These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

LP Ship turn in

Author
Hadranius Hawknor
Wolf Pack Incorporated.
#1 - 2012-05-29 20:04:53 UTC
Hey all,
I've been searching for an answer to this question for a while now and I can't seem to find one.

Say I'm running missions in my Apocalypse and I have enough LP to upgrade it to a Navy Issue. Does the Ship I turn in have to be packaged? And if not, will the rigs in the ship transfer to the Navy issue?
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-05-29 20:23:44 UTC
It does need to be packaged.
Murashu
Dead and Delirious
Pandemic Horde
#3 - 2012-05-29 20:25:26 UTC
I'm fairly certain you need a repackaged ship for the turn-in which will give you a packaged ship in exchange.
Caleidascope
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-05-29 22:02:21 UTC
Murashu wrote:
I'm fairly certain you need a repackaged ship for the turn-in which will give you a packaged ship in exchange.

+1

Repackage ship. Loose the rigs. Turn in. Get faction ship, assemble faction ship.

Life is short and dinner time is chancy

Eat dessert first!

Gianath
Gallentian Legitimate Businessmen
#5 - 2012-05-30 02:28:27 UTC
Price it out first if you aren't in a big hurry. You may be able to save a few million by selling your rigged ship on contracts and buying an unrigged one to turn in, recouping the price for the rigs in the process.
Har Harrison
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2012-05-30 03:01:45 UTC
The idea is you turn in a clean hull (i.e. packaged - all mods and rigs removed).

The most common approach would be to get a new hull, heep the old one and trade the new one in for the navy version and sell it for ISK or use it instead and keep the old one for backup. Large rigs aren't exactly cheap to just destroy by repackaging!!!

Lucas41
SOMACOM
#7 - 2012-05-30 05:50:41 UTC
Har Harrison wrote:
The idea is you turn in a clean hull (i.e. packaged - all mods and rigs removed).

The most common approach would be to get a new hull, heep the old one and trade the new one in for the navy version and sell it for ISK or use it instead and keep the old one for backup. Large rigs aren't exactly cheap to just destroy by repackaging!!!

This. Just my personal opinion
Anya Ohaya
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-06-01 09:28:22 UTC
Better yet, forget about the navy Apoc and find some items with a better LP to ISK conversion rate.

Then if you want a Navy Apoc for yourself, buy one, and you'll have enough ISK left over to fit it out.
Gorki Andropov
I Dn't Knw Wht You Wnt Bt I Cn't Gve It Anymre
#9 - 2012-06-02 15:24:30 UTC
Don't bother getting the ship from the LP store - terrible conversion ratio, unless you have millions of points to burn. Just get it from the market instead.