These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

hello eve

Author
NeRonimo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-06-04 10:01:58 UTC
well its been over 4 years since i last played this game. first time i never really understood what i was doing and didnt have the time to really get into the game. So here is my second attempt now i have more time on my hands. i logged in and was completely lost haha. so ive flown back to starter system and im going through all the tutorials again. need to find out what i enjoy doing in this game. im big on fighting other ppl but i really dont think im good enough to handle any of that. im more likely to get ship blown up. So does anyone have any tips and things i can do to help me get back on track?
Louis deGuerre
The Dark Tribe
#2 - 2012-06-04 10:04:17 UTC
My best advice is not to worry about getting blown up as you WILL get blown up. Focus on blowing up the other chap Twisted

Do the tutorials. All of them. Then do the sister of eve epic arc. Then think about what you find interesting and explore the possibilities.
profundus fossura
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2012-06-04 11:39:26 UTC
If your interested in fighting other players would recommend doing all the tutorials even the industry ones as they'll give you a load of free stuff and the sisters of eve epic arc you get referred to pays very well for a new player, would then recommend grinding a missions until you get an income that will support regular frigate/destroyer class losses, look for a PvP corp or give Red Vs Blue a try they elcome new players and it's an easy way to get PvP practice.
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#4 - 2012-06-04 12:51:27 UTC
Getting blown up is half the fun though P

And, as others have said, doing the tutorials is a great place to start, but the best thing you can do (once you have figured out the controls) is get out there and just do some stuff. Sure, you might lose a few ships, but as long as you have fun doing it, it's all good.

You can get some pretty cheap PvP ships which will let you just dive into things without worrying about losing the ship. It's more fun to say, "I don't really care about losing this 700k ISK ship, lets charge in" than "Eh, I'm scared I might lose my 100M ISK ship, I'll just stay home and not go looking for a fight today" (prices vary depending on your income, of course).

Also, remember that bigger isn't always better. Even a tiny T1 tackle frig can hold a carrier or dread in place for long enough for the rest of your fleet to show up and kill it. When it comes to fleet fighting, even a newb in a tackle frigate contributes (and they're important too, because the older players are often more interested in bringing DPS than fast tackle).
Lyric Lahnder
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-06-04 17:19:10 UTC
Yeah learning the ropes from eve uni or RVB will help you get into the social aspects of eve which will teach you the most and keep you interested.

Noir. and Noir Academy are recruiting apply at www.noirmercs.com I Noir Academy: 60 days old must be able to fly at least one tech II frigate. I Noir. Recruits: 4:1 k/d ratio and can fly tech II cruisers.