing again thanks to Sugar Daddy Mittani, and more people are getting involved in ganking because there's now money in it.

Khanh'rhh wrote:
Any "community" survives the nerfing of a single gameplay element without breaking up and going out on the wind.
Example: the community of incursion bear griefers stayed together after CCP procedurally nerfed the ability to grief them time and time again. Now that people are barely running them, they're off doing other things together, like HG.

The Incursions grievers gave up after a couple of weeks of shutting down Incursions. The people remaining are griefing incursions as a solo game. The griefing "community" doesn't exist, by your standards.

In the meantime the Incursion "community" is showing that it was made up of multiple communities who happened to participate in the same activity in EVE Online: there are the ISK farmers, the raid runners, the Skinner box addicts and the "something to do while winding down after a day at work" folks.

Attempting to generalise that any particular activity is participated in by only one "community" of people is nonsensical.