These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Question: What one thing is really hurting EVE?

Author
Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#201 - 2012-06-05 09:52:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Apolyon I
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
The inability for new players to compete with old players, this will result in a skillpoint gap too large to cope with.

for a 100m sp character, when he fly a shiprequire 5m sp to maximize its performance, is other 95m sp relevant??

only WoW players think that his 5m sp char cant compete with 100m sp char
BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#202 - 2012-06-05 09:57:17 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
Risk vs Reward is broken in Highsec , too much isk for very low risk.

I hafta disagree on this one... it's a broken quote. I don't understand why those who dwell in low/null sec complain so much about high sec having the ability to make decent isk. It isn't billions. Its a few 100 mil for incursions and everyone screams. Why does it affect everyone so? Let them have the isk, then they buy nice shiny ships for you to gank. It takes hours of boring incursions/missions to make decent isk.

Scanning sites down provides very little isk.. especially the broken mag sites, grav sites usually offer ore that is already found in highsec. no isk there at all except for the very new.

Cosmos and epic arc have decent isk I hear, but also hours and hours of running missions again. Blah.

I'm sure I'm missing some things here... mining (hours) PI (nerfed)...

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Steijn
Quay Industries
#203 - 2012-06-05 11:13:14 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
I think for me it is how gates in the game work. I wish when you used a gate it randomly ports you into a systems space - exit points for gates should all be generated randomly. Unless you are fleeted up. Then all the fleet members would port to the same area of the system as the wing or squad commander.

imo that would get many more people into low/null.
Luis Graca
#204 - 2012-06-05 11:21:20 UTC
The lack of newbs
Kimmi Chan
Tastes Like Purple
#205 - 2012-06-05 11:43:15 UTC
Eve needs more bacon. Everything is better with bacon.

"Grr Kimmi  Nerf Chans!" ~Jenn aSide

www.eve-radio.com  Join Eve Radio channel in game!

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#206 - 2012-06-05 12:02:54 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Question What one thing in your opinion is hurting EVE the most? Is it a particular game mechanic? Is it the lack of something? Maybe you feel the new player experience needs revamped. Please feel free to discuss that one thing you feel is hurting EVE the most.

I'd say lack or flawed game mechanics, it's not about making high sec kitty on line since wardec and warfare would show it's not, but it's more about pure grieff that by no means or rule is clarified so the margin to use and abuse, harass with no limit some players doesn't stick with game breaking rules, but hey, it's not like if those clearly defined rules exist.

Then the low/null sec population fail, why take risks in those zones when it's so easy, profitable and no other risk than calculated losses?
If those had no other choice than follow warfare/wardec rules they'd probably be the first to quit.

Look at high sec incursions, such fake excuse when there were far better running all day long null sec incursion runners making billions, buying titans and supers in just a few weeks, then claim people log in in null only for ops because high sec is an isk fountain. Fake

Start by limiting high sec pvp to costly and ruled wardecs/warfare, limit resources and industry possibilities, remove high sec POS, make high sec contracts and market fees triple expensive.

What would then be their excuse for not going pvp in low/null? -high sec is the safer zone and the most profitable one for grieffers, nothing else.

To make it simple, the high sec pvp concept is such a fake only resulting in no risk grieffing that low/null show no interest for most players.

brb

Vincent Wright
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#207 - 2012-06-05 12:25:18 UTC
AI
Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#208 - 2012-06-05 12:28:09 UTC
The same thing that makes EVE strong also is its greatest weakness -- the player base.
Pistonbroke
Super Villains
Pandemic Horde
#209 - 2012-06-05 12:29:16 UTC
what's hurting eve?

Inventory system
Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#210 - 2012-06-05 12:29:42 UTC
The amount of backstabbin' dicks that play this game IMO :)
Jame Jarl Retief
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#211 - 2012-06-05 12:30:47 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:
Question What one thing in your opinion is hurting EVE the most? Is it a particular game mechanic? Is it the lack of something? Maybe you feel the new player experience needs revamped. Please feel free to discuss that one thing you feel is hurting EVE the most.

Two words: User Interface.

I recently sent a buddy key to someone. And you know what he told me? He fired up the game, the font was too small, he tried to make it bigger, it was still too small. The game put too much strain on his eyes, so he quit playing it before he really even started. Granted, this is the guy that plays on a fairly high resolution, but still, it's a good example of how to lose a new player in 90 seconds or less.

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#212 - 2012-06-05 16:02:49 UTC
Power projection. The fact that you can travel from one side of the galaxy to the other in 15 minutes is dumber than a box of ****. I could write an entire novel on how bad for the game this is.
Ituhata Saken
Killboard Padding Services
#213 - 2012-06-05 16:04:13 UTC
The distinct lack of space dragons.

So close...

Dragon Outlaw
Rogue Fleet
#214 - 2012-06-05 16:19:56 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Power projection. The fact that you can travel from one side of the galaxy to the other in 15 minutes is dumber than a box of ****. I could write an entire novel on how bad for the game this is.

Unfortunately, not a lot of people have a good sense of vision like you and I. Its seems to be a gift only a limited number of people have.
Darth Tickles
Doomheim
#215 - 2012-06-05 16:21:07 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:

As much as I hate to be seen agreeing with you, power projection is a serious problem that cuts across a huge swathe of the game; combined with a week's worth of timers before you can actually lose a system creates the ******* disaster known as dominion sov.
Reverend Cletis
Synister Mynisters
#216 - 2012-06-05 16:23:42 UTC
blobs.
Mira Robinson
#217 - 2012-06-05 16:24:01 UTC
The fact that EVE's playerbase is made up of what would be considered the lowlife scum of every other MMO.

Earlier today, the Dixon Mining Guild and the Butz Manufacturing Corporation formed a coalition.

It's hard to tell if there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the Dixon-Butz Alliance.

Drunk Driver
Doomheim
#218 - 2012-06-05 16:26:44 UTC
Saia Tae Arragosa wrote:

EVE.....

That's some kind of online space game, right?

Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#219 - 2012-06-05 19:19:39 UTC
Darth Tickles wrote:
Marlona Sky wrote:

As much as I hate to be seen agreeing with you, power projection is a serious problem that cuts across a huge swathe of the game; combined with a week's worth of timers before you can actually lose a system creates the ******* disaster known as dominion sov.

I can't remember the last time someone gave a compelling argument that the current system is good. I feel like we all would like to achieve a system that is enjoyable and functional as an attacker and a defender. If only we all could sit down and have a real brain storming session(s) without trolling and or tear each others throats out within 30 seconds of starting.
Drunk Driver
Doomheim
#220 - 2012-06-05 19:22:30 UTC
Kimmi Chan wrote:
Eve needs more bacon. Everything is better with bacon.

BACON!!!!