These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Mining contest!

Author
Kasperow
Starside Industries
#21 - 2012-06-04 09:55:16 UTC
Is it who mines most ore or who mines for the most hours straight? If it's not about yield, I'm gonna mine an entire day in low-sec with a Reaper or some other worthless ship just to earn 2.5 bil the easy way.
Marcus Harikari
#22 - 2012-06-04 09:57:20 UTC
No, no, I stick to my word. Record a video of yourself mining, and the person who can mine the longest without stopping wins! I won't have the time to judge these videos, that's why I will need to appoint a panel of judges...who is interested in helping this grand event get underway?
Marcus Harikari
#23 - 2012-06-04 09:58:23 UTC
Kasperow wrote:
Is it who mines most ore or who mines for the most hours straight? If it's not about yield, I'm gonna mine an entire day in low-sec with a Reaper or some other worthless ship just to earn 2.5 bil the easy way.

It's who mines the longest. I was thinking it might be "hulk only" but then I thought ... and... what do i care WHAT u mine in? Go ahead and mine in a reaper, if that's what makes you happy. After all, mining isn't about making logical choices, it's about being happy with what you're doing!
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#24 - 2012-06-04 09:59:29 UTC
Marcus Harikari wrote:
No, no, I stick to my word. Record a video of yourself mining, and the person who can mine the longest without stopping wins! I won't have the time to judge these videos, that's why I will need to appoint a panel of judges...who is interested in helping this grand event get underway?

Give me the Isk, and I'll dispense it per your contest rules. Or give it to a real 3rd party and have them do it.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Marcus Harikari
#25 - 2012-06-04 10:16:41 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Marcus Harikari wrote:

Give me the Isk, and I'll dispense it per your contest rules. Or give it to a real 3rd party and have them do it.

ok look for your wallet to flash gimme a sec
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#26 - 2012-06-04 10:26:10 UTC
Am I allowed to use my bot program for this contest?

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Marcus Harikari
#27 - 2012-06-04 10:31:38 UTC
Destiny Corrupted wrote:
Am I allowed to use my bot program for this contest?

Go right ahead my dear.
Noriko Mai
#28 - 2012-06-04 11:01:53 UTC
Brand new super uber idea:

Mining contest
Meet in one system, tell everyone and mine. Who mines the most, wins.
This may be really funny Smile

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

MisterNick
The Sagan Clan
#29 - 2012-06-04 11:08:17 UTC
23.5 hours. After that downtime breaks your combo.

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom."

Noriko Mai
#30 - 2012-06-04 11:16:37 UTC
MisterNick wrote:

If I have areally good bot that can log in and restart client and everything...
I go afk. Downtime. The bot log in after DT. Bot mines as if nothing happens.

The question now is: Did I stopped mining at DT?
If yes: Do I mine while I'm afk?
If no: You can mine longer than 23.5h!

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#31 - 2012-06-04 11:31:08 UTC
Marcus Harikari wrote:
I am sponsoring a mining contest so that miners have something to work towards. The person who mines the most hours straight in the month of June will get a 250million isk SEE EDIT prize!

edit: 2.5 billion isk prize

edit2: ok let's keep this realistic, i can pay 500mil...real talk...2.5bil lololol no way

Then why did you offer it?

Also, just wanted to Confirm: OP is Poor and has no ability or plan to pay the Contest Prize.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Marcus Harikari
#32 - 2012-06-05 06:02:14 UTC
MisterNick wrote:

Well, if you resume quickly after downtime I'll let it slide.
Marcus Harikari
#33 - 2012-06-05 06:02:39 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Marcus Harikari wrote:
I am sponsoring a mining contest so that miners have something to work towards. The person who mines the most hours straight in the month of June will get a 250million isk SEE EDIT prize!

edit2: ok let's keep this realistic, i can pay 500mil...real talk...2.5bil lololol no way

Also, just wanted to Confirm: OP is Poor and has no ability or plan to pay the Contest Prize.

Dude you are annoying. Yes, I can pay 500mil no problem calm down son.
Ituhata Saken
Killboard Padding Services
#34 - 2012-06-05 06:04:34 UTC
This sounds painful. I think I'd need to start sharpening a potato peeler against my skin to either relieve the boredom or the mental anguish.

So close...

Price Check Aisle3
#35 - 2012-06-05 06:07:16 UTC
How to verify the length of time spent mining? Time spent rubbing one out doesn't count.
  • Karl Hobb IATS
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#36 - 2012-06-05 06:13:56 UTC
Marcus Harikari wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Marcus Harikari wrote:

Prove it. Get a third party.

Nobody ever said organizing your own targets would be free.

Marcus Harikari
#37 - 2012-06-05 06:16:40 UTC
Ituhata Saken wrote:
This sounds painful. I think I'd need to start sharpening a potato peeler against my skin to either relieve the boredom or the mental anguish.

100million payment for vid of you sharpening potato peeler against your own skin
Marcus Harikari
#38 - 2012-06-05 06:17:01 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Marcus Harikari wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Marcus Harikari wrote:

Prove it. Get a third party.

Nobody ever said organizing your own targets would be free.

Stop posting in my threads or else I'm going to gank you in-game.
Marcus Harikari
#39 - 2012-06-05 06:17:12 UTC
Price Check Aisle3 wrote:
How to verify the length of time spent mining? Time spent rubbing one out doesn't count.

video
Price Check Aisle3
#40 - 2012-06-05 06:18:43 UTC
Marcus Harikari wrote:
Price Check Aisle3 wrote:

video

Oooooooh, Fraps a mining op, how exciting!
  • Karl Hobb IATS
Previous page123Next page