These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Logistics on Killmails

First post
Author
Efraya
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#1 - 2012-05-29 15:49:51 UTC
When will the promised logistics on Kill Mails be implemented?

kthxbai

[b][center]WSpace; Dead space.[/center] [center]Lady Spank for forum mod[/center][/b]

THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#2 - 2012-05-29 15:51:38 UTC
Soon (tm)

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Ituhata Saken
Killboard Padding Services
#3 - 2012-05-29 15:59:23 UTC
There is no glory for the healer, only silent thanks from the soldiers whose lives he spared.

So close...

Meolyne
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2012-05-29 16:22:04 UTC
Fortunately, Eve has not a common 3rd party DPS Meter ... yet.

Impossible to see if you suck or genius piloting a logistic. therefore recruitments is based on trust only.
What would you like with logistic on kill mail ? i don't really know how they could implement that with a hp/s meter in the actual shape of killmails.
maybe healmails Soon™ ? sounds weird Shocked
Apolyon I
Shadow of ISW
#5 - 2012-05-29 16:52:38 UTC
while we're at km stuff, when will CCP make km for self destruct
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#6 - 2012-05-29 16:55:08 UTC
Apolyon I wrote:

They said they would be doing that during Fan Fest and I had completely forgotten about it.

*poke* CCP
Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#7 - 2012-05-30 11:44:51 UTC
How exactly would a Logistics ship be represented on a killmail?

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#8 - 2012-05-30 12:00:19 UTC
THE L0CK wrote:
Soon (tm)

18months™

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#9 - 2012-05-30 12:03:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
Apolyon I wrote:

And make it so the insurance doesn't pay out either. The SCC shouldn't cater to fraudulent pussies that rather sink their own ship to preserve their precious killboard ratio, then go down fighting.

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#10 - 2012-05-30 12:03:43 UTC
You want logistics on killmails, huh? OK, how about we do it like this: For each victim, we list the logi pilots who were supposed to be helping him. But since he's now dead, they are obviously fail-logi pilots. That way you can see who all the bad ones are, and do all sorts of fancy killboard stats of the worst logi pilots in the game.
So, if logistics pilots want to get on killmails, it is only fair that when they screw-up, they appear on lossmails too, right? Twisted

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

Tobiaz
Spacerats
#11 - 2012-05-30 12:05:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobiaz
CCP Masterplan wrote:
You want logistics on killmails, huh? OK, how about we do it like this: For each victim, we list the logi pilots who were supposed to be helping him. But since he's now dead, they are obviously fail-logi pilots. That way you can see who all the bad ones are, and do all sorts of fancy killboard stats of the worst logi pilots in the game.
So, if logistics pilots want to get on killmails, it is only fair that when they screw-up, they appear on lossmails too, right? Twisted

I like your thinking, mister! Twisted

- "I'm going down, need reps!"
- "Feck that mate! I'm only repping pilots that are killing stuff and I don't rep tackle, period!"

Operation WRITE DOWN ALL THE THINGS!!!  Check out the list at http://bit.ly/wdatt Collecting and compiling all fixes and ideas for EVE. Looking for more editors!

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#12 - 2012-05-30 12:06:43 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:

Evil Lol

The Tears Must Flow

Sugar Kyle
Middle Ground
#13 - 2012-05-30 12:10:14 UTC
This is fine. We can already see how much damage a ship tanks. Logis only have so much ability. If everyone is mowing one guy down sometimes all the logi in the world is not going to overcome the DPS.

However, if Logi were on killmails more people would fly their logis. Instead, they are a ghost force who say "I was there" but have no proof of it.

Member of CSM9 and CSM10.

Garnoo
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2012-05-30 12:12:17 UTC
in logi just assign some drones to rangom fleet members and you will be on few killmails - problem solved...

People are going to try to ruin your day. Get together with others, ruin their day back -  EvE

Cutter Isaacson
DEDSEC SAN FRANCISCO
#15 - 2012-05-30 12:13:06 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:

Dude, that's awesome!

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." Elim Garak.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#16 - 2012-05-30 12:13:08 UTC
Sugar Kyle wrote:
This is fine. We can already see how much damage a ship tanks. Logis only have so much ability. If everyone is mowing one guy down sometimes all the logi in the world is not going to overcome the DPS.

However, if Logi were on killmails more people would fly their logis. Instead, they are a ghost force who say "I was there" but have no proof of it.

I got on a titan KM in a Guardian. Was burning into lock range on the second titan to whore on it when it went down (~10km + Drone travel time to go).

Get some Warrior IIs and assign them to a DPS ship. Rake in the KMs.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#17 - 2012-05-30 12:57:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
RubyPorto wrote:
Sugar Kyle wrote:

I got on a titan KM in a Guardian. Was burning into lock range on the second titan to ***** on it when it went down (~10km + Drone travel time to go).

Though this is always viable in open space / wormholes it's not always a good idea to aggress and remove your ability to jump the gate, and I'm not just talking "neutral logistics" in highsec either.

It would be better to have functional battle reports showing the hostile and friendly effects in operation without needing to artificially add yourself to a KM with a fraction of damage. Drones are also better served (often) keeping ECM drones off yourself.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#18 - 2012-05-30 13:34:23 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Sugar Kyle wrote:

I got on a titan KM in a Guardian. Was burning into lock range on the second titan to ***** on it when it went down (~10km + Drone travel time to go).

Though this is always viable in open space / wormholes it's not always a good idea to aggress and remove your ability to jump the gate, and I'm not just talking "neutral logistics" in highsec either.

It would be better to have functional battle reports showing the hostile and friendly effects in operation without needing to artificially add yourself to a KM with a fraction of damage. Drones are also better served (often) keeping ECM drones off yourself.

I don't know, if a Titan were going down on a gate, I'd probably still aggress it. But yeah, on gate the drones sit in the bay and I weep for KMs. (Though once the fight was so close in on the gate, I looted without missing a rep broadcast).

Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#19 - 2012-05-30 13:38:45 UTC
Sugar Kyle wrote:

There's one reason why I don't fly those somewhere else than SISI, the first guys asking for reps because this turd thinks fleet history and broadcasts are for others, will simply die because I'll never give him a single rep.
Logis in Eve can be very fun to fly, what makes it unfunny is so many turds uberskilled or pointing finger and F1.

KM's? -who cares about km's those are meaningless of what you achieved personally in some game where by design only numbers count. Then Isk efficiency is more like haha, hahahahahaha

brb

Aerich e'Kieron
Peace.Keepers
#20 - 2012-05-30 14:01:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Aerich e'Kieron
Quote:
If everyone is mowing one guy down sometimes all the logi in the world is not going to overcome the DPS.

Challenge accepted.

Quote:
in logi just assign some drones to rangom fleet members and you will be on few killmails - problem solved...

I tried a few times to conceive of a clever comment for this; but alas, it's simply a perfect response. All things considered.

+1 for logi mails
123Next page