These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

More Tech 3?

First post
Author
Vulfen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2012-06-04 23:48:52 UTC
Personally my hat came off to CCP when they introduced T3 cruisers, an expensive ship that could fit many roles.

I Want more of this, it cant be too hard for them to come up with another branch of these ships. I would love to see Tech 3 Frigs, i think this would be awesome since they are frigs they would be relativly simple to use, and also loose. Which is what we all want to see shiny things going boom.

My possible ideas for T3 frig sub systems

Defencive - bonuses like logistics alowing them to fit medium remote reps or transfers, this would alow for more gangs like AF and SB gangs.
Offensive - More range to frigate weaponary
Propulsion - id like to see the same bonus as the current role bonus for AFs

Im not saying CCP should be constantly adding ships at every Expansion but i would have thought this to be a logicial train from T3 cruisers to expand on this area

Vulfen
Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-06-05 07:22:30 UTC
Vulfen wrote:
Offensive - More range to frigate weaponary
Propulsion - id like to see the same bonus as the current role bonus for AFs

if people love 100mn tengu, they'll just love t3 light standard 10mn "kestrels/hawks" lol.

Or 10mn jags and wolves t3 variants.

They have to "fix" current t3 first. More than enough whines about some current t3, but to be fair the cruisers need a reevaluation before they have frigates that can kite most cruisers, but now with moar dps. Currently only a few do it. Lights suck ass and jags and wolves if you can grapple them down have kite builds which generally are not very tanky.

Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-06-05 07:55:27 UTC
Yeah lets make all the T1 and T2 ships redundant why don't we?

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Vilnius Zar
SDC Multi Ten
#4 - 2012-06-05 07:57:47 UTC
Please, no more T3. It was a funky experiment but it' seems to be impossible to make them balanced in a way that they're all viable while not completely fekking over other ships.
Tasiv Deka
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-06-05 08:01:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Tasiv Deka
I would rather have Tech 3 Battleships, however i live in WH space and would like even more demand for the salvage im gettingTwisted. That and i am getting rather bored with the BSs i can fly.

Also a Tech 3 BS would (atleast in a slightly more immersion acceptable way) allow for a subsystem that allows for essentially mini carriers(i wish to spew hornets from a ship at an alarming rate)

other ideas: Large Heavy Interdictors, a missle subsystem that allows for 8 launchers, and even more ideas that i have written down somewhere in the mess of ideas i have accumulated for EVE.

EDIT: The previous posters do bring up a good point... balance the current ships first

Oh, Do go on... no seriously ive got nothing better to do then listen to all the petty arguments and feeble trolling attempts... 

The sad thing is i'm not sure if i'm telling the truth.

Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2012-06-05 08:19:22 UTC
Tasiv Deka wrote:
(i wish to spew hornets from a ship at an alarming rate)

That sounds like a weird sexual thing.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

Lunkwill Khashour
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-06-05 11:51:20 UTC
T3 industrial:
big cargo,big resists, small and agile and warpspeed, cloaky, anti-bubble, salvaging, probing, mining, refitting hangar, covert jumpdrive, command boni, ...

Lots of potential as long as they can't mine better or carry more than existing ships (or other specialities). It would be the combination of subsystems that make it interesting
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#8 - 2012-06-05 11:54:09 UTC
the carebear in me desperately wishes for a T3 Battleship to bling out.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Copine Callmeknau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2012-06-05 12:01:42 UTC
Would rather some T3 modules before more T3 ships.

afaik the plans for t3 mods was slightly worse stats than T2, but half the heat damage. Or something along those lines

There should be a rather awesome pic here

FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#10 - 2012-06-05 14:35:36 UTC
Tech 3 indy ships to coincide with the ring mining.
Renier Gaden
Immortal Guides
#11 - 2012-06-05 14:52:01 UTC
T3 aside, the idea of a Logistics frigate sounds interesting.
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-06-05 16:22:08 UTC
Rather see marauders loose salvage ability and win capital guns and tracking bonus, now this would be awesome !!

brb

Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#13 - 2012-06-05 16:29:17 UTC
Almost every role in the game is covered by a ship class or type, even the multiplataform role (T3 cruisers). Which possble role is yet to be fullfilled?
Answer me that question and not what mods would you like to use and you have your new ship type.
But I don't think it would be another multiplataform T3.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Eternal Error
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-06-05 17:00:41 UTC
They don't need to introduce more ships of any tech level until they balance the ones currently in the game, starting with T3s.
Dibblerette
Solitude-Industries
#15 - 2012-06-05 17:05:30 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:
Rather see marauders loose salvage ability and win capital guns and tracking bonus, now this would be awesome !!

THAT would be cool. Especially if they kept the Large guns too. That way, you could focus your bonused WTFcannon on BSs, and use smaller large guns to kill everything else. Honestly, I just want to see how they strap a capital gun to the Tempest hull. Should be hilarious.
stoicfaux
#16 - 2012-06-05 17:40:19 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Almost every role in the game is covered by a ship class or type, even the multiplataform role (T3 cruisers). Which possble role is yet to be fullfilled?

Extrapolating from the Tengu, Caldari T3 frigates would fill the role of having a battlecruiser tank with battlecruiser firepower on a frigate hull.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2012-06-05 20:13:51 UTC
Lets go ahead and put more ships into the "barely usable/not worth it" pile. T3 cruisers are more than enough imo.
FlinchingNinja Kishunuba
Crunchy Crunchy
#18 - 2012-06-05 20:13:54 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Answer me that question and not what mods would you like to use and you have your new ship type.
But I don't think it would be another multiplataform T3.

Combat mining vessel with DPS bonus to drones... BS don't count.
Mastin Dragonfly
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2012-06-05 20:29:30 UTC
Only if they don't make them so completely ugly as a lot of the t3 cruiser set ups, especially the Legion and Proteus.
Hans Tesla
RigWerks Incorporated
#20 - 2012-06-05 20:34:43 UTC
Kalel Nimrott wrote:
Which possble role is yet to be fullfilled?

Dedicated gas cloud harvester?

Head Rigger In Charge

123Next pageLast page