These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Returning player -- What would you do?

Author
kaoscwby
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-06-03 07:04:35 UTC
So, its been about a year from the last time I "came back to EvE then quit" and I am going to give this game one more shot. Although what I am thinking of is a pretty radical way of doing it. Anyways I have always leaned toward the PvP/PvE aspects of EvE and never really tried anything indy or science related. My current character is sitting at about 50+ mil SP all devoted towards PvP and PvE.

So here is what I am thinking of doing and the question i need answered. Would it be better to make a career change now and start learning nothing but indy OR sell/trade my character and buy a fully developed indy toon. I'm not really doing this for money but more so just a change of game play. I am currently sitting on 1.3 bil liquid isk with about 500-700 mil worth of assets if I melted them down. I'm not sure the first option is the best due to the fact that I might get bored again before I train the base skills to do what I want(mining, ship building, PI, research, ect). Then again the with the second option I'll have the skills to do what I want but I won't have the "Skills" to use them. (also I honestly don't want an alt on another account. Would like to just use 1 account)

Any advice?
Spikeflach
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-06-03 07:51:44 UTC
There is alot of Hatred toward the miners of eve these days. You are probably best off taking on PvE aspects of missions or whatever instead of Mining for now, especially if you are more combat oriented than industry oriented.
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-06-03 08:13:54 UTC
Keep the account and train it more until you figure out what you actually want to do. Once you've figured that out, sell the character and buy a more focused one in the Character Bazaar.

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Ituhata Saken
Killboard Padding Services
#4 - 2012-06-03 08:17:12 UTC
I was not aware the IAC still existed! Hello from an old Vanguard member. P

And yeah, if you can sell that toon and buy a different one for an even trade, I'd go that route. I'm training up a new toon and its kinda depressing. Lol

So close...

sweetrock
#5 - 2012-06-03 08:33:37 UTC
Personaly, id go down to your local game store. Stand in the middle. close your eyes, spin around 3 times then spit. I can almost garentee what ever you hit will be a better more fun game then eve at the moment!
Vito Antonio
Doomheim
#6 - 2012-06-03 08:37:18 UTC
sweetrock wrote:
Personaly, id go down to your local game store. Stand in the middle. close your eyes, spin around 3 times then spit. I can almost garentee what ever you hit will be a better more fun game then eve at the moment!

ccp tends to delete posts like this Big smile
lanyaie
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#7 - 2012-06-03 08:41:57 UTC
Buy my hulkageddon license pass, you can freely mine without being shot down.

Spaceprincess

People who put passwords on char bazaar Eveboards are the worst.

Solstice Project
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-06-03 08:49:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Solstice Project
Be creative.
Every time you do something, ask yourself how many others are doing it.

Then stop doing it and find something better.

Most people don't see beyond "running missions", "mining", "exploration", ...

Or, not only be creative ... but also smart.
Don't "want" to do something ... just cruise and let something happen.

Treat the game as the sandbox that it is, with thousands of opportunities.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#9 - 2012-06-03 08:59:05 UTC
I hear mining's a popular way to make ISK this time of year. Pirate

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

kaoscwby
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-06-03 20:07:42 UTC
well thank you all for the colorful and interesting replies. Feels like I'm home haha. Anyways why are miners getting such a bad rap? Are you talking about hulkaggedon or something else?
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#11 - 2012-06-03 20:09:41 UTC
sweetrock wrote:

This.

sweetrock
#12 - 2012-06-03 20:11:01 UTC
Well long story short, someone high up in goons made a ass of himself at fanfest, got banned, got angry and made hulkageddon a permiment thing. so mineing in highsec as it is is not recomended. nor will it be for a long time
kaoscwby
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2012-06-03 20:15:00 UTC
sweetrock wrote:
Well long story short, someone high up in goons made a ass of himself at fanfest, got banned, got angry and made hulkageddon a permiment thing. so mineing in highsec as it is is not recomended. nor will it be for a long time

lol wow really... Is there a thread behind this or maybe even a video?
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#14 - 2012-06-03 20:42:18 UTC
kaoscwby wrote:
sweetrock wrote:

lol wow really... Is there a thread behind this or maybe even a video?

There are many threads and there is a video, and I would dispute the accuracy of that analysis, given that HAG is right in line with the Ice Interdictions the GSF has sponsored this past 6 months.

http://jestertrek.blogspot.com/2012/03/hats.html

Here's a good analysis.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon