These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bring back the quick Items, ship and corp hangar button - Post here if u agree!

First post
Author
Lifewire
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#601 - 2012-06-05 06:36:17 UTC
Dont patch what does not need patching! If i want to see my cargohold, it loads my carrier, all ships insider, all items inside the ships, all containers, and and and...sorry but which dev did propose this idea??? Can we podkill him?
Legia BIH
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#602 - 2012-06-05 11:08:53 UTC
+1
Why changing some stuff that works , not to mention that you waste your time , and you could invest it in something useful .Disaster called "NEW INVENTORY SYS"should be choseable for those who want it , and i doubt that there are many eve players that want to make their eve time more miserable than it was before .
Pistonbroke
Super Villains
Pandemic Horde
#603 - 2012-06-05 12:27:54 UTC
useless, irritating, pointless.

no I am not talking about the game designers, but if the cap fits.......

This new "innovation" for managing of ships and mods and ammo and "stuff" makes the game painful to play, I've played eve for a long time now, and never before has a game change made me not want to log in.

Make it go away, PLEASE.
Eugene Kerner
TunDraGon
Goonswarm Federation
#604 - 2012-06-05 13:05:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Eugene Kerner
I dont even...

shift click my ***

Edith says:
+1

TunDraGon is recruiting! "Also, your boobs [:o] "   CCP Eterne, 2012 "When in doubt...make a diȼk joke." Robin Williams - RIP

ROOVALK
Blacksteel Mining and Manufacturing
Renaissance Federation
#605 - 2012-06-05 13:06:06 UTC
+1 bring back right click menus, Neocom buttons. Screw this UI !
Jarra
Twizted Illusion
#606 - 2012-06-05 13:20:53 UTC
+1

They Did not need to change what did not need changing.
Bring back the old menus back thanks.

Long skill set in training.

0/
El Geo
Warcrows
The Ascendants
#607 - 2012-06-05 13:31:25 UTC
well, seems more folks actually hat eit with a passion lol, i think it has its moments but no balance - a few people have mentioned it would be great for the assets tab and corp assets which im inclind to agree with tbh, it is a pain and i still do things the same way i was before the inventory, only now i have to remember to hold shift down...

more space, more ships, more depleteable resources, more addons that dont reduce functionality
less fixing what isnt broken, less rebalancing 'fixes'
Clyde Barrows
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#608 - 2012-06-05 14:51:45 UTC
+1 . Out with the new in with the old .
c4 t
Cosmic Psychedelics
#609 - 2012-06-05 14:58:09 UTC
Hey CCP try doing some gas reactions with the new inventory.
Cid SilverWing
Doomheim
#610 - 2012-06-05 18:42:28 UTC
+1

This new inventory is an absolute mess and causes nothing but problems.
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#611 - 2012-06-05 19:07:46 UTC
+1 and many more if viable.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#612 - 2012-06-05 19:28:25 UTC
It is a real pain now to shift click everything. It's even worse now: opening cargohold first opens with side bar open, now openen a CHA with shift click opens it with side bar collapsed, requiring an extra click to find correct hangar.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE: make shift click option available in settings and whether side bar is open or not.

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Abdiel Kavash
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#613 - 2012-06-05 20:15:24 UTC
+1 for buttons and keyboard shortcuts. I can do without using the index for nearly anything, other than tabbing between corp hangar divisions.

And give us a keyboard shortcut for open fuel bay.
Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#614 - 2012-06-05 20:20:36 UTC
+1, getting sick of this unified inventory BS. CCP, stop doing change for the sake of change and focus on core gameplay elements that need fixing. If you DO decide to change for the sake of change, get it right the first god damn time and/or do it incrementally.
Lost Hamster
Hamster Holding Corp
#615 - 2012-06-05 21:17:29 UTC
Eternal Error wrote:
+1, getting sick of this unified inventory BS. CCP, stop doing change for the sake of change and focus on core gameplay elements that need fixing. If you DO decide to change for the sake of change, get it right the first god damn time and/or do it incrementally.

+1

sadly, I'm so frustrated by this "feature" that I will close one of my account. If they can not properly fix it, then it can happen that a second account will be closed as well.
There are plenty of other games in the market.
Captain' Jack Sparrow
#616 - 2012-06-05 21:43:19 UTC
This thread has been active for about two weeks now...

As of right now, there are 8383 views, 614 replies, and 982 likes.

Obviously, this is quite important and is bothering a lot of people.

CCP: Please pay attention to your player base.

Enough with the attempts at fixing this mess. Please fix it once and for all, and go back to what worked in the first place.

Thank you.

Captain' Jack Sparrow
#617 - 2012-06-05 22:02:14 UTC
Hey... I just realized something.

By CCP's own description of the Unified Inventory, it really isn't even what THEY think it is.

From this page: http://www.eveonline.com/inferno/unified-inventory-ftr/

Quote:
Unified Inventory - Your entire fortune in a single click

You have hangars of ships at your disposal and wealth that spans the galaxy. Unified Inventory gives you convenient access to all of it. Searching for your favorite ship is now easier. Assessing your stockpiles, more convenient. Admiring the fruits of your labors, more rewarding.

Ummm... NO! That would be the assets tab you are describing there, CCP.

So, please put this feature where it belongs (the assets tab), and give us back our old inventory system.

Thanks!
Hauling Hal
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#618 - 2012-06-05 22:42:59 UTC
I got used to the new inventory system until I got in my Orca and tried to move things around. I had to work really hard to open up separate windows for the station ship hangar, the orca SMA, the station hangar, the Orca corp hangars and the orca cargo hold. What was really annoying is that the ship location lets you list all the locations you can put things in seperately, but not the cargo hold, so you can't shift click it to open it in a new window.

CCP put the cargo hold as a sub entry to the ship, so i can choose which location I wish to look in and open separately. Whilst you're at it, make each corp hangar open seperately as well...
ivar R'dhak
Deus est Mechanicus
#619 - 2012-06-05 23:23:04 UTC
Just FYI CCP, I hear the mood out there towards this thing is getting positively mutinous.

People simply aren´t willing to adapt to your tedious new way of playing the game.

Either reintroduce the old windows alongside this new "explorer" or start wondering who is going to get fired next when the subs start falling earnestly on the launch of Guild Wars 2.

.02 isk.
Captain' Jack Sparrow
#620 - 2012-06-05 23:25:45 UTC
Hauling Hal wrote:
CCP put the cargo hold as a sub entry to the ship, so i can choose which location I wish to look in and open separately. Whilst you're at it, make each corp hangar open seperately as well...

LOL. Kind of sounds like the old way of doing things... +1