These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

You know what Eve Online needs... a good alien invasion!

Author
Oberine Noriepa
#21 - 2012-05-31 15:20:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Oberine Noriepa
No. One of the main reasons why I like EVE is because it focuses on humanity. Space is vast and seemingly infinite. The likelihood of encountering another spacefaring species is slim to none.

I think it would be really interesting to see what's on the other side of the EVE gate, though. I mean... something has to be there after all this time, right?

Ice Poljus
#22 - 2012-05-31 15:23:18 UTC
there is an obelisk thing from space odyssey film somewhere i think... if tht counts as alien
Darth Tickles
Doomheim
#23 - 2012-05-31 15:26:52 UTC
Where can we find canon lore on sleepers and jove?

I'm lazy and google wasn't instantly gratifying so I gave up.

Thanks.
Ice Poljus
#24 - 2012-05-31 15:30:24 UTC
Darth Tickles wrote:
Where can we find canon lore on sleepers and jove?

I'm lazy and google wasn't instantly gratifying so I gave up.

Thanks.

canon lore? that means official or what? well evelopedia has some but sleepers are basicly what jove are but sleepers went through wh's to a diff galaxy
B0rg Hakaari
Doomheim
#25 - 2012-05-31 15:33:19 UTC
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor wrote:
Unleash the Jove !

Period.

Joveian BS's travelling in waves through all of Null Sec, Unleashing hell (which they very well can do).

Cleanse this game, please.

+1

!!! EVE NEWS @ 11o'clock !!!

Jove Empire emerges out of Mittani's butthole and eradicates Boobswam .....More at eleven...
Quartzlight Evenstar Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#26 - 2012-05-31 16:23:35 UTC
B0rg Hakaari wrote:
Unleash the Jove !

Period.

Joveian BS's travelling in waves through all of Null Sec, Unleashing hell (which they very well can do).

Cleanse this game, please.

+1

!!! EVE NEWS @ 11o'clock !!!

Jove Empire emerges out of Mittani's butthole and eradicates Boobswam .....More at eleven...

I remember the Jove FRIGATE that crossed the galaxy with, what 200 jumps till finally caught. Made hash out of Empire BattleShips.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2012-05-31 16:30:33 UTC
I finally understand this movie INvasion of the Body SnatchersLolLol
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#28 - 2012-05-31 16:43:00 UTC
Just like what Battletech really needed was the Tetatae.
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#29 - 2012-05-31 16:53:23 UTC
Simetraz wrote:

Now that has a rather simple storyline.

What were you unable to Grok all this time ?

Bunnie Hop
Bunny Knights
#30 - 2012-05-31 16:56:26 UTC
Not a bad idea really. Since Null sec players seem a bit bored or restless perhaps some alien incursions into null sec would liven things up for them.
Calfis
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#31 - 2012-05-31 17:04:49 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:
Not a bad idea really. Since Null sec players seem a bit bored or restless perhaps some alien incursions into null sec would liven things up for them.

We would win. Easily.
Korsiri
Defying Vision
#32 - 2012-05-31 17:40:28 UTC
I find most of the 'humans' alien enough in this game, thanks ;)
Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#33 - 2012-05-31 17:43:24 UTC
Eyup Mi'duck wrote:
My idea: a drone invasion! Lots of AI ships invading empire space, with loot that yields a lot of high-end minerals. Big smile

lol funny

TAL

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2012-05-31 17:44:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Simetraz wrote:

Now that has a rather simple storyline.

What were you unable to Grok all this time ?

Listen to the trailer carefully and you could say it has a hidden meaning in it.
Well if you listen and think they are talking about EVE.
Have fun .
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#35 - 2012-05-31 17:51:23 UTC
Bunnie Hop wrote:

Incursions, you say?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#36 - 2012-05-31 18:07:05 UTC
It sounds like fun, but there's always been a lot of resistance to the idea of non-human invaders, and NPC invaders in general. I guess the Incursions are what we'd kinda get.

A new player race (aliens) might be interesting too...but again this idea never seems to win much support around here. You'd think an actual roleplaying reason to gank our ships would have some traction, though.

Perhaps CCP just thinks they have enough to deal with the way things stand?
Andrea Griffin
#37 - 2012-05-31 18:28:52 UTC
highonpop wrote:
Incursions?
The problem with Incursions is that they can basically be ignored. You have to go to an Incursion site to be involved.

It would be much fun to have strong NPC fleets attack players at gates, stations, and towers (especially towers in Wormholes - imagine some 40-ship Sleeper fleet with cap support coming to attack your tower). Places where players tend to congregate, not just asteroid belts and mission sites. Fleets that will escalate in size depending on how many players get involved in attacking it.
INLAND EMPIRE Operations
#38 - 2012-05-31 18:43:21 UTC
Simetraz wrote:

Listen to the trailer carefully and you could say it has a hidden meaning in it.
Have fun .

Not seeing it. But that was a fun nostalgia trip. Saw the movie in theater in 1978 with my dad. Those 'alien trees' in front of City Hall San Francisco are sycamores.....they are still there and look like that every spring after they cut them back. It's weird walking past them tbh.

Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#39 - 2012-05-31 18:45:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
Simetraz wrote:

Have fun .

Not seeing it. But that was a fun nostalgia trip. Saw the movie in theater in 1978 with my dad. Those 'alien trees' in front of City Hall San Francisco are sycamores.....they are still there and look like that every spring after they cut them back. It's weird walking past them tbh.

Sorry about that, sometimes I forget that other people don't hear the voices.
I tend to get distracted by them from time to time.
pussnheels
Viziam
#40 - 2012-05-31 18:58:48 UTC  |  Edited by: pussnheels
no what eve needs is depletable moongoo so there is a reason to fight in 0,0 sec instead of this huge nap fest they have now

ooh i can already timagine the epic whine threads on here

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

Previous page123Next page