These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interface question

Author
Janis Ezra
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2012-03-08 23:06:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Janis Ezra
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#2 - 2012-03-08 23:11:44 UTC
Using overview XML code

Export the overview and you'll see it comes otu as XML, changing this XML and putting it back in is how you get that sorta info

The bad news is personally I have no idea how to do it cause the last time i touched it was years ago and I did it with a generator that I can no longer find.

The Drake is a Lie

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#3 - 2012-03-09 02:55:27 UTC
There used to be a superb online overview editor that let you customize everything, but unfortunately the domain expired and the author didn't have a backup of the code Sad

Another such tool is needed... actually, CCP needs to commission one!
malaire
#4 - 2012-03-09 09:14:17 UTC
Janis Ezra wrote:

I've heard you need to edit some game file to do that - WHICH IS AGAINST EULA.

So don't do it.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

ry ry
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-06-05 13:53:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ry ry
It's not against the EULA, handing out @@@DIRE WARNINGS OF THE COMING APOCALYPSE!!!@@@ for things you clearly don't know anything about is silly. Being helpful is lovely, but don't be a mong about it.

Sadly the crappy forum is breaking when i try to post the XML - gimme a second and i'll pop it up eleswhere.

EDIT: http://pastebin.com/7eeu8FaY

This is part of an exported overview setting. if you look at the pre and post [part] elements values they're encoded strings of XML. Essentially they decode to...

[fontsize=11] [color=0xff33FF66]

[/color] &_#_xA0;

(You'll need to replace [ with < and ] with >, then delete the _s there should be no spaces there. the forum is super-****.)

The & # xA0; bit is a non-breaking space (eg. it doesn't line wrap) and 0xff33FF66 is the 100% opaque hex value of 33ff66 which is a rather unpleasant minty green. Note there is no closing fontsize tag, that is closed later on in the real XML.

You can probably use a combination of a [center] tag and & # x13 as a newline to get that nasty box effect you linked above.

modify by hand and reimport to eve. It's not an exploit, so knock yourself out.
Sin Pew
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2012-06-05 15:36:26 UTC
Pimp my Eve? want!! Lol

[i]"haiku are easy, But sometimes they don't make sense, Refrigerator."[/i]

Karash Amerius
The Seven Shadows
Scotch and Tea
#7 - 2012-06-05 20:27:38 UTC
Just an aside for anyone else reading this thread, there is a lot of malware links on that site, so be warned.

Karash Amerius Operative, Sutoka

ry ry
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-06-05 22:39:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ry ry
...and yes, it should be noted that pastebin - being somewhere anybody can upload snippets of text and all that - no doubt has a great many naughty things on it. You do have to physically copy/paste the links from pastebin into your browsers address bar thought, since generally speaking plaintext does not actually *do* anything, and just looking at part of the XML eve outputs when you export your overview settings is unlikely to compromise your machine.

I realise that the default tone for this forum is Fairly Patronising, and for many people being new to Eve Online directly correlates to never having used 'the internet' or these new fangled 'personal computation engines' before, but with a little perseverance you will be capable of utilising the internet and it's many and varied features with minimal risk.

You can never be too prepared though, so i STRONGLY advise you to only ever view this forum with Javascript, Images and Stylesheets disabled - All of which have recently been vectors for arbitrary code execution. Lynx browser is p.good.

edit, incidentally - there is a more concise guide here... http://bit.ly/MfieTM ...there was no reason to bit.ly the url other than to bait helpful helpers. you click it entirely at your own risk.