These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Why the hate for Hi-Sec players?

Author
Drei Ontalas
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-31 09:58:24 UTC
1. In these forums there appears to be this notion that Hi-sec players should move (by force or encouragement) to lower-sec space. Why?

If a player is happy mining scordite in 1.0 space why is that a problem?
If a player like to sit in Jita making trades why is that a problem?
If a player prefers to do hi-sec missions what is the problem?

2. I am genuinely interested in establishing where/how the hostility towards hi-sec comes from. From my admittedly limitedly experience it seems so come down to the EVE equivalent of "Mommy he won't play with me! Make him!"

Am I completely off the mark?
Mr Care Bear
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2012-05-31 10:05:00 UTC
Not sure, I don't really PVP. Roll
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#3 - 2012-05-31 10:05:20 UTC
Because most of them want to change EvE Online into a Theme Park MMO.

The Tears Must Flow

ModeratedToSilence
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2012-05-31 10:06:14 UTC
Here is some ones view on players who like to keep it simple. Horse's Mouth
Kehro Urgus
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-05-31 10:07:11 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:

That's why the CSM is dominated by null sec alliances.

Yeeee! 

Peter Raptor
Galactic Hawks
#6 - 2012-05-31 10:09:06 UTC
Because gankers are scared to PVP with ships which have guns Big smile

Evelopedia; 

The Amarr Empire, is known for its omnipresent religion  †  

Roime
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#7 - 2012-05-31 10:12:12 UTC
Nobody hates hiseccers, but everybody loathes the whiny carebear forum poster who wants to ruin EVE.

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#8 - 2012-05-31 10:14:48 UTC
Because this is a PVP game, and most of the current crop of highseccers think they should be safe.

This hate is new, it wasn't here until around Incarna(the expansion geared to pull in the wow type players who wouldn't play because they had no avatar), so I would expect it to pass.

Probably pass once those wow players who refuse to HTFU finally move back to themepark MMOs

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#9 - 2012-05-31 10:23:12 UTC
They ones that are mostly hated are not players, they're high sec dwellers, there is a fine differnece between a player and a dweller.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

buee
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-05-31 10:23:48 UTC
Because EvE is and should always be a reflection of life, the only thing fair in it is death.
Drei Ontalas
Caldari State
#11 - 2012-05-31 10:24:58 UTC
Kehro Urgus wrote:
Vaju Enki wrote:

That's why the CSM is dominated by null sec alliances.

CCP bills EVE as a game of risk, but what would be the problem with Hi-sec (not the rest of the game) being turned into a themepark?
Virgil Travis
Non Constructive Self Management
#12 - 2012-05-31 10:27:49 UTC
Those who joined the game knowing that the premise was it being pvp centered and didn't wrap you in cotton wool are now fighting against the rising tide of entitled whiners who seem to believe that the game should change to benefit them and them alone.

They've drifted in from other games, probably lured by the shiny enticement of Walking in Stations, and now discover that the hand holding and cotton wool wrapping they enjoyed elsewhere isn't available in EVE. The players who appreciate EVE for what CCP made it are taking back the game.

The whiner's time has come, face the fact that the game isn't Hello Kitty, grow some balls and teeth or fall away like dead wood.

Unified Church of the Unobligated - madness in the method Mamma didn't raise no victims.

EFF ONEF1
Caldari Grand Prix Engineering
#13 - 2012-05-31 10:28:23 UTC
The whiners want to play the game their way with no interruption or outside factors unless they specifically go looking for it.

The people who "hate" them do not want them to play that way, they want them to play their way.

oversimplification

Tor Gungnir
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2012-05-31 10:34:36 UTC
"The whiny carebear that wants to destroy EVE" is the second biggest myth ever, right after Bigfoot. I've never seen one on these forums. What I do see, however, is a lot douchebaggy "PvPers" who wants to ruin EVE by idiotic ideas such as removal of local and High-sec areas.

The hate, in my eyes, is unwarranted and most often down right hypocritical.

Space. It seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.

RAP ACTION HERO
#15 - 2012-05-31 10:39:26 UTC
because they whine

vitoc erryday

Ludi Burek
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#16 - 2012-05-31 10:39:52 UTC
You assume all Hi-Sec players = carebear sperglords likr yourself. The hate is directed at the whiners that want to change the game we've loved for years. Also the overwhelming influx of these whiners is worrying.

Eve is the last stronghold of worthwhile on-line gaming. Quiet simply, what they want is certain death for eve.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#17 - 2012-05-31 10:39:55 UTC
EFF ONEF1 wrote:
The whiners want to play the game their way with no interruption or outside factors unless they specifically go looking for it.

The people who "hate" them do not want them to play that way, they want them to play their way.

oversimplification

Not necessarily "our" way ... but just to realise that "yes, seriously, by clicking 'UNDOCK' you consented to PvP". Along with that, the acceptance that anyone can blap you anywhere at any time for any reason, and it's 100% "fair" within the confines of the game rules (sure, it stings ... and it has the potential to set you back days or weeks ... but someone can do the same thing to them [might even be YOU one day])

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Drei Ontalas
Caldari State
#18 - 2012-05-31 10:41:50 UTC
Ludi Burek wrote:
You assume all Hi-Sec players = carebear sperglords likr yourself. The hate is directed at the whiners that want to change the game we've loved for years. Also the overwhelming influx of these whiners is worrying.

Eve is the last stronghold of worthwhile on-line gaming. Quiet simply, what they want is certain death for eve.

What do they want? and how will it kill EVE?
Ludi Burek
Exit-Strategy
Unchained Alliance
#19 - 2012-05-31 10:45:00 UTC
Drei Ontalas wrote:
Ludi Burek wrote:

What do they want? and how will it kill EVE?

Hello, freshly created troll alt. They want exactly what you typed up in your troll post Lol
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#20 - 2012-05-31 10:48:56 UTC
EFF ONEF1 wrote:

We don't want them to play 'our' way, we want them to quit whining about their own stupid mistakes.

I lost an orca in nullsec recently because I was running back and forth from the system I mine in to the refinery station, and kept it up long enough for one of the cloakyfags in local of one of the systems I was in to notice. Did I once complain about cloakyfags, lack of ability to tank an orca strongly enough to survive a single cruiser(cynabal iirc), or anything else? No, I laughed, learned to use the JB network even for an orca that will burn up all its fuel(also joined the JB fueling team since I burn alot of the fuel nowadays) and then had to explain to my CEO how I stupidly lost a 800 mil ship and totally screwed up our corp killboard.

If you die and learn from it, you won't get griefed, because you will make it to hard to kill you. If you just keep dying over and over, you just keep painting a bigger and bigger X on your back for people to aim at. We are not expecting a bigger commitment, or for people to abandon their overall playstyle. We are expecting people to stop being so bloody ******* ********, and take steps to protect themselves.

Those who refuse to adapt to the changing circumstances in eve are doomed to failure, and good riddance. Those who do adapt, well, even if we hate what you do, we will still respect you for learning and adapting to EVE.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

123Next pageLast page