These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

reduce high security empire space

Author
killorbekilled TBE
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-06-01 18:11:04 UTC  |  Edited by: killorbekilled TBE
so with all the empire care bears packing there bags and skipping into the sunset for a better life filled with happiness and tranquility is it time for ccp to reduce high security empire space borders?

or what ever side of the coin you look at it increase the boundaries of low security.

This new change would come in light of concord not being able to protect its own empire dwelling citizens and there for reducing security status of 50% of 0.5 systems to 0.4 systems

This could be tied into a new eve era and story line, there could be a you tube movie, hats, lunch box's everything

in summary

more low sec
more pvp
more back story
more immersive game play

less high sec
less boring ness
less single player mode

in light of what has happened in the last month or so the players are creating a story and would be a shame to ignore it.

:)

Par'Gellen
#2 - 2012-06-01 18:11:42 UTC
1/10

"To err is human", but it shouldn't be the company motto...

Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-06-01 18:16:31 UTC
Quote:
less single player mode

Find this amazing, simply because pvp guys have alts that have alts. More interaction with.....yourself.

Please by all means go ahead and suggest things like these, im interested to see what eve becomes. Apparently a really healthy mmo sandbox that fills the niche for it's playerbase.
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#4 - 2012-06-01 18:19:58 UTC
/yawn

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Spineker
#5 - 2012-06-01 18:21:16 UTC
Not even a good troll worst on the board right now. Try to be original or something
Price Check Aisle3
#6 - 2012-06-01 18:21:52 UTC
More low-sec would be awesome. +1
  • Karl Hobb IATS
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2012-06-01 18:24:37 UTC
300,000+ subscribers and I have seen what... 5-7 quit threads.
Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2012-06-01 18:30:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiteo Hatto
Marlona Sky wrote:
300,000+ subscribers and I have seen what... 5-7 quit threads.

I'd like to know how many of those 300k are:
- still logging on
- have an alt
- have multiple alts

Having an alt is more than likely, so you are probably looking at what...150k actual people(best case) ?

Given the case of forum dwellers being 5% of the population, 7 threads is actually quite a lot for this 5%, more over they all had alts.(be it truth or not, i don't know)
EnslaverOfMinmatar
You gonna get aped
#9 - 2012-06-01 18:31:48 UTC
Change the highsec systems that connect Amarr-minmatard and ghaylente-Caldari to 0.4

Every EVE player must read this http://www.eveonline.com/background/potw/default.asp?cid=29-01-07

Tomcio FromFarAway
Singularity's Edge
#10 - 2012-06-01 18:32:50 UTC
Price Check Aisle3 wrote:
More low-sec would be awesome. +1

Yes definitely. It's not like MOST of the current lowsec is emptyRoll
Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-06-01 18:32:57 UTC
EnslaverOfMinmatar wrote:
Change the highsec systems that connect Amarr-minmatard and ghaylente-Caldari to 0.4

Bad idea, people would never leave their starting area and those 0.4s will be camped to HELL.
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2012-06-01 18:53:03 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
EnslaverOfMinmatar wrote:

Bad idea, people would never leave their starting area and those 0.4s will be camped to HELL.

while i agree high-security space sucks, im afraid im going to ahve to agree with this gentlemen on the "border high with lows" idea, as it would make it near impossible for traders to operate outside of 1 trade hub, and any noob on his epic arc quests or whicher noob missions it was that made you go all around the universe, they would be killed REPEATEDLY.
Price Check Aisle3
#13 - 2012-06-01 19:11:58 UTC
Tomcio FromFarAway wrote:

Exactly. Pack high-sec dwellers in even tighter. Makes it easier to cull the herd.
  • Karl Hobb IATS
Spineker
#14 - 2012-06-01 19:13:43 UTC
Remove empty wasteful low-sec completely. Deserted wasteland that can be plundered without fear of even seeing another ship most of the time. Redundant and boring, need more highsec space and PVE stuff.
Roisin Saoirse
Doomheim
#15 - 2012-06-01 19:18:24 UTC

Exactly. Pack high-sec dwellers in even tighter. Makes it easier to cull the herd.

Spoken like a true forum warrior Jita alt. I for one value your opinion.
Roisin Saoirse
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-06-01 19:20:29 UTC
Spineker wrote:
Remove empty wasteful low-sec completely. Deserted wasteland that can be plundered without fear of even seeing another ship most of the time. Redundant and boring, need more highsec space and PVE stuff.

There's plenty of highsec, even a fair few highsec systems are low population because they're dead end or just underdeveloped (no stations, low quality agents etc.).

If any region of space was to be expanded, I'd rather there be more nullsec tbh.
Price Check Aisle3
#17 - 2012-06-01 19:21:29 UTC
Roisin Saoirse wrote:

Spoken like a true forum warrior Jita alt. I for one value your opinion.

Thank you. I, too, value the opinion of forum alts like you.
  • Karl Hobb IATS
Roisin Saoirse
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-06-01 19:31:34 UTC

Touché, although tbh the reason for this alt is because I don't want my asshattery to bite the recipient of my mains after the character transfers have gone through. Lol
Spineker
#19 - 2012-06-01 19:40:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Spineker
Roisin Saoirse wrote:
Spineker wrote:

There's plenty of highsec, even a fair few highsec systems are low population because they're dead end or just underdeveloped (no stations, low quality agents etc.).

If any region of space was to be expanded, I'd rather there be more nullsec tbh.

No we need more fun stuff. Nothing Fun in NullSec space at all, just a bunch of Cronyism Elitist Epeening and slaving for dumb CEO's that are scamming you. Only fools live in Null space and only assbackwards Devs that is CCP cater to them any other company would ignore them mostly.
Price Check Aisle3
#20 - 2012-06-01 19:42:24 UTC
Roisin Saoirse wrote:

Touché, although tbh the reason for this alt is because I don't want my asshattery to bite the recipient of my mains after the character transfers have gone through. Lol

My main is forum banned. Sad
  • Karl Hobb IATS
12Next page