These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

How did you manage to break this?

Author
Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#1 - 2012-05-29 20:33:52 UTC
A couple months ago, you added a little jump button to stargates... so the ship would jump after warping there..
Amazing... amazing feature... I was so happy.. I spent 3 days just playing around with it.. No actually I did not but anyways..

Now it only works half the time because apparently :ccp:

I have no idea why some crap like this happens but it is annoying and I am kinda pissed off about it atm. I know we didn't even have it for the longest time, but now you make it, then everyone gets used to it and then your break it :trollface.jpg:

Sigh..

I should go do something else :3 I ahve never felt this close to breaking something while flying around with multiple chars.

Good ******* night everyone =S o/

:3
Alec Freeman
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2012-05-29 20:35:27 UTC
Flew a good 70 odd jumps yesterday and it didnt fail a single time. You sure your not accidently clicking Warp To 0?
Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2012-05-29 20:36:26 UTC
Works every time for me... you must be doing it wrong.

Stonking great **** btw Blink

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Forum Clone 77777
Doomheim
#4 - 2012-05-29 20:46:11 UTC
It sounds like you're rightclicking and selecting the Jump button, are you serious?

Theres this thing called the D button, you can press it down and click on any gate, itl make your ship automatically fly and jump, its also alot faster :yawn:
Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#5 - 2012-05-29 20:50:43 UTC
Forum Clone 77777 wrote:
It sounds like you're rightclicking and selecting the Jump button, are you serious?

Theres this thing called the D button, you can press it down and click on any gate, itl make your ship automatically fly and jump, its also alot faster :yawn:

Exactly this and it is not working half the time.

But le :effort: I am gonna go leave this alone now before I nerdraeg and break something.
AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#6 - 2012-05-29 20:52:43 UTC
All good here...

You sure you're pressing the correct command?

(This was a problem about a month ago. I hope it's not back.)
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-05-29 21:15:09 UTC
It does this to me sometimes when I'm flying cloaked. I get the "no jumping while cloaked" message a split second before the proximity to the gate decloaks me. Then I have to hit the jump button again.

Other than that, and running into a bubble, the jump button always works as advertised.
Sir John Halsey
#8 - 2012-05-29 21:16:19 UTC
Sometimes it happens to be a long delay in front of the gate before the jump ... i was pressing D, D, D, D and nothing happened for seconds even if i was in jump range.

Some other times my cov ops wouldn't jump throwing me with a nice Aura voice something like: can't jump you are cloaked while most of the time i have no problems jumping after being in warp cloaked.

Ydnari
Estrale Frontiers
#9 - 2012-05-29 21:44:50 UTC
It's noticably less reliable today.

--

Eternus8lux8lucis
Duckzer Mining Corporation
RAZOR Alliance
#10 - 2012-05-29 21:49:24 UTC
Only ever gotten this when running multiple clients. But yup same thing sometimes it doesnt work sometimes it does.

Seems with all the breakage its multiple clients that are being nerfed/hated upon lately. Why you might ask? Well if you have a few toons you HAVE to be a bot you see and its unfair advantage over others.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Skydell
Bad Girl Posse
Somethin Awfull Forums
#11 - 2012-05-29 21:53:30 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Only ever gotten this when running multiple clients. But yup same thing sometimes it doesnt work sometimes it does.

Seems with all the breakage its multiple clients that are being nerfed/hated upon lately. Why you might ask? Well if you have a few toons you HAVE to be a bot you see and its unfair advantage over others.

Don't make me bring on my 14 alts and meta troll you off the forums.
Xython
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-05-29 22:42:16 UTC
Click on gate.

Hit the D button.

Alt-tab and post on forums.
Kiandoshia
Likely Suspects
RAZOR Alliance
#13 - 2012-05-31 18:07:55 UTC
Multiple screens..

Seriously, there are still people in this game who do not have multiple screens? =p
Sarah Schneider
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-05-31 18:12:23 UTC
You're unable to jump because you're cloaked™

"I'd rather have other players get shot by other players than not interacting with others" -CCP Soundwave

sweetrock
#15 - 2012-05-31 18:13:45 UTC
Kiandoshia wrote:
Multiple screens..

Seriously, there are still people in this game who do not have multiple screens? =p

Yup, maybe we should start a charity for the less fortunate, single screen scrubs
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#16 - 2012-05-31 18:18:04 UTC
I've seen a bit of randomness with failing to jump because I was cloaked...most gates you get close enough to to be decloaked automatically before you jump...in a few cases though, this didn't happen, and I was just sitting there on the gate until my cloak went down, at which point I could jump manually.

Have things changed?
sweetrock
#17 - 2012-05-31 18:20:54 UTC
Ana Vyr wrote:
I've seen a bit of randomness with failing to jump because I was cloaked...most gates you get close enough to to be decloaked automatically before you jump...in a few cases though, this didn't happen, and I was just sitting there on the gate until my cloak went down, at which point I could jump manually.

Have things changed?

Nope games still buggy as ever
Cutout Man
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-05-31 18:22:28 UTC
It appears to happen when you select Jump (however you select it) and you land just short of the gate's activation range. While you can click the jump button again and it will move you towards the gate and then jump, for whatever reason it doesn't move you the last bit of distance automatically after landing.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#19 - 2012-05-31 18:26:06 UTC
you filed a bug describing how you are using this feature?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#20 - 2012-05-31 18:29:47 UTC
I tend to be clicky/twitchy.

I have found if I select the stat gate, click jump once and only once all is well.

If I click jump twice or more, I don't jump.

In other words, don't spam the jump or dock button!
12Next page