These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

NEW PLAYER BLOG: The Fabric of the Cosmos: "PROJECT -A- Space Journey "

Author
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2012-05-26 01:54:11 UTC  |  Edited by: BEPOHNKA
Why don't we change the way we see space? What is space really and how can we change the way we see it now? All are great questions, but part which leads up to my biggest question is how can we change EVE ONLINE to make it feel more real and give more enjoyment after being 9 year old game.

LINK TO GET YOU IN THE SPACE JOURNEY!
a SPACE jOURNEY

Take a look at the science and mythic history of our relationship with eve online.

AS WE TAKE YOU ON THE JOURNEY TO BETTER UNDERSTAND THE IDEAS, OF LIFE IN EVE! WE WILL TAKE YOU ON THE JOURNEY WHICH WILL BEN YOUR EXPLANATION OF EVE ONLINE, WERE WILL IT TAKE US NEXT?

WHAT IS SPACE ?
IDEAS TO LOOK AT BELOW:

SOLAR SYSTEMS: IDEAS

DO PLANETS REALLY DANCE?! (MOVE) - CAN IT TAKE US TO THE EDGE OF MOVEMENT?

BIG-BANGS! (SUPERNOVA) - STARS REALLY GO BOOM? WHY HAVE NOT ANY STARS DYE YET IN EVE WHAT WOULD THEY LOOK LIKE AFTER DEATH?

GAS LOOPS! - WE REALLY FLY CLOSE TO SEE THE LOOPS OF THE SUN?

MULTIPLE SUNS - WHAT WILL THEY DO FOR US?

THE DEEP SPACE THE UNKNOWN: IDEAS OF SPACE

BLACK-HOLES? - WERE WILL IT TAKE US?
(unknown, can we make it back maybe NOT!) could it take days weeks? Will the payload be worth the risk?

- Do we really need star gates or can we do jumps with use of numbers and letters in order to make the JUMPS to the unknown space?

COMETS! - WHAT CAN WE GET FROM THEM!
(with movements, will this make new type way of how we can mine it?)

ASTEROIDS! - WHAT CAN WE CHANGE ABOUT THEM?
(movements, belts, more different places) etc.

THROUGH THE WORMHOLE ---> BREAK DOWN OF IDEAS!
(T3 stuff is cool with the unknown, but it's time we push for more ideas then basic ones!)
HERE THE BREAK DOWN IN TYPE OF CLASSES!

BLACK-HOLES - ONLY way too find the black holes, are by wormholes. They bring you closer to death stars, with the right gear they allow pin point JUMPS! But you need mess energy to use drive, you must build to do a PINT POINT JUMP ANY WERE! Were will you come out in space.
- The ships of the future, you get item which allows you to mod your ships what will it let you do?

OUTLAWS - Finding empire system, but no longer part of the map. They enforce their own space and only way to access this rare space is through the WH. Will they attack you or offer you in safe place to live for a short while. What will you gain, or trade to the unknown race.

(warning, grammar and spelling not the best)
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#2 - 2012-05-26 02:14:07 UTC  |  Edited by: mxzf
o.O

What are you on about?

Oh, and you were asking "What is space?"

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
sabre906
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-05-26 02:56:57 UTC
In Eve, Space is a liquid in which ships swim. This special liquid follow not the rules of physics, but arbritary and senseless rules such as aggro mechanic. In such a liquid, Winmatards reign supreme, by shooting little bullets instead of high tech blasters and lasers.Big smile
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#4 - 2012-05-26 04:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: BEPOHNKA
Wonder how much space junk their is in eve online if we could only see it. Sad
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2012-05-26 04:48:28 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:
Wonder how much space junk their is in eve online if we could only see it. Sad

Anyways on that note ideas would be nice to push out. I mean once you hit the end game of eve it's time to quit for most. Pirate

If you've hit an endgame, you're playing wrong. Eve doesn't have an endgame, your endgame is determined by yourself, and the determining factor is set when a player deciees tehynever ever ever want to do anything else other then 1 single thing, and by that point if they get broed, they may as well quit, ebcause they already decided their opinion on every other aspect fo the game.

and if the only thing keeping you subbed is hoping for some giant leap in graphics and setting afire of servers and clients alike, then you're REALLY not playing the game.

with that out fo the way, what EXACTLY are you proposing ehre? because as far as the ideas you posted in the OP, those have already been discussed with pros and cons, and been determienmd to not be feasible now if not ever....
and the aprt about gates, if there were no gates there would be no pvp, because everyoenj could avoid any fightt hey codulnt easily win, which would kil;l industry which would kill the economy, which woudl kill the game.

stars going boom is abd because if im interpreting your suggestion correctly, your wanting thea rbitrary destruction of vast swathes of player created and maintained infrastructure and items by a game mechanic instead of pvp.

also, moving planets, been discussed, would be hamster genocide.

also, if my response if completely irrelevant tot he OP's intentions, i apologize, im tired, hungry, and as a result, my reading comprehension has hit the dirt.
Leviathian
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-05-26 05:07:18 UTC
If the OP is proposing black-holes -- That's a cool idea and could be explored into parallel universe-type sort of things, it's really an open sandbox. if it went to strange and far away systems though, that's just the same as wormholes.

Non-static solarsystems could be really cool, exploding stars, moving planets. Instead of having all celestial objects in the solarsystem automatically bookmarked, they could be scannable (As they're moving, they're not always going to be at the same bookmark in space all the time.) And if they're only scannable it provides a lot less intelligence to all alliances (A nerf, but there's still a way to gather intel) and suddenly EVE became a bit more harder, and interesting (Since now you have to DO stuff to find planets. I support anything that furthers the idea of needing to "discover" things in this game, instead of it all being handed to you on a platter.)
Marwolaeth Arglwydd
Alternate Powers
#7 - 2012-05-26 05:18:03 UTC
Just listen to Carl Sagan and learn what its made of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc
Nariya Kentaya
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2012-05-27 04:51:40 UTC
Leviathian wrote:
If the OP is proposing black-holes -- That's a cool idea and could be explored into parallel universe-type sort of things, it's really an open sandbox. if it went to strange and far away systems though, that's just the same as wormholes.

Non-static solarsystems could be really cool, exploding stars, moving planets. Instead of having all celestial objects in the solarsystem automatically bookmarked, they could be scannable (As they're moving, they're not always going to be at the same bookmark in space all the time.) And if they're only scannable it provides a lot less intelligence to all alliances (A nerf, but there's still a way to gather intel) and suddenly EVE became a bit more harder, and interesting (Since now you have to DO stuff to find planets. I support anything that furthers the idea of needing to "discover" things in this game, instead of it all being handed to you on a platter.)

1) black holes are super-dense states of matter that would annihilate anything that came close to them, unless you either neutralize them with anti-matter (blowing up half the aglaxy) or other such things.

also, there already IS a parallel universe for EvE, its called Serenity-server, WE are the evil clones BTW.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-05-27 05:58:01 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:
BLACK-HOLES? - WERE WILL IT TAKE US?

I don't know, but they make you go really really fast.

BEPOHNKA wrote:
BIG-BANGS! - STARS REALLY GO BOOM-

Random supernovas don't really add anything to the game.

BEPOHNKA wrote:
QUANTUM LEAPS! - DO WE REALLY NEED STAR-GATES?

Unless your ship is the size of an electron, changing your energy orbital won't get you very far.

BEPOHNKA wrote:
CAN PLANETS MOVE! - CAN IT TAKE US TO THE EDGE OF MOVEMENT?

The... edge of movement?

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#10 - 2012-05-27 12:27:28 UTC
WHAT IS SPACE? BABY DONT HURT ME, DONT HURT ME. NO MORE.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

AFK Hauler
State War Academy
#11 - 2012-05-27 19:34:18 UTC
Well...

That IS space...
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2012-05-28 09:57:34 UTC  |  Edited by: BEPOHNKA
The whole idea of this, it is space, we are missing some really cool ideas which could be part of the game some day. as before ideas.......... are endless. This whole topic is base on space it's self.
Simi Kusoni
HelloKittyFanclub
#13 - 2012-05-28 10:37:26 UTC
BEPOHNKA wrote:
The whole idea of this, it is space, we are missing some really cool ideas which could be part of the game some day. as before ideas.......... are endless. This whole topic is base on space, no items or other needed ideas but space it's space what are we missing really?

Cool

I think I'm missing my acid tabs, you're gonna have to send me a few more bro coz this isn't making any sense yet.

[center]"I don't troll, I just give overly blunt responses that annoy people who are wrong but don't want to admit it. It's not my fault that people have sensitive feelings"  -MXZF[/center]

Im Super Gay
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-05-28 13:02:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Im Super Gay
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2012-06-02 18:18:19 UTC
Did some more explaining with help with eve mail! keep them coming..... Shocked

What do you think of whats in space? what are we missing to make eve a more fun sand box.

This what ccp is missing, make a TOPIC and see were it could go with them changing feedback from main posted! Bear
PinkKnife
The Cuddlefish
Ethereal Dawn
#16 - 2012-06-04 17:13:04 UTC
I'd love to see binary star systems. Mechanically I don't think it would be too hard to do...
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2012-06-06 06:43:38 UTC
some more updates as requested more information, as what some in game ideas should do? Lol
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2012-07-04 20:07:51 UTC
more ideas added and looking for feedback on current topic!
BEPOHNKA
Ner Vod Fleet Systems
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2012-07-17 18:27:43 UTC
bump. looking for ideas to add on to pass along to CCP or even CSM! Shocked