These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What's with all this new mention of "Incursion Communities"?

Author
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#41 - 2012-06-06 18:51:25 UTC
There's also a self evident paradox here.

If there WAS a community, then it would survive a nerf to ONE small part of the game and those people would be doing something else together instead of splitting up and returning to solo-EvE.

The fact that a 10% income nerf completely broke up the "community" says a lot about it's validity.

A group of players sucking on an ISK-faucet that badly, badly needed to be fixed is not a community, its a large group of opportunists doing it at the same time.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Hanuman Li Tosh
Nullbear Protection Act of 2019
#42 - 2012-06-06 19:08:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Hanuman Li Tosh
Khanh'rhh wrote:

If there WAS a community, then it would survive a nerf to ONE small part of the game and those people would be doing something else together instead of splitting up and returning to solo-EvE.

The fact that a 10% income nerf completely broke up the "community" says a lot about it's validity.

A group of players sucking on an ISK-faucet that badly, badly needed to be fixed is not a community, its a large group of opportunists doing it at the same time.

The fact that you think that you think the nerf was 10% illustrates your ignorance brilliantly.
Sarton Wells
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2012-06-06 19:18:15 UTC
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
The fact that you think that you think the nerf was 10% illustrates your ignorance brilliantly.

How much was it? On average how much isk/hr are you making now compared to before the nerf?
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#44 - 2012-06-06 19:43:43 UTC
Sarton Wells wrote:
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:

How much was it? On average how much isk/hr are you making now compared to before the nerf?

The isk/hour in VGs was nerfed heavily, assaults and HQs are pretty good money now though and still much better than missions.

You can still make half decent ISK in VGs with a very good fleet, but it is nothing compared to pre-nerf. The problem is these high sec people won't be happy until they have the highest income in the game again.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#45 - 2012-06-06 20:28:00 UTC
There was an incursion community - back when it was only live events.

Once it was monetized content, in flocked the ISK -snatching crowd. If you made a big Tic-tac-toe board in space that you had to solve, and it payed more ISK, the same crowd would have flocked that.

Heck if you had to attach a sensor to your willie and connect it to your PC with the EvE client running and get ISK for slamming said willie in a real door repeatedly, if that paid more ISK than anything else, then they would have all done that too.

I could never figure out who these people where where that number in the wallet is the only important thing to the level of dysfunction. When we were popping (more like D3 and company I was just there to lose ships) Sansha Motherships you would not believe the intense hatred in local. I think war criminals got less hate than we did.

Why is this? Obsession? Autism? Jobless Type A personalities? I just don't know.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Sarton Wells
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2012-06-06 20:33:09 UTC
Well if you can still average more isk/hr doing high sec incursions than level 4 missions with the same fit I don't see how this could be a problem. Also wouldn't it make sense for vanguards to NOT be as rewarding as assault and hq sites? These are honest questions since I've never done incursions so I have no idea what's it like.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#47 - 2012-06-06 21:23:26 UTC
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
Khanh'rhh wrote:

You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour plus, which is not a lot less than a realistic pre-vanguard nerf figure (everyone likes to paste screenshots of the 45mins they managed a 120mil an hour run, but reality was different).

Of course, you're right in the sense you can no longer just farm the massively exploited vanguard sites at all anymore, which is where all the incursion bears flocked to, they were heavily nerfed and rightly so.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

TheBreadMuncher
Protus Correction Facility Inc.
#48 - 2012-06-06 22:12:23 UTC
Ban Bindy wrote:
Your view of any community that arose while doing incursions does not in any way define the communities. You choose to characterize them negatively in your oh-so-clear-what-your-agenda-is post. You're not asking a question about whether a community was formed, you're finding a "clever" way of expressing an opinion that is far from new or fresh on these forums. All ways of making isk in high sec are evil, according to the forum warriors on your side of the argument. Nothing new here.

CCP has a bad habit of creating excitement about something like incursions, then changing them so drastically that the people who do them have to find something else to do. The ramping down of null sec systems in terms of sites from a couple years back comes to mind. The constant tweaking of the game is irritating but arguably necessary.

People like OP, of course, are threatened when anybody enjoys the game of Eve differently than they do.

Of course. EVE should be all about shipspinning.

EDIT: SO MUCH RAGE. Lol

"We will create the introduction thread if that is requested by the community. Also, we will have an ISD Seminar about the CCL team in the coming weeks in which you can ask your questions about the CCL team and provide some constructive feedback to us." - Countless pages of locked threads and numerous permabanned accounts later, change is coming.

Hanuman Li Tosh
#49 - 2012-06-06 22:27:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Hanuman Li Tosh
[qoute]You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour... [/quote]

or i could mission and make the same, minus travel time and looking for group time.

or do industry

or trade

or plex.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#50 - 2012-06-06 22:28:49 UTC
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
Quote:
You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour

or i could mission and make the same, minus travel time and looking for group time.

or do industry

or trade

or plex.

I can make more in HQs than you can in missions.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Hanuman Li Tosh
#51 - 2012-06-06 22:29:59 UTC
Simi Kusoni wrote:
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
Quote:
You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour

or do industry

or trade

or plex.

You can make more doing HQ sites than YOU can doing missions i'm sure.
Large Collidable Object
morons.
#52 - 2012-06-06 22:45:09 UTC
The Incursion 'community' obviously consisted of people who thought that 'teaming up for missions' should have heavily increased rewards just for teaming up with all the other disgusting asshats.

Now that Incursions require an actual community to reap the benefits, they're all back to l4s.

Can't blame them, really.
You know... [morons.](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjOx65yD5A)
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#53 - 2012-06-06 22:50:50 UTC
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
Simi Kusoni wrote:

You can make more doing HQ sites than YOU can doing missions i'm sure.

You post your wallet I'll post mine.

Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2012-06-06 22:52:17 UTC
after time has passed and memory faded a bit, players who loved their broken isk printer are trying to revise history by adding a chapter of an 'incursion community'
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#55 - 2012-06-06 23:16:40 UTC
X up.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#56 - 2012-06-07 00:34:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
[qoute]You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour...

or do industry

or trade

or plex.

The fact that you can't look past the specific amount that you were making on the very broken Vanguard sites and see the rest of them as "pointless" by admission only highlights the reason why they were adjusted.

Your "community" wasn't Incursions, it was specifically surrounding the broken ISK/hr of the Vanguards. Now they are gone, the idea of spending time with these people is unappealing and you go back to missions, trade or other solo activities.

Thanks for proving my point?

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-06-07 00:42:07 UTC
ITT: People telling each other, "You are playing the game wrong!" referring to an activity they view as being boring, even though someone else is happy with it.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#58 - 2012-06-07 00:42:47 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Hanuman Li Tosh wrote:
[qoute]You need to move up the scale to HQ sites to get the higher numbers, but you can get figures that are still 80mil an hour...

or do industry

or trade

or plex.

The fact that you can't look past the specific amount that you were making on the very broken Vanguard sites and see the rest of them as "pointless" by admission only highlights the reason why they were adjusted.

Your "community" wasn't Incursions, it was specifically surrounding the broken ISK/hr of the Vanguards. Now they are gone, the idea of spending time with these people is unappealing and you go back to missions, trade or other solo activities.

Thanks for proving my point?

A shared love of isk/hour

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-06-07 00:43:24 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
after time has passed and memory faded a bit, players who loved their broken isk printer are trying to revise history by adding a chapter of an 'incursion community'

Does your alliance control any high end moons?
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#60 - 2012-06-07 00:56:54 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Does your alliance control any high end moons?

detorid is the land of milk and honey, ask anyone