These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

PLEX not awarded for new buddy account

Author
Sin Starik
Vakarian Industries
#1 - 2012-05-28 05:58:42 UTC
Why would CCP not pay PLEX for a buddy that signed up?
malaire
#2 - 2012-05-28 06:23:00 UTC
Sin Starik wrote:
Why would CCP not pay PLEX for a buddy that signed up?

If buddy uses non-allowed payment method, inviter does not get reward.

Currently rules says (https://secure.eveonline.com/buddy/#terms-conditions):
Quote:
  • Eligible subscription activations can be funded by Credit/Debit cards, PayPal, WebMoney Transfer, paysafecard, ETC, PLEX and iDeal
  • Payments not eligible for this offer: Direct Debit, CD Keys, including CD Keys purchased or received from non-CCP sources and online stores such as, but not limited to: Steam Store, Direct2Drive, Gamers Gate, Impulse Driven.

• Also if he used PayPal, CCP wants to do some check before they give PLEX, and it will take few days before PLEX is given.

And finally, are you sure inviter chose PLEX as reward. When making Buddy Invite, you can choose to get either 30 days of gametime (added directly to account) or PLEX as reward.

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Sin Starik
    Vakarian Industries
    #3 - 2012-05-28 12:46:48 UTC
    The inviter requested PLEX but was given 30 days game time instead. Does that happen all the time? From what I have seen so far this game is fantastic, and other players are generally helpful and welcoming, but if this is the way CCP treats its customers I'm not sure I want to stick around.
    Patient 2428190
    DEGRREE'Fo'FREE Internet Business School
    #4 - 2012-05-28 12:48:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Patient 2428190
    Sin Starik wrote:
    The inviter requested PLEX but was given 30 days game time instead. Does that happen all the time? From what I have seen so far this game is fantastic, and other players are generally helpful and welcoming, but if this is the way CCP treats its customers I'm not sure I want to stick around.

File a petition and wait 8-15 days.

Edit: Yes, that's how they treat people. They got your money now, you filled your role to them
    Harbonah
    Short Bus Window Licker
    #5 - 2012-05-28 13:50:17 UTC
    More than likely the inviter made a mistake when he chose his reward prior to sending the invite. He needs to check his past invites to see what he selected. Chances are he clicked the wrong thing.
    Sabotaged
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #6 - 2012-05-28 13:54:29 UTC
    The answer is posted here:
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1378999#post1378999

Adun Sindar is only 21 days old and not eligible to recieve PLEX rewards through the buddy invite according to the Terms and Conditions.
    RubyPorto
    RubysRhymes
    #7 - 2012-05-28 13:59:26 UTC
    Sabotaged wrote:
    The answer is posted here:
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1378999#post1378999

Adun Sindar is only 21 days old and not eligible to recieve PLEX rewards through the buddy invite according to the Terms and Conditions.

This is to stop the ability to create infinite 1 month alts for 1 plex that boomerangs back to you at the end.

Buy Plex > Buddy Invite > Plex Buddy > Get Plex > Buddy Invite > Plex Buddy > Get Plex > Buddy Invite > Plex Buddy > Get Plex > Buddy Invite > Plex Buddy > Get Plex > Buddy Invite > Plex Buddy > Get Plex > Buddy Invite > Plex Buddy > Get Plex > Buddy Invite > Plex Buddy > Get Plex > Sell Plex

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Orlacc
    #8 - 2012-05-28 14:02:00 UTC
    People need to learn to read before spending money. Will help in RL as well.

"Measure Twice, Cut Once."

Sin Starik
    Vakarian Industries
    #9 - 2012-05-28 14:57:55 UTC
    Orlacc wrote:

Read what? PLEX was offered as a choice, he chose PLEX, and he didn't get it.
    Eugene Spencer
    Panic Stations.
    #10 - 2012-05-28 15:09:03 UTC
    This has happened to me twice in the past three months. No biggy. Just petition and they'll sort it out. I got a response very quick last time - a few hours.

I have a specific comb for my beard.

RubyPorto
    RubysRhymes
    #11 - 2012-05-28 15:23:36 UTC
    Sin Starik wrote:
    Orlacc wrote:

Why are you arguing his case? He still owes you what he promised you re: Isk for signing up. If he doesn't pay, he's scammed you.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Sabotaged
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #12 - 2012-05-29 14:16:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Sabotaged
    Sin Starik wrote:
    Orlacc wrote:

You can try filing a petition but the way I understand it is the website isn't supposed to give players under 30 days the option.

I would be very interested in hearing the response if you petition.
    Reid Ardorei
    The Halcyon Directive
    #13 - 2012-05-29 17:10:53 UTC
    Yeah I made a mistake with this one recently, just had my ticket closed on it, but I think I understand why. My buddy didn't have the money yet, so I loaned him the money, but used my Paypal to do it, so I think CCP thinks I tried to scam them, unfortunately. I know better for the next time :(.
    Surfin's PlunderBunny
    Sebiestor Tribe
    Minmatar Republic
    #14 - 2012-05-29 17:24:20 UTC
    Sin Starik wrote:
    Orlacc wrote:

As a choice with restrictions, but he didn't read the restrictions

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny