These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

[proposal] Get rid of WAR/PVP in High Sec

Author
Kemal Ataturk
Antisocial Mental Disorder
#1 - 2012-05-28 18:34:46 UTC
What the title says, no war in high sec in any way.

You want PVP? Cool lowsec and 0.0 is right next door.
Jayrendo Karr
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2012-05-28 18:48:39 UTC
Why not just axe the servers and cut the power lines to them as well? Same basic effect.
Kemal Ataturk
#3 - 2012-05-28 18:50:51 UTC
Jayrendo Karr wrote:
Why not just axe the servers and cut the power lines to them as well? Same basic effect.

I like trolls but still not same basic effect. That would stop both pvp and pve.
Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#4 - 2012-05-28 19:01:21 UTC
I'd actually consider supporting that if it included removing any activity that impacts PvP. Which would essentially mean there would be nothing to do in High sec at all, as everything in this game is PvP or impacts PvP. Your proposal could be interpreted as the removal of High Sec from EVE, which is definitely not the worst idea I've seen on these forums.
Kemal Ataturk
#5 - 2012-05-28 19:05:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Kemal Ataturk
Xorv wrote:
I'd actually consider supporting that if it included removing any activity that impacts PvP. Which would essentially mean there would be nothing to do in High sec at all, as everything in this game is PvP or impacts PvP. Your proposal could be interpreted as the removal of High Sec from EVE, which is definitely not the worst idea I've seen on these forums.

You still can have pvp in 0.0 and low sec. Whatever impacts you mention still apply.

Proposal is to remove war and pvp out of high sec not to remove it entirely.
Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#6 - 2012-05-28 19:18:53 UTC
Kemal Ataturk wrote:

You still can have pvp in 0.0 and low sec. Whatever impacts you mention still apply.

Proposal is to remove war and pvp out of high sec not to remove it entirely.

My comments just flew right over your head. wooosshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Try to understand at least the basics of the game you are playing before posting about changing that game. Or in the event I've mistaken ignorance for just trolling, don't do it in the Assembly Hall, go post in General Discussion, you'll get way more bites.
Drake Draconis
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2012-05-28 20:04:42 UTC
Kemal Ataturk wrote:
Jayrendo Karr wrote:

I like trolls but still not same basic effect. That would stop both pvp and pve.

Says the idiot troll.

Get out..and stay out.

================ STOP THE EVEMAIL SPAM! https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=78152

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#8 - 2012-05-28 21:37:54 UTC
I used to type out lengthy responses to these threads. Now I just do this:

Save me from non-consentual PVP!

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Cyprus Black
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2012-05-28 22:15:36 UTC
Kemal Ataturk wrote:

You don't want PVP. Cool, World of Warcraft is right next door.

Summary of EvEs last four expansions: http://imgur.com/ZL5SM33

Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2012-05-28 22:29:09 UTC
Kemal Ataturk wrote:

So...why do you play this game?
Koreli Stelios
Mining Manufacture and Muling
#11 - 2012-05-28 23:03:12 UTC
Xorv wrote:

And then there would be no new paying players cos they would never have a chance of getting any where and all of you who are getting some place would all end up rich enough to buy plex with ISK and the game would go bust and shut down.

No High sec is important in nurturing new players which keeps the game from stagnating. However there is very little non consensual PvP to be had in High sec any how.

lol id vote keep high sec and what little PvP exist there as it is all important for learning and simply cos PvP is in a way the back bone of Eve.
Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2012-05-28 23:57:10 UTC
are CCP alts posting these horrible ideas to keep us from posting in the "Terrible Inventory" threads?
getting us to bump these instead of the UI threads so they can say " well they arent complaining about it anymore so i guess we are done fixing things"

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

Lykouleon
Noble Sentiments
Second Empire.
#13 - 2012-05-29 00:04:48 UTC
What in the name of...

Lykouleon > CYNO ME CLOSER so I can hit them with my sword

Plaude Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2012-05-29 08:38:43 UTC
Mining is PvP as well. You compete with other players for the rocks, so therefore it's PvP. You really want mining removed from High-sec?

Trading is also PvP. The entire market is one big battlefield, where people constantly compete for the best prices. Your suggestion would remove all kinds of trade from High-sec too.

Basically, you want to make High-sec nothing but flying around in a ship, not interacting with anything.

New to EVE? Want to learn? The Crimson Cartel will train you in the fields of _**your **_choice. Mainly active in EU afternoons and evenings. Contact me for more info.

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#15 - 2012-05-29 10:25:35 UTC
Posting in a not so stealthy "I want pointless EvE lite" thread.

Not supported.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Duchess Starbuckington
Doomheim
#16 - 2012-05-29 10:40:16 UTC
Hahahahahahaha
Nope.
Hello Kitty online is thataway ==>
Arduemont
The State of War.
#17 - 2012-05-29 13:27:23 UTC
No. Just no.

Also, never post again.

Please, for the love of humanity.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
Stockholm Syndrome.
#18 - 2012-05-29 13:51:40 UTC
Plaude Pollard wrote:
Your suggestion would remove all kinds of trade from High-sec too.

No no no. They just don't want can flipping, ganking, and wars in highsec. That way they can play Eve in co-op mode, they don't care about the markets or any other PVP type, they're only concerned with combat and not losing their stuff.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
The Revenant Order
#19 - 2012-05-29 18:03:32 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Plaude Pollard wrote:
Your suggestion would remove all kinds of trade from High-sec too.

No no no. They just don't want can flipping, ganking, and wars in highsec. That way they can play Eve in co-op mode, they don't care about the markets or any other PVP type, they're only concerned with combat and not losing their stuff.

So what you're saying is, they're a bunch of little *****es.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2012-05-29 18:11:40 UTC
Kemal Ataturk wrote:

EVE is a game that revolves around PvP. You can even call marketing a more tame version of PvP, since you're competing against other players.

You don't want PvP in hisec? Ok then. You'll find your markets in lowsec & 0.0.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

123Next page