These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

John Smedley, President of Sony Online Entertainment, Joins Goonswarm.

First post
Author
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2012-05-31 05:18:21 UTC
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/207701661886586881

John Smedley (‏@j_smedley): @PoeticStanziel @themittani hah all I'll say is I'm in the CFC now :)

Admittedly, he was probably saying this in jest, but hey, I figure this should give some of you tinfoil hat wearers a bit more lines for your CCP / Goon / SONY conspiracy flowcharts.

Even if he was saying it in jest, the fact that he mentioned the CFC and replied to The Mittani shows that he is taking at least a semi-active role in the EVE community -- and apparently isn't shocked and repulsed by what he sees. This is a good thing all considered.

But yeah, the great pubbie hope that you will be able to convince "Daddy Sony" to make "Mommy CCP" stop Goons from being Goons? Yeah, good luck with that. :)
Cpt Roghie
Chemical Invasion Co.
#2 - 2012-05-31 05:20:54 UTC
OHNOES CONSPIRACY OMG CCP REMOVE GOONSWARM BLOOOBLOOOBLOOOBLOOOBLOOBLOOO.

Good stuff for EvE & CFC.

This could be fun.

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#3 - 2012-05-31 05:22:46 UTC
Cpt Roghie wrote:

What. That's hilarious.

Hope he doesn't really go for TEST though. It would be horrifying to see what a pony-filled mind might lead to.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Hrothgar Nilsson
#4 - 2012-05-31 05:23:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Hrothgar Nilsson
I met a former SecDef at a cocktail party in Georgetown a couple years ago.
SmilingVagrant
Doomheim
#5 - 2012-05-31 05:23:33 UTC
Oh great, just like everything else MMO related that Sony touches we're going to go to ****. THANKS BUD.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#6 - 2012-05-31 05:24:47 UTC
SmilingVagrant wrote:
Oh great, just like everything else MMO related that Sony touches we're going to go to ****. THANKS BUD.

Oh no, it's Sony's plan to kill us. From within.

It's time to carry out a though purging.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Ituhata Saken
Killboard Padding Services
#7 - 2012-05-31 05:30:22 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Are you getting a sense of deja vu yet?

So close...

Domer Pyle
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2012-05-31 05:31:43 UTC
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! THE GREAT SMEDLONIUS! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! this is heresy! the goonies don't believe in the BBoD!

ALL HAIL THE BBoD!!!

make Hellfish proud. don't join goonies.

"Imagine if the bars to your prison were all you had ever known. Then one day, someone appears and unlocks the door. If they have the power to do this, then are they really the liberator? You never remembered who it was that closed you in." - Ior Labron

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#9 - 2012-05-31 05:33:45 UTC
Xython wrote:
I figure this should give some of you tinfoil hat wearers a bit more lines for your CCP / Goon / SONY conspiracy flowcharts.

We prefer conspiracy spreadsheets, they have more functions
Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#10 - 2012-05-31 05:35:12 UTC
Xython wrote:

John Smedley (‏@j_smedley): @PoeticStanziel @themittani hah all I'll say is I'm in the CFC now :)

Admittedly, he was probably saying this in jest, but hey, I figure this should give some of you tinfoil hat wearers a bit more lines for your CCP / Goon / SONY conspiracy flowcharts.

Even if he was saying it in jest, the fact that he mentioned the CFC and replied to The Mittani shows that he is taking at least a semi-active role in the EVE community -- and apparently isn't shocked and repulsed by what he sees. This is a good thing all considered.

But yeah, the great pubbie hope that you will be able to convince "Daddy Sony" to make "Mommy CCP" stop Goons from being Goons? Yeah, good luck with that. :)

really? huh, there goes goons, sorry guys an girls

I'd rather side with the company who's console plays halo.. even if that company is just as shady.. go halo! lol
Morganta
The Greater Goon
#11 - 2012-05-31 05:41:18 UTC
pre-cu tears are best tears

aged to perfection

can I get a side of Jullio to go with my Smedley?
Nazowa
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-05-31 07:03:20 UTC
This is the guy who managed to kill franchaises like SWG and Everquest. I cannot even imagine what he can/will do to EvE.

Oh well, it was good while it lasted...
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#13 - 2012-05-31 07:05:39 UTC
Ituhata Saken wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:

Are you getting a sense of deja vu yet?

You mean people trying to kill us from within, or the whole purging bit?

Spais get purged now and then, they slip up.

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2012-05-31 07:08:15 UTC
Cpt Roghie wrote:

This made me laugh. And that's very rare.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

HVAC Repairman
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2012-05-31 07:10:20 UTC  |  Edited by: HVAC Repairman
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Cpt Roghie wrote:

What. That's hilarious.

Hope he doesn't really go for TEST though. It would be horrifying to see what a pony-filled mind might lead to.
Considering he works for a Japanese company, who knows how badly the various subcultures may have messed him up.
Kouvoa Erkkinen
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#16 - 2012-05-31 07:51:06 UTC
Wow, he actually likes PVP:

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/208078118987120640

@PoeticStanziel this was an fun read. I just play the game and that's it. I love hardcore PvP. Couldn't agree with Mittani's blog more.
Degren
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2012-05-31 07:52:17 UTC
This just means MITTENS FOR CSM

Hello, hello again.

pussnheels
Viziam
#18 - 2012-05-31 07:55:58 UTC
Xython wrote:

who is John Smedly ? is he important ? did he invent a cure for cancer or what ??
I once met a real king once a few years ago

I do not agree with what you are saying , but i will defend to the death your right to say it...... Voltaire

RAP ACTION HERO
#19 - 2012-05-31 07:57:29 UTC
GONY 2012

vitoc erryday

Frying Doom
#20 - 2012-05-31 08:02:59 UTC
Xython wrote:

I must bookmark this for the next CSM election.

Proof that the Goonswarm contains paid members of Sony and therefore has the ability to make CCP rig the elections. So if goonswarm win its a setup and CSM8 is a puppet or that any goon candidate should be ineligible to run.

I should be able to blow that out to 20 pages Big smile

Any spelling, grammatical and punctuation errors are because frankly, I don't care!!

12Next page