These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Ashimmu - FW heavy tackler

Author
Cosmoes
Peraka
#1 - 2012-05-31 06:07:47 UTC
I've been looking at setting up an Ashimmu for some FW fun and was looking for any ideas that I might be able to work into this fit.

Mostly it will be used for plexing in groups of 10+ or so . It's not designed to be super high dps (we have destroyers for that... lots of destroyers) it's also not designed to be fast point. More about being the last point on the enemy once I get on they don't get out.

I'm planning something that looks roughly like this.

[Ashimmu, Heavy Tackler - Cap booster]
Reactor Control Unit II
Damage Control II
1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

10MN MicroWarpdrive II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 800
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Medium Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Heavy Pulse Laser II, Multifrequency M

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

I've looked at different setups without the rcu but not found anything that offers much more that I'd want. it's about 6 m/s if I switch to a pwg rig and I start to run into pwg issues.

Cap is a big issue with this ship but in low sec with stations nearby I can get cap charges easily enough. I can get some implants and even some mindflood boosters to help with this if I really want to. Looked at a setup without a cap booster but didn't really appeal except for the second web which is really overkill on anything I could lock in time.
As for nos I don't really need it with a cap booster and I don't plan on the enemy having enough cap for me to drain any from them.

Faction equipment I'm not too sure about. I might pick up a SS or DG scram but not much else I really think is worth it. neuts and web only give more range and my shortest range is the scram. A MWD would give me better natural cap when most of my cap is from a booster anyway, sig radius isn't worth much when I'm fighting frigs and cruisers. faction tank or t2 rigs cost 50 mil or so each and are a bit much for a cruiser.

Rel'k Bloodlor
Federation Front Line Report
Federation Front Line
#2 - 2012-05-31 06:31:20 UTC
You would be better off with a Cruor first. Secondly you will just lose to any thing else than can get in the plex that's cruiser sized if you cant lock fast, also you just lose to almost every other faction ship if it's in the plex already. Its to point blank. I just did extensive play testing on sisi for FW with this ship and it's not so great. The only thing it can do is be a shiny for gate camping.
you would be better off with a vigilant if you really need to spend the cash on a coffin.

I wanted to paint my space ship red, but I couldn't find enough goats. 

Lunkwill Khashour
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2012-05-31 08:31:38 UTC
Can you drop the RCU if you fit focused med pulses? A faction web is really nice on the Ashimmu so I'ld invest in that first.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#4 - 2012-05-31 08:36:44 UTC
Looks fine to me, with the proviso that you will want some logi - even a gimp in an Execquror tailing you - because faction shinies will get primaried.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-31 08:52:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Muad 'dib
its a mediocre ship, like posters above said you will be better off with a cynabal or vigilant if you plan to blow a few hundred mil on a med plex cruiser.

The ash is too slow, the nueting power isnt very intense and the dps is poor and the most important bit your slow as heck.

Yes it will nail the crap out of one or two frigs/dessys or a solo cruiser, but anything kitey and fast or just a few cruisers will kill you before you manage to down one.

on and losing a low slot for an rcu isnt great either, focused pulses and some extra tank/gank

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Cosmoes
Peraka
#6 - 2012-05-31 09:48:24 UTC
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Reasons for Ashimmu are mostlly rp (I love the blood raiders stuff) rather than practicality so I already know I'm not getting the greatest bang for my buck here, I've considered looking into cruor but not a fan of frigates (my reaction time is slow and my latency is high). Vigilant/cynabal does sound nice (though it's not blood raiders) but the character that would be flying this is entirely spceced amarr weapons.

Switching down the guns I'll consider that but I do know that we see a lot of kiting slicers out in my space (fighting against amarr FW). Cruiser guns already have me worried dropping range would leave me even more vulnerable to things outside 20km. I won't be flying this without support but I'm not gonna call my allies into a trap cause I got caught by a single frigate that I can't do anything against.

On the upside the character that would be flying the Ashimmu isn't my main so it's quit likely I'll have backup (aside from FW fleet buddies), question is what ship would be best support for an ashimmu. My main is mostly support specced and only has missiles/projectiles as t2 guns but can fly every races subcapital ship with a preference for cloaky. Falcon/guardian seems obvious though it can't fit in mediums and those tend to draw even more agro than a faction ship. t1 throwaway versions of these might be an option.
GenesisMike
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-06-04 09:53:11 UTC

The Ash is great with support, like others have already said. Main use would be on a gate camp where you were essentialy the tackle web. You can put together a "Mini Bhaalgorn" if you like and it serves its purpose well with duel webs (which will stop anything in its tracks with its bonuses) and a full compliment of neuts. However logi is a must and it will lack speed if tanked properly so tackling anything smaller than a cruiser will be tough unless remote sebod.

In regards to your question about support for the Ash I would personally want something with either TD's or damps to try and mitigate damage. For plexs maybe a Gank Ruppy or other cruiser would be great since your target will be standing still and hopefully have no active reps or hardeners going when fully neuted. As with all ships pick your targets and be ready to book it if a group comes in because people will go to rediculous lengths to kill a Ash (or any expensive ship).

However I go by the idea that you should ultimately fly whatever you want to. It's your game experience so do it how you like.

Hope this helps

Mike