These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP Anounces New Destoyers and Mining Ships

Author
Emiko Luan
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-04-08 22:00:52 UTC
mr Epeen, the rorqual doesn't mine, if you enjoy mining, a non mining ship isn't an upgrade. It's like saying suicide gankers should look forward to being orca pilots because they help with the ganking.

This will be interesting..

+welcome to my world+ http://emikochan13.wordpress.com http://emikochan13.deviantart.com

Falcon Tastic
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-04-08 22:07:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Falcon Tastic
The racial mining frigates/cruisers are ok as they are, hell the Osprey is great for mining (until you get a retriever).

I would like to see a tank miner. Less efficent than a hulk but able to withstand some dps.
Severian Carnifex
#23 - 2012-04-08 22:16:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Severian Carnifex
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
Shouldn't you all like new miner ships so you can just suicide gank them with 1 light drone? If they continue the paper thin hulls on mining barges scaling downward, they should have about 38 EHP. You'll have to fight off the other gangs of real pvpers extracting 'tears' of the 3 hour old players though, so maybe that's why you're upset?

I hope CCP is not that blind.
If they were before, i hope they gave a visit to a good opthamologist in the mean time.

@ CCP:
Your design of ORE ships is garbage.
Aluminum foil can can not fly in space.
Riyal
invidious Squid
#24 - 2012-04-08 23:12:15 UTC
I too wonder if this will be the end of the racial mining ships. They were useful before the mining barge line was added, now they're outdated and underused.

It will be interesting to see what the hulls will be used for if this is the case.

In hindsight my post should have had more psssshhhh

Shukuzen Kiraa
F4G Wild Weasel
#25 - 2012-04-08 23:17:54 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Shukuzen Kiraa wrote:
Day 1 ore mining ship... Mining needs ships to train for beyond the Hulk. If you specialize a character in mining...you're done in 2 months ship wise...

Three things:

1) Rorqual

2) Two months training makes you gank bait as a Hulk driver. A year makes you a good miner.

3) Rorqual

Mr Epeen Cool

Even the Rorqual doesn't take that long to train for, but that is not a mining ship. Its a support ship. I am referring to ships that actually mine. :)
It would just be nice to see a good variety in actual mining ships like you have with combat oriented ones. Perhaps something along the lines of an ORE mining frigate/cruiser. Then you have your barges and exhumers, then after that perhaps battleship size mining ships, followed by dread sized vessels. Hell maybe even supercapital mining ships?
I know I for one would get back into mining if I had more of a variety of ships to train for. Variety is always good.
George Whitebread
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#26 - 2012-06-03 12:43:12 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
lol new mining frigs. Way to fail CCP. what a waste of dev time.

Why? One of the few lacklusters of EVE Online have always been to generate enjoyment and immersion early on for newer players. I'm a teacher at an upper secondary school, and I have recommended this game to many of my "gamer" students. Unfortunately, most of them quit after a few days because they can't recognize what this game really is about early enough in their EVE career not to lose interest.

By taking the mining frigates out of the jungle of all other T1 frigates, it will be easier to recognize this particular career path for brand new players. I think it's a good idea.

"I say what I like, and I like what I bloody well say" - George Whitebread

Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#27 - 2012-06-03 13:04:19 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
lol new mining frigs. Way to fail CCP. what a waste of dev time.

Esp. considering that there aren't that many miners left.

INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#28 - 2012-06-03 13:05:09 UTC
Shukuzen Kiraa wrote:

Even the Rorqual doesn't take that long to train for,

You obviously have not a clue what you are talking about.

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2012-06-03 13:12:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Richard Desturned
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor wrote:
Shukuzen Kiraa wrote:

It doesn't take that long at all unless you plan on using it to siege up and give bonuses.

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

MR DEMOS
DKL Fringe Division
3 Jackals
#30 - 2012-06-03 13:24:54 UTC
Hahahahaha Yeah more **** to Blow up in high sec .... WTF are the bonuses on the osprey and other like minded Crusiers for ..... Honestly fricking stupid idea... Way togo CCP another hand full of crap ....Evil
Kreeia Dgore
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-06-03 13:32:43 UTC
None of this stuff didn't even make it to the game so far and PvP monkeys are crying already?
If nothing else happens, the winter expansion already fulfilled its purpose. Way to go!
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#32 - 2012-06-03 13:44:30 UTC
New mining ships, why? Just give 150 more CPU to the Rokh and get rid of those silly exhumer flying bullseyes.
Linna Excel
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2012-06-03 13:51:17 UTC
Whoa, threadomancy.

Anyways, I hope the new mining frigs will come with a fittings and tut encouraging players to tank the things.
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#34 - 2012-06-03 13:51:48 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Shukuzen Kiraa wrote:

It doesn't take that long at all unless you plan on using it to siege up and give bonuses.

Ah a clueless goon blathering nonsense. Imagine that.

Alia Gon'die
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#35 - 2012-06-03 13:55:58 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Shukuzen Kiraa wrote:

He's talking about getting into the hull, which it really doesn't take all that long, I should know.

Self-appointed forums hallway monitor Ask me about La Maison and what it means for you! http://bit.ly/LTW5gW These wardec rules are not in place for our protection. They're in place for yours.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#36 - 2012-06-03 13:57:22 UTC
In before James 315 posts some more mein kamps stuff about how evil are 3 days old players and we MUST impose them the Final Solution as they undock. Or before that.
Diesel47
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#37 - 2012-06-03 13:59:25 UTC
Shukuzen Kiraa wrote:
Day 1 ore mining ship... Mining needs ships to train for beyond the Hulk. If you specialize a character in mining...you're done in 2 months ship wise...but if you are combat oriented...you literally have years of training to do.

Good interview though, thx for sharing it!

Because CCP does not consider Mining to be a long-term career choice in EvE.

It is the Miners that insist that Mining all day is a valid playstyle.

CCP intends you to learn mining and do it when you aren't doing other eve activities. I'm sure they are surprised how people can dedicate their entire eve experience to just mining.

The fact that there is such little to train and literally NO changes to mining in the past decade support this.
Selinate
#38 - 2012-06-03 14:01:29 UTC
the activity of mining itself needs to be made less MMO-ified and more active. More ships aren't needed.
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#39 - 2012-06-03 14:02:17 UTC
Alia Gon'die wrote:

He's talking about getting into the hull, which it really doesn't take all that long, I should know.

90 days minimum. It's all relative. But then you may as well be in a car up on blocks for all it's worth at that point.

Lord Helghast
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-06-03 14:02:26 UTC
have to agree here, adding a midway ore vessel is useless, retrievers and covetors are the midway to a hulk, what we need is something for miners to train towards after they get a hulk, after 2-3 months your basically done with your mining alt its stupid