These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Vote Yes on "Removing Local from 0.0"

First post
Author
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-06-01 05:11:06 UTC
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:

let's not forget how creepy you were for issler dainze a few months back

never forget
Chunicha
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#22 - 2012-06-01 05:12:31 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Chunicha wrote:
Posting in a thread created by an idiot who doesnt realize removing local from 0.0 would make it essentially the same as W-space Roll

I, too, enjoy killing variety and gameplay options in my sandbox.

0.0 without Local is nothing like Wormhole space go read the whole argument thread it was brought up several times and shot down in flames by different people.

0.0 NPC without local would be exactly like w-space with the only exception being that the belts would have rats. There is a reason why CCP doesnt listen to the tunnel-vision idiots such as yourself, they have a bigger picture of things, and realize that creating the same circumstances in 0.0 NPC that exist in w-space would kill off an entire aspect of gameplay having nothing to do with 0.0. You should think these things through before spewing your mental diarrhea onto the forums.
Frying Doom
#23 - 2012-06-01 05:13:29 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:

never forget

Yeah for my next amazing trick I might even try to get a member of Goonwarm to finish an entire term on the CSM. Lol

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#24 - 2012-06-01 05:20:22 UTC
Chunicha wrote:

0.0 NPC without local would be exactly like w-space with the only exception being that the belts would have rats.

Clearly someone who has never even been to WH space.
Frying Doom
#25 - 2012-06-01 05:23:52 UTC
Chunicha wrote:
There is a reason why CCP doesnt listen to the tunnel-vision idiots such as yourself, they have a bigger picture of things

A bigger picture of things like when they released Incarna?

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#26 - 2012-06-01 05:31:10 UTC
Xorv wrote:
Chunicha wrote:

0.0 NPC without local would be exactly like w-space with the only exception being that the belts would have rats.

You're clearly someone who has never left hisec

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#27 - 2012-06-01 05:31:58 UTC
Frying Doom you should stop posting about 0.0 and concern yourself with your mining/l4s

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#28 - 2012-06-01 05:34:34 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xorv wrote:
Chunicha wrote:

Oh ho, but have they been in WHs?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Strange Shadow
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2012-06-01 05:45:47 UTC
Nullsec already pays for local's intel with Sov bills.

Requesting removal of local in highsec instead, they didnt paid for it and they have concord already. Its used for jita scamming only anyway.

Pls vote for removing highsec local, that would attract more people to null.
Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#30 - 2012-06-01 05:48:01 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Xorv wrote:
Chunicha wrote:

Why do you say that? ..and do you also think that the only thing distinguishing Wormhole Space and NPC Null Sec is Local and belt rats?
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#31 - 2012-06-01 06:08:59 UTC
Xorv wrote:
Why do you say that? ..and do you also think that the only thing distinguishing Wormhole Space and NPC Null Sec is Local and belt rats?

There are numerous other differences between nullsec and wormhole space, and those differences are why delayed local works in wormholes and why it'd be absolutely stupid in nullsec. Why don't you go to a wormhole if you love delayed local so much?

Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2012-06-01 06:13:59 UTC
one of the differences is that this doesn't show up on top of you in a wormhole

Frying Doom
#33 - 2012-06-01 06:23:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Frying Doom
Strange Shadow wrote:
Nullsec already pays for local's intel with Sov bills.

Requesting removal of local in highsec instead, they didnt paid for it and they have concord already. Its used for jita scamming only anyway.

Pls vote for removing highsec local, that would attract more people to null.

The argument is very simple

Empire is space controlled by empires with trillions of citizens, these empires can make skill books, bpos and so much more including the technology for local.

Sovereignty space is controlled by thousands of people only and is completely insignificant to an Empire. The easiest way to put this forward would be to say the upkeep of the local system in empire costs a fortune, higher than these fledgling Alliances can afford. Not to mention if you had technology like that would you just give it away?

Scatim Helicon
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-06-01 06:25:54 UTC
Frying Doom wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:

never forget

Yeah for my next amazing trick I might even try to get a member of Goonwarm to finish an entire term on the CSM. Lol

Like in CSM 1,2,3, and 4, you mean?

Every time you post a WiS thread, Hilmar strangles a kitten.

gobbybobby
Negative-Impact
#35 - 2012-06-01 06:27:04 UTC
I like the idea that the sov holder can customize how Local will work (delayed, instant, non)

but NPC-null sec should remain as it is today.
Bossy Lady
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#36 - 2012-06-01 06:31:04 UTC
Local in 0.0 should go...

...as soon as there is a reasonable replacement data gathering tool. (eg: a massively reworked D-SCAN)

Posting on this character because apparently some people get upset when they're asked difficult questions. M.

Asuka Solo
I N E X T R E M I S
Tactical Narcotics Team
#37 - 2012-06-01 06:36:44 UTC
No

Eve is about Capital ships, WiS, Boobs, PI and Isk!

Frying Doom
#38 - 2012-06-01 06:40:05 UTC
Scatim Helicon wrote:
Frying Doom wrote:
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:
RAP ACTION HERO wrote:

never forget

Like in CSM 1,2,3, and 4, you mean?

Oh you mean the very CSM's that where totted by the Goonswarm in the last CSM elections as useless and nothing more than a PR stunt.

Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2012-06-01 06:56:51 UTC
No.

Aside from the usual argument, removing local would significantly reduce the chance of engagement/fights and made it far harder to collect useful intel for fleet engagements and small gang roams. Fleet battles, small gang roams are some of the reasons people go to null in the first place.

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

Frying Doom
#40 - 2012-06-01 07:53:20 UTC
Sarah Schneider wrote:
No.

Aside from the usual argument, removing local would significantly reduce the chance of engagement/fights and made it far harder to collect useful intel for fleet engagements and small gang roams. Fleet battles, small gang roams are some of the reasons people go to null in the first place.

So your argument is keep it for the same reasons the population is so low atm. 0.0 should be so much more than easy Pvp.

EvE is not only a PvP game, strangely CCP decided to make other parts of the game like missions, mining, trading and so much more.