These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bring back the quick Items, ship and corp hangar button - Post here if u agree!

First post
Author
GerminVermin
Empirical Horizon Industries
#581 - 2012-05-29 00:44:56 UTC
Moonasha wrote:
Um. Go to general settings and tick "Merge items and ships into station panel." Problem solved. You can drag **** onto your ships, double click them, or use the oldschool inventory alongside the new one. The new inventory system is amazing.

No, sorry, you still haven't solved the problem.
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#582 - 2012-05-29 00:46:04 UTC
Moonasha wrote:
Um. Go to general settings and tick "Merge items and ships into station panel." Problem solved. You can drag **** onto your ships, double click them, or use the oldschool inventory alongside the new one. The new inventory system is amazing.

Hehe the new inventory is so amazing that you want to merge items and ships in order to access and use the old inventory system. Got it.
Moonasha
Orcses and Goblinz
#583 - 2012-05-29 00:51:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Moonasha
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Moonasha wrote:

Hehe the new inventory is so amazing that you want to merge items and ships in order to access and use the old inventory system. Got it.

It doesn't merge them, it puts them into the station panel. And since the old buttons are gone, it should just be enabled by default.
ISquishWorms
#584 - 2012-05-29 00:58:57 UTC
+1

‘No, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhh’.

Yogsoloth
Fliet Pizza Delivery
Of Essence
#585 - 2012-05-29 04:52:52 UTC
How many more threads and pages need to be written before the Inventory get's reverted back to it's previous form.
GerminVermin
Empirical Horizon Industries
#586 - 2012-05-29 17:38:10 UTC
Yogsoloth wrote:
the Inventory get's reverted back to it's previous form.

That will obviously never happen.

The only hope we have is that they fix the problems with new creation to make it work with the players the way the players want or need it to function.
El Geo
Warcrows
The Ascendants
#587 - 2012-06-03 11:42:25 UTC  |  Edited by: El Geo
GerminVermin wrote:
Yogsoloth wrote:
the Inventory get's reverted back to it's previous form.

That will obviously never happen.

The only hope we have is that they fix the problems with new creation to make it work with the players the way the players want or need it to function.

its a nice system, and its getting there but the functionality of the old system needs to be brought back fully - i cannot drag my items from cargo into the ships bit (in the station panel) and have it drop into the items like it used to, yes, i like being able to right click and choose open dronebay/main/corp/cargo rather than right click inventory then go to it from there. theres a few things although

kudos to allowing us to rename pos structures, CCP would probably make all the pos guys happy if you could access the cans in the corp hangers/assembly arrays etc at POS **HINTFECKINHINT**

but yeah, new system still missing old system functionality, sometimes its the littlest things we miss the most
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#588 - 2012-06-03 11:47:23 UTC
+1

Yeah, the biggest thing here is that the new system completely replaced the old. That's not a good move. They really needed to improve or add to the old system, not completely dump it. Ie station docking and wis. didn't you learn from that?

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Kid Blue
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#589 - 2012-06-03 13:35:03 UTC
+1

They also have to the fix the Filter search function.
black cree
Utopian Research I.E.L.
#590 - 2012-06-03 19:08:58 UTC
I am truly amazed that they cant figure out what s wrong with new inventory.Shocked

Is it so hard to reinvent the weel? How impossible is it to keep
the same search keyword across tabs in corp hangar?

What sucks more ?
- not being able to see the problem (anybody is dev team actually playing the game?) ?
- not being able to implement seemingly basic features (windows opening or closing with random settings and stuff)?

Is CCP prisonner of a METHODOLOGY CULT like agile that drains all efficiency into a blob of bureaucratic nonsense that ends up in "sprints" to deliver half backed products?

Or are you porting code from another development platform, with instruction manual written in an asian language?

I resubbed today only one account to give the inventory fix a try, i had a good time with friends, except the part in station and looting wrecks, which was extremely unpleasant. It s easier to kill a machariel on gate than to find stuff in corp hangar to give to gang members.

New inventory STILL sucks?!

Eve is now like a very nice sportscar with the steering wheel under the seat.

The salesman dared to tell me i would adapt to it.
Malango
A.D.I
#591 - 2012-06-03 21:03:13 UTC
The new interface is terrible!

I want my item and ship buttons back! :(
Len Ross
Doomheim
#592 - 2012-06-03 21:23:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Len Ross
Tobiaz wrote:
+1

I like the new Unified Inventory, but removing quickbuttons to ships, and corp hangar is bad.

This and speed it up a bit. it's painfully slow.
+1
Dorna Loone
Dark Star Demolition
#593 - 2012-06-03 22:00:01 UTC
The new system adds absolutely nothing for me and i'm finding it to be 100% negative. Yes please, please, please bring back the single-button access to (tabbed) Corp Hangars and the Corp Deliveries.
Also let me double-click on a can in there to open it again instead of having to go and search for the damn thing!
I don't need the bigger inventory windows with 2 lines for an 'Item Count' and (pretty useless) 'Value' . Dump the 'Value' and, if you must, find room for the 'Item Count' on the bar at the top. Just don't make an extra line!
The new inventory system is actually the nearest to rage quit that I've been in a long, long time I find it so painfull to use.

El Geo
Warcrows
The Ascendants
#594 - 2012-06-04 13:01:33 UTC
also, the quick access buttons, you dont make things ruddy easier by removing them for christs sake (the delivery button for example)
Race Drones
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#595 - 2012-06-04 16:07:14 UTC
+1

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.

The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.

All is in "The Matrix".

See Beyond the Obvious.

Ad'Hakim Tahous
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#596 - 2012-06-04 16:57:27 UTC
+1

STILL a barrier to game play.
Captain' Jack Sparrow
#597 - 2012-06-04 23:26:47 UTC
In all honesty, I have had such a range of feelings from this latest release.

1. Crucible, and the Inferno pre-release had many great features - so at first I was EXCITED!

2. Inferno, and it's horrific unified inventory made me CONFUSED.

3. Continued use of the new inventory system made me FRUSTRATED.

4. Trying to "get used to it" as CCP suggested, made me ANNOYED.

5. CCP's acknowledgement of the new inventory's problems - and their promises to fix them made me HOPEFUL.

6. CCP's failure to realize the true problems with the new system made me AMAZED.

7. CCP's persistence on jamming this crappy system down our throats made me ANGRY.

8. The realization that CCP does not really listen to it's player base, and plans to do whatever *they* like, made me DISAPPOINTED.

9. The length of time this has been going on has made me SHOCKED.

10. The fact that I don't enjoy playing EVE as much anymore because of this, now makes me SAD.

CCP: PLEASE take a moment and reflect on the big picture. You have broken something that didn't need fixing, and now have created more problems as a result.

By your own admission (by issuing "patches" to the inventory system) you KNOW it isn't good.

PLEASE save yourself the time and trouble and do what makes sense: Go back to what worked in the first place.

MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#598 - 2012-06-04 23:36:35 UTC  |  Edited by: MadMuppet
16 days until the sub runs out. I'm tired of having to double check what each ship has. I'm tired of shift clicking crap open. I'm tried of looting and salvaging and trying to remember to shift+double-click if I am close enough to the target, but hit approach and then shift-double-click otherwise it might not open... or it'll open in the cargo window, sorry INVENTORY window, instead.

The tree needs to be separate and optional.

I can honestly say that I have been trying, but this is just a mess. I am not saving any time, I am not enjoying the game more. I am not having a better playing experience. I am not ending my gaming session happy or feeling entertained. The captain's quarters were less annoying than this by a long shot.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

nomlet
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#599 - 2012-06-05 00:00:09 UTC
+1
Kage Toshimado
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#600 - 2012-06-05 00:09:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Kage Toshimado
BRING...BACK...THE...OLD...INVENTORY...SHIP...HANGER...SYSTEM

Nice and slow for you CCP. This new UI SUCKS!!! Evil

Does anyone else but me keep accidentally hitting the undock button every time they want to change their ship?!?! Ugh