These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

New Tempest concept, for the funsies!

Author
Christopher AET
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2012-06-02 18:47:49 UTC
Kratisto wrote:
I like the direction. I feel the Tempest is supposed to be more agile than a Mael, however, and therefore needs to be slimmed down a bit.

It is indeed. I remember running nanopest gangs back in my White Noise days. A lot of fun. Though perhaps rendered a little obsolete with the introduction of the Tornado. Still a ship I like.

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2012-06-02 23:16:03 UTC
Yerik Locke wrote:
I tried to preserve as much as the rust as possible, but I wanted it to be able to handle a good egging. Those damned teenagers, I tell ye'.

Anyway, I felt like I wanted to pick a ship to redesign, and here's what came out. I'm really interested in design philosophy [of all the races, actually. And of non-Eve things as well,] and trying to preserve the "feel" of a certain aesthetic, whilst creating something new with it, or recreating something old. It's basically what I do all the time anyway, so the fact that it interests me here isn't too surprising.

So, have a look-see! I'm heading right to bed after this, but comments/criticisms are welcome, obviously. Thanks :)

http://imgur.com/c1m1W

wait, this is the new minmatar noob ship, rite? Blink

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118961

EvE = Everybody Vs. Everybody

• Qolde
Yerik Locke
Silver.
#23 - 2012-06-02 23:17:22 UTC
Depends on how you look at it. ;D
Oberine Noriepa
#24 - 2012-06-03 03:40:22 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:

Wow. That's very nice!

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2012-06-03 05:59:09 UTC
Did you glue the tempest's fins onto a Drake

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#26 - 2012-06-03 06:41:50 UTC
I like it. Gritty and dark, everything Minnies should be. I like that the fins look a bit more stable than they are now, especially given the backstory of the firepower of ships in Eve. Was always my biggest beef with those things.

As to the other one, Axians, yeah its cleaner and nicer and would make a GREAT model for either lego or plastic but loses the darkness in the translation imo which for Minnie is a big deal. So from a cosmetic or manufacturing standpoint itd be easier to mass produce as a model, still gets the point across and is a good model but doesnt have the darkness to it.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#27 - 2012-06-03 10:35:42 UTC
I like the new republic style, reminds me of space sharks with armor plates trying to contain the rage within, just like heh vygur from homeworld 2.

Something that you wouldnt disregard as fourth rate quality. The minmatar are done running away its time for them to put together machines of revenge.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2012-06-03 14:12:46 UTC
Solhild wrote:
[quote=Sobaan Tali]The basic Tempest still needs an update beyond t3 alone.

So does the Vaga.
Previous page12