These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Mining

Author
Stalafur
State War Academy
Caldari State
#21 - 2012-05-29 19:53:52 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Mina Hiragi wrote:
There are minerals in null that a failfit Hulk sitting in a 0.9 cannot even begin to dream of. The average carebear hasn't even seen a single 'roid of arkonor in person. The loss of these people would not have any real effect on anyone with a clue or even a smidgen of null-sec power.

We would get more forum whining, though, if that's even possible.

Veld would have to rise a lot to compare with the nice highends.

And then you'd see tons of Covetors or whatever mining it in highsec.

Are covetors on the kill list as well?
Llywelyn Emrys
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-05-29 19:54:34 UTC
Stalafur wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Mina Hiragi wrote:
There are minerals in null that a failfit Hulk sitting in a 0.9 cannot even begin to dream of. The average carebear hasn't even seen a single 'roid of arkonor in person. The loss of these people would not have any real effect on anyone with a clue or even a smidgen of null-sec power.

We would get more forum whining, though, if that's even possible.

Veld would have to rise a lot to compare with the nice highends.

And then you'd see tons of Covetors or whatever mining it in highsec.

Are covetors on the kill list as well?

Not yet.
Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#23 - 2012-05-29 20:15:59 UTC
Stalafur wrote:
THE L0CK wrote:
Good lord faceless, learn how to use the search function. This question gets asked at least once a week and more during hulkageddon.

Sorry Sad

Don't let the jerks keep you from asking questions. Some folks just aren't happy unless they are crapping on somebody. I think CCP has cornered the market on that in this community.
Pisov viet
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2012-05-29 20:31:06 UTC
Stalafur wrote:
This is just a genuine question, What would happen if more than 50% of miners unsub? Wouldn't you guys lose more prey?
By all means go on, I'm just wondering. IF you guys continuously gank hulk miners ice miners and ect and they all happen just to leave eve or rage quit or vice versa. What then? Would you guys go kill other gankers or..?

Edit: I mean highsec miners of course. :D

For years, even before I started playing, Highsec miners have been newbie who dont know better and people who are either too lazy, too dumb, bad at searching informations or simply dont have much time to put in eve. The profits you make from highsec mining is mediocre at best, and that means a perfectly skilled, booster hulk with implants & ****. There are fuckton of things you can do in Eve that get you more wealth than mining, and almost all of them are less boring.

This sad state is due to mining itself being a ****** activity, and the mineral prices being so low it makes no sense to mine them rather than buying them with the isk you get from whatever else you do. If miners unsub, mineral prices will rise. If mineral prices rise, mining will become better over time.

TL;DR: Let the free market fix itself, vote Ron Paul 2012, taxation is theft.
Vicky Somers
Rusty Anchor
#25 - 2012-05-29 20:33:37 UTC
Tallon Sylph wrote:
What part of destroying your game do you people not understand?

Actually, none of it. Can you explain it for me please. In full if possible.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2012-05-29 21:58:23 UTC
Actually you have to look at the big picture.

First drive mining into the ground to the point where CCP will have to do something.
Most likely it will be too late, people will unsub
And then the backlash from CCP's response will cause even more issues and those people will unsub.
You have to remember that the target is not what you think it is.

Previous page12