These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP needs to take a hard look at Goonswarm and Hulkageddon to save EVE.

Author
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2012-05-30 20:48:38 UTC
Not to quibble about details, but the fact that you said bot moon mining tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#62 - 2012-05-30 20:49:37 UTC
Richard Desturned wrote:
Drax Dremal wrote:
A bot program can be written for every part of EVE. A bot program for moon mining is easy and is used.

Okay genius tell us how moon mining works

What. What?

Moon mining bots?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Haldor Rune
State War Academy
Caldari State
#63 - 2012-05-30 20:50:32 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
Johnny Rook wrote:
Kiteo Hatto wrote:

I must be a morally nice person then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Q79cIRGek

Except the blacksmith is an NPC. Yeah, your video is so vaild.

What if, to PvPers, you're an NPC? Except a lot more whiny? Desensitization means you're just a floating mass of profit and/or a potential, quantifiable threat. Either way, you'll be dealt with in a manner that disregards morality.
Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#64 - 2012-05-30 21:05:01 UTC
Haldor Rune wrote:
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
Johnny Rook wrote:
Kiteo Hatto wrote:

I must be a morally nice person then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Q79cIRGek

Except the blacksmith is an NPC. Yeah, your video is so vaild.

What if, to PvPers, you're an NPC? Except a lot more whiny? Desensitization means you're just a floating mass of profit and/or a potential, quantifiable threat. Either way, you'll be dealt with in a manner that disregards morality.

Quote:
What if, to PvPers, you're an NPC?
Then they really do have something wrong with their head. Really, i think i've lost hope in humanity, even if it's "just a video game."

The fact of the matter is that these people with power ARE trying to justify being dicks to others. The only way to stop them is by being a bigger **** and hurting them even more emotionally, but really, who wants to be such a hated entity, certainly not me.

This game allows married men(or basement nerds) do what they are afraid of doing in RL because of consequences. "It's not real" is not an excuse, because you are still dealing with real people. You certainly wouldn't kill, wouldn't gang up or steal for "lulz" in RL, why do it in the game ? Given the state of this game/forum i'll think of everyone as a cutthroat mug who is after personal satisfaction.

I joined this game because it WAS full of mature people(literally, no teenagers) but it seems the teenagers grew up and are now dictating how everyone should play.
Richard Desturned
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#65 - 2012-05-30 21:07:32 UTC
yes blowing up people's space pixels is ~immoral~

npc alts have no opinions worth consideration

Blabb3r M0uth B11tch
Doomheim
#66 - 2012-05-30 21:09:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Minmatar Citizen 121123433
It's really very simple. Just move on to something new. It's becoming pretty obvious, were not really respected or wanted here.

Meaning care bears that is.
Haldor Rune
State War Academy
Caldari State
#67 - 2012-05-30 21:13:08 UTC
Blabb3r M0uth B11tch wrote:
It's really very simple. Just move on to something new. It's becoming pretty obvious, were not really respected or wanted here.

This may be the single serious suggestion on these forums, but if you want a lesser sandbox where you are NOT forced to PvP or live in a state of fear, play RuneScape. It's not the ****** browser game you probably remember or have heard of - it's improved a lot - and all serious PvP is confined to one area, so the rest of the game is ruled by carebears. The grind is just as bad and you'll be surrounded by 12 year olds, but they're not all jerks. Find a mature clan and you should be fine.

Or, yeah, you could go to WoW or HKO or another themepark. There obviously isn't much in the way of sandboxes out there.
Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2012-05-30 21:14:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Kiteo Hatto
Richard Desturned wrote:
yes blowing up people's space pixels where it shouldn't be happening is ~immoral~

Quote:
This may be the single serious suggestion on these forums, but if you want a lesser sandbox where you are NOT forced to PvP or live in a state of fear, play RuneScape. It's not the ****** browser game you probably remember or have heard of - it's improved a lot - and all serious PvP is confined to one area, so the rest of the game is ruled by carebears. The grind is just as bad and you'll be surrounded by 12 year olds, but they're not all jerks. Find a mature clan and you should be fine.

Or, yeah, you could go to WoW or HKO or another themepark. There obviously isn't much in the way of sandboxes out there.

I've already played those......when i was in high school. EVE attracted me because of what it can be, a really ******* huge universe where everyone can do as they please to an extent, but now it's become a game where griefers gather and have fun at other's expense(not just a couple of times but over and over again).

Hell, HoN and DOTA has less overall griefing than this game.
HVAC Repairman
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#69 - 2012-05-30 21:15:16 UTC
Blabb3r M0uth B11tch wrote:

confirming the former
Cobra Essentials
Doomheim
#70 - 2012-05-30 21:16:30 UTC
Sony destroyed SWG, not the players.
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#71 - 2012-05-30 21:16:53 UTC
Psychotic Monk wrote:
Not to quibble about details, but the fact that you said bot moon mining tells me that you have no idea what you're talking about.

this is, surprisingly, not the first time we have been accused of botting moon mining

always good for a hoot
Snow Axe
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#72 - 2012-05-30 21:19:03 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:
yes blowing up people's space pixels where it shouldn't be happening is ~immoral~

And who decides where things should and shouldn't happen? You?

Before you say CCP, remember that they've never prohibited suicide ganking or any other sort of blowing up internet spaceships in highsec. They've tweaked with what gankers are able to do and how they can do it, but at no point have they truly stopped it from happening, even though it'd be the easiest thing in the world to do.

Even the creators of the game don't think hisec should be immune from other players. What gives you and a bunch of other pissy Hulk pilots the right to over-rule them?

"Look any reason why you need to talk like that? I have now reported you. I dont need to listen to your bad tone. If you cant have a grown up conversation then leave the thread["

Haldor Rune
State War Academy
Caldari State
#73 - 2012-05-30 21:19:04 UTC
Cobra Essentials wrote:
Sony destroyed SWG, not the players.

SOE heard WoW was succesful, so they thought, "Hey! Why don't we try to copy it?"

SWG Subs: -9000%.
EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#74 - 2012-05-30 21:20:36 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:

better report that to ccp, the people who dictate where things should and should not happen

they will get right on fixing it
Spikeflach
Perkone
Caldari State
#75 - 2012-05-30 21:21:50 UTC
Its interesting the amounts of people speaking up now against things like hulkageddon.

Pretty sure CCP can't really ignore it.

It's good to see that other people see more in eve than what some people make eve out to be.
Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#76 - 2012-05-30 21:22:24 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
These "pvpers" are so up their own arse they cant see the whole picture of right and wrong. Never mind the "too far" border.

Turn off the computer and go outside kid, its just a video game.

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Haldor Rune
State War Academy
Caldari State
#77 - 2012-05-30 21:22:55 UTC
Spikeflach wrote:
Its interesting the amounts of people speaking up now against things like hulkageddon.

Most people are actually fine with a month or so of Hulkageddon. It's Unending Hulkageddon and the Carebear Cull Crusade that have got people angry.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#78 - 2012-05-30 21:25:15 UTC
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
Luckily, it should be happening in all of EVE, so it's never immoral here.
Kiteo Hatto
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2012-05-30 21:29:00 UTC
Snow Axe wrote:
Kiteo Hatto wrote:
Richard Desturned wrote:

And who decides where things should and shouldn't happen? You?

Before you say CCP, remember that they've never prohibited suicide ganking or any other sort of blowing up internet spaceships in highsec. They've tweaked with what gankers are able to do and how they can do it, but at no point have they truly stopped it from happening, even though it'd be the easiest thing in the world to do.

Even the creators of the game don't think hisec should be immune from other players. What gives you and a bunch of other pissy Hulk pilots the right to over-rule them?

I will still say CCP, tutorials(yeah the ones that EVERYONE has to do) state that "the good police guys will come and help you, you are safe in 0.5 and above Roll"

It's people like you who decide to make the game dangerous for everyone as it is today because you have too much isk and free time.

low and null is meant to be your "little world", leave the empire already.

Next time you cry that there aren't enough people in null/low to hang out with, think a bit and realize that it's because nobody likes to associate themselves with internet douches.

"Scumbag Steve invites you to his house party, sure as hell thats a bad idea unless you are scumbag Dave" See my point yet ?
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#80 - 2012-05-30 21:29:15 UTC
Drax Dremal wrote:
Goonswarm do you think EVE cant die? I played in Star Wars from its start until it died. At its high point it was way more popular than EVE will ever be. We thought it could never die.

You thought wrong. Looks like you're still thinking wrong. EVE isn't a cookie-cutter MMO & has not reached it's high point. Subscriber numbers climb each year, can you name any other MMO that has achieved this 9 years running?

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.