These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Why can we only jump one system at a time?

Author
Astro Jones
AJ Corp
#1 - 2012-06-05 02:25:58 UTC
Would be nice and make the game better I think if we could jump 2,3,4 or 5 systems at a time....
ModeratedToSilence
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-06-05 02:27:26 UTC  |  Edited by: ModeratedToSilence
You mean re do the jump gate mechanic?

btw Some gates actually let you jump 10+ systems at at a time already
Astro Jones
AJ Corp
#3 - 2012-06-05 02:30:49 UTC
Yes, If i want to fly to Jita it's 8 jumps...takes to long and well it just sucks...
Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-06-05 02:34:30 UTC
how about no, scott...

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Josef Stylin
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-06-05 02:35:21 UTC
This makes no sense. You should be ashamed of making this thread.
Ginseng Jita
PAN-EVE TRADING COMPANY
#6 - 2012-06-05 02:36:33 UTC
Easily fixed. Add jumpgate fuel requirements, the further the jump the more fuel it takes. Add cost of ISK for making such a jump. Add special skill training. Jumpgate Navigation - 8x training - level 1 = jump 2 systems. level 5 = jump 10 systems.
Culmen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-06-05 02:39:00 UTC
You already can.
They're called Jump Bridges.

Leave high sec if you want to see them.

Also Black Ops and Jump Freighters can skip gates.

There is a fine line between a post and a signature.

Astro Jones
AJ Corp
#8 - 2012-06-05 02:39:16 UTC
I think it's stupid to have to stop go stop go stop go stop go stop go stop go stop go all the way...I guess i don't understand why they made eve this way....
Savage Angel
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-06-05 02:41:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Savage Angel
Actually most all MMO's of Eve's era had the same type of travel mechanic. CCP just refuses to give into the instant gratification crowd (at least too often).

Edit: Kinda funny that I post this while doing a 10 jump run in an itty.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#10 - 2012-06-05 02:42:00 UTC
Astro Jones wrote:
I think it's stupid to have to stop go stop go stop go stop go stop go stop go stop go all the way...I guess i don't understand why they made eve this way....

To create natural choke points where fights can happen.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#11 - 2012-06-05 02:42:33 UTC
To create a semi sharded environment so you don't have 20,000 on the same single blade server in their datacenter.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#12 - 2012-06-05 02:42:51 UTC
To create a system where local chat isn't completely out of control.
Rajan Marelona
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-06-05 02:43:03 UTC
Astro Jones wrote:

Walking must be complete torture for you. Same for public transportation. In fact, driving would be hell too because damn it all those red lights and stuff. If only you could snap your fingers and be wherever you want to be, you would like that, would you not ? Maybe you would not like it, snapping your fingers is probably such a drag.
Astro Jones
AJ Corp
#14 - 2012-06-05 02:43:14 UTC
Savage Angel wrote:
Actually most all MMO's of Eve's era had the same type of travel mechanic. CCP just refuses to give into the instant gratification crowd (at least too often).

Not true..UO has recall and gate spells...and its been around for 15 years.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-06-05 02:43:28 UTC
I can think of a few reasons is what I'm saying.
Astro Jones
AJ Corp
#16 - 2012-06-05 02:44:20 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Astro Jones wrote:

you mean blind ganks....niice
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#17 - 2012-06-05 02:44:50 UTC
Astro Jones wrote:
Savage Angel wrote:

UO's map was smaller than a single eve system. If you want fast travel train caps and have a few cyno alts and you can literally chain your way across the entire galaxy in a few minutes.
Ituhata Saken
Killboard Padding Services
#18 - 2012-06-05 02:45:39 UTC
Its how they can say eve is one giant server, in reality each system is its own separate server. When you jump your character is transferred from one server to another. Also it forces fights through a chokepoint system, because having something worth fighting over wasn't good enough. And yes it takes forever.

So close...

Astro Jones
AJ Corp
#19 - 2012-06-05 02:47:36 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Astro Jones wrote:
Savage Angel wrote:

UO's map was smaller than a single eve system. If you want fast travel train caps and have a few cyno alts and you can literally chain your way across the entire galaxy in a few minutes.

I have one account and doubt if i will ever have more...I think it should be a skill you can train :)
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#20 - 2012-06-05 02:48:29 UTC
Astro Jones wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Astro Jones wrote:

you mean blind ganks....niice

I don't know how to tell you this: But about 95% of eves fighting revolves around a structure in space. Even the big fleet combats tend to occur at gates, stations, or pos. And if you want to DEFEND space, you always try to fight at the gate.
123Next pageLast page