These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why don't minerbears just fly with logi?

Author
Wilma Lawson
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#281 - 2012-06-01 02:11:03 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

Since you're actually trying, I'll give you a tip. A repper will do nothing to foil a gank attempt. Your best bet is to go for straight buffer.

Yes, a buffer. Of course, good thought. Keep up the good work. Remember the buffer, because that's exactly what you are.
Miss Yanumano
Cadence Industrial Syndicate
#282 - 2012-06-01 02:14:04 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Nope. Tanked hulks cannot be killed by a solo catalyst in a suicide gank anywhere.

Untanked Hulks can be killed by solo catalysts all day long.

Concord response time is 30 seconds in if you know what you're doing.
T2 fit Catalyst does 700 dps.

That's enough time to destroy Hulk with 20k EHP.

Sad but true.

If you're in 0.5 rated space you say, just the step above "low security" space, it's even noted to be of yellow color to indicate it's security rating, which from the normal scheme of "green/blue = safer", might indicate lower security, shocking isn't it, that the police would perhaps have a slower response time there?

May I suggest bringing a friend or a second account? In perhaps a blackbird to jam gallente, or an osprey to remote shield transport you?

Otherwise I might just have to chalk it up to the fact you took a chance, a risk if you may, when you parked your unaligned semi AFK hulk with no support into lower security space, and then promptly got punished for not being active enough, or not properly setup for the task at hand?
Wilma Lawson
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#283 - 2012-06-01 02:14:14 UTC
Roime wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

But real question is: Is there enough bored Basilisk pilots to do this? Instead of helping boys on frontline?

Never underestimate the willpower of a person who insists on staying in hisec

wait

ok:

Never underestimate the sacrifices people are willing to make in order to stay in hisec

Never expect the hiseccer to do anything but whine on GD in order to do prosper in hisec. Yes, this one works.

Yes, yes, spread the hate. Deflect from what's happening, because you are a tool One day you will be crying tears into GD, recognizing how you were used.
Wilma Lawson
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#284 - 2012-06-01 02:16:10 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

If the reward you get for some activity is unacceptable for the risk or effort it takes, don't do that activity.

Yes, good. You speak well, and one day you will learn the truth to it. You are doing a very good job.
Miss Yanumano
#285 - 2012-06-01 02:17:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Miss Yanumano
Wilma Lawson wrote:
Roime wrote:
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

But real question is: Is there enough bored Basilisk pilots to do this? Instead of helping boys on frontline?

Never underestimate the willpower of a person who insists on staying in hisec

wait

ok:

Never underestimate the sacrifices people are willing to make in order to stay in hisec

Never expect the hiseccer to do anything but whine on GD in order to do prosper in hisec. Yes, this one works.

Yes, yes, spread the hate. Deflect from what's happening, because you are a tool One day you will be crying tears into GD, recognizing how you were used.

While I was jokingly mentioning Haldol and heavy opiates before, I might actually have to recommend you to try both, and perhaps contact your local physician to maintain your supply?

To quote a popular show currently running on TV "No, what he needs is tender, loving... medication, heavy medication."
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#286 - 2012-06-01 02:18:15 UTC
Selinate wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Selinate wrote:
Morganta wrote:
welp?

because most miner ganking is based on alpha, I assume...

It's not. Catalysts are fotm for ganking.

No they're not. Catalysts have been a long-time favorite for ganking. I remember hearing about it/seeing it when I first started playing Eve, which tbh was a long time ago... (longer than the age of this character)

In any case, catalysts can still be fitted for high alpha, and can get enough alpha to pop a hulk if you have 4 or so of them so I don't see how that disproves my point.

How in the world do you fit a Catalyst for alpha? Blasters have terrible alpha and Rails have worse. I'm assuming you actually know what alpha is.

The most alpha I can get from a catalyst is ~1000. An untanked Hulk has 6000 EHP, so 4 catalysts will not Alpha a Hulk.

Catalysts are for DPS ganks, not Alpha ganks. Tornadoes and Thrashers are for Alpha ganks.

Before the insurance nerf, Thoraxes and Brutixes were greatly preferred over catalysts for ganking exhumers because they were cheaper to lose than a Catalyst with equivalent DPS.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Wilma Lawson
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#287 - 2012-06-01 02:18:36 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

So far as I understand, most miners are people who have free will and the capacity to change their behavior (what ship you undock in is a behavior), so I don't see why they're having so much trouble with the idea that it may not be a good idea to be sitting in a belt when you have a bounty on your head.

Yes, they have free will. You, however, do not. I control you and so far you are doing well. One day you will wish you had free will.
Selinate
#288 - 2012-06-01 02:19:58 UTC
Miss Yanumano wrote:

May I suggest bringing a friend or a second account? In perhaps a blackbird to jam gallente, or an osprey to remote shield transport you?

Something is wrong when you start suggesting someone bring in a blackbird to jam gankers so that that person can... mine.... in highsec...
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#289 - 2012-06-01 02:22:49 UTC
Wilma Lawson wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

Since you're actually trying, I'll give you a tip. A repper will do nothing to foil a gank attempt. Your best bet is to go for straight buffer.

Yes, a buffer. Of course, good thought. Keep up the good work. Remember the buffer, because that's exactly what you are.

Oh, I get it, you're trying to play the cryptic wise man from the movies, the one who knows all the answers but won't give them out. Without a screenwriter writing your shit and without one scripting our responses, you simply sound like a bloviating idiot.

GSF has been pretty clear that they're making a pretty big profit every time an exhumer gets killed. Everybody knows exactly who's benefiting from Hulkageddon, and it's everybody except for the laziest miners and people who's income is in the form of fixed Isk.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Miss Yanumano
#290 - 2012-06-01 02:24:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Miss Yanumano
Selinate wrote:
Miss Yanumano wrote:

Something is wrong when you start suggesting someone bring in a blackbird to jam gankers so that that person can... mine.... in highsec...

One of many solutions to a problem that is far from unsolveable, there is no final solution in a game of chess.

edit: I've also heard rumours of easy to make BB/Osprey alts on 21 day trials, but surely no one would ever use those right, just like those 21d hauler alts that don't exist.

second edit: I've even heard that if you're very very crafty, you can get 51 days out of it!
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#291 - 2012-06-01 02:25:14 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Nope. Tanked hulks cannot be killed by a solo catalyst in a suicide gank anywhere.

Untanked Hulks can be killed by solo catalysts all day long.

Concord response time is 30 seconds in if you know what you're doing.
T2 fit Catalyst does 700 dps.

That's enough time to destroy Hulk with 20k EHP.

Sad but true.

T2 Catalyst is quite expensive for a suicide gank, 15m to get an average of a 10m Isk loot drop. A tanked Hulk also has has 30k EHP, not 20k, but we've been over this before. Every time we point out where you're wrong, you make up something new that's also wrong.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#292 - 2012-06-01 02:26:56 UTC
Selinate wrote:
Miss Yanumano wrote:

Mine in an ibis. You will be perfectly safe and you will be mining in highsec. There you go.

If you want more efficiency, expect to put some more effort into your game to do it to do safely.

Miss Yanumano
#293 - 2012-06-01 02:31:14 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Selinate wrote:
Miss Yanumano wrote:

Mine in an ibis. You will be perfectly safe and you will be mining in highsec. There you go.

If you want more efficiency, expect to put some more effort into your game to do it to do safely.

But no, I don't want to use a second account to do industrial stuff or scan down, hack, salvage and analyze sites in 0.0, just like these poor people shouldn't need a second account for perhaps some protection or contingency plans, no that would be wrong good sire, or *gasp* think of the efforts of having to do things in a group! I'd have to be social! *faints*
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#294 - 2012-06-01 02:31:27 UTC
Selinate wrote:

Yeah really! What is this, a multiplayer game or something?

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#295 - 2012-06-01 03:28:11 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
T2 Catalyst is quite expensive for a suicide gank, 15m to get an average of a 10m Isk loot drop. A tanked Hulk also has has 30k EHP, not 20k, but we've been over this before. Every time we point out where you're wrong, you make up something new that's also wrong.

Remove medium extender -> 20k-22k EHP.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#296 - 2012-06-01 03:49:20 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

Remove medium extender -> 20k-22k EHP.

Why in the world would you do that?

Being stupid is not a game balance problem.

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#297 - 2012-06-01 04:04:09 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

To get survey scanner in there.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#298 - 2012-06-01 04:08:32 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

To get survey scanner in there.

So you're sacrificing two-thirds of your tank for a survey scanner.

Again, stupidity is not a game balance problem.

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#299 - 2012-06-01 04:25:12 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:

It's useful module so you don't waste 2,5 minutes mining almost empty asteroid.

In nullsec everything is automated so it's scrap metal in there.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#300 - 2012-06-01 04:27:05 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:

It's useful module so you don't waste 2,5 minutes mining almost empty asteroid.

In nullsec everything is automated so it's scrap metal in there.

So you're intentionally CHOOSING to make your ship cost-efficient to gank in exchange for some little bit of convenience.