These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Current Caldari Faction War

Author
Joanna Ramirez
Intaki Militia
#181 - 2012-05-25 18:33:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Joanna Ramirez
BolsterBomb wrote:
Hey !! I have never once in my eve life flown a condor.

You should try it. The funniest fleet i've ever flown was "loldor fleet" where we got 50 condors and died in glorious ball of fire. Though not before scoring some kills, including julius Feoderatus scorpion (Or was it Soter?). And yes, froggies actually responded to it by undocking bc/bs fleet Lol

Hell, some people even rigged their condors* for that fleet and rumor has it some slapped faction ab on his "for ze luls"

*guilty as charged Oops
Lance Shrike
Navigators Group Inc.
#182 - 2012-05-25 18:50:02 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Lance Shrike wrote:

Forgive me, my friend, but my loyalty is to the State only and I wish to fly under Caldari banner Smile Nevertheless thanks for the offer.
Another new FW pilot doomed to fly warp core stabbed Condors for the rest of his life. You were warned.

At least you'll get someone to shoot at :)
HazeInADaze
Safari Hunt Club
#183 - 2012-05-25 19:53:03 UTC
Can some give me the Coles notes on Cal/Gal fw? Number of pilots. Activity. Expect short term balance?

I just logged in after a year off. Joined gal fw and it seems like caldari have been pushed back and turtled up. Is this just a recent short term thing? Or should I switch sides if my M.O. is fighting outnumbered.
Lock out
Shadows Of The Federation
#184 - 2012-05-26 04:08:58 UTC
HazeInADaze wrote:
Can some give me the Coles notes on Cal/Gal fw? Number of pilots. Activity. Expect short term balance?

I just logged in after a year off. Joined gal fw and it seems like caldari have been pushed back and turtled up. Is this just a recent short term thing? Or should I switch sides if my M.O. is fighting outnumbered.

Switch sides, it will be at least 4-6 months till the balance of power has any chance of changing.
Owena Owoked
Dedicated Individuals Committed to Killing
#185 - 2012-05-26 19:23:06 UTC
HazeInADaze wrote:

Turtled up? I don't know where you get your information from but ever since the change Cal Mil has been on a rampage moving that bar up to get the good LP offerings. We are at stage two right now and I give it about another week until we are stage 3. Within the month we will have stage 4. Making plex running profitable is the last thing the frogs needed to have happen. It will be a sad day for the frogs when one plex buys us 2 Hookbills.
Lock out
#186 - 2012-05-26 20:04:09 UTC
Owena Owoked wrote:
HazeInADaze wrote:

Turtled up? I don't know where you get your information from but ever since the change Cal Mil has been on a rampage moving that bar up to get the good LP offerings. We are at stage two right now and I give it about another week until we are stage 3. Within the month we will have stage 4. Making plex running profitable is the last thing the frogs needed to have happen. It will be a sad day for the frogs when one plex buys us 2 Hookbills.

Yes, boast some more about your awesomness at PVE and farming
Qui Lani
Doomheim
#187 - 2012-05-26 20:37:51 UTC
With the new patch, PVE aka plex farming plays just an important role as PVP. I know SOTF makes their money in other ways but there are many militia pilots who do use LP as a way to subsidize their PVP activities. So from this angle, I do see the Caldari controlling the warzone better than the Gallente simply because they have more numbers on their side than Gal does
Lock out
#188 - 2012-05-26 21:20:49 UTC
Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with funding your PVP trough PVE, the problem is when PVE becomes a goal in itself.
HazeInADaze
Safari Hunt Club
#189 - 2012-05-26 23:18:10 UTC
Owena Owoked wrote:
It will be a sad day for the frogs when one plex buys us 2 Hookbills.

Actually, it would be a very happy day if I had hookbills to shoot at everywhere. So hurry up and get those plexes done.

Owena Owoked
Dedicated Individuals Committed to Killing
#190 - 2012-05-27 01:41:23 UTC
Lock out wrote:
Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with funding your PVP trough PVE, the problem is when PVE becomes a goal in itself.

The goal in FW has always been PvE, CCP just finally made it profitable to actually do it now. So don't act like PvP is the goal while you sit down in your station only undocking your blob to catch small groups of pilots in the tunnel system. And that is why you will lose, because no longer can you play LoL only undocking the blob to kill and still win the war.
Cat Casidy
Percussive Diplomacy
Intergalactic Space Hobos
#191 - 2012-05-27 01:58:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Cat Casidy
I'm sorry , did you say TWO Hookbills!? Holy hell I'll just pack my bags now. Nitwit.

(Hopefully my sarcasm made it through the internet intact)

Shadow Adanza
Gold Crest Salvage
#192 - 2012-05-27 07:38:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Shadow Adanza
Owena Owoked wrote:
Lock out wrote:

The goal in FW has always been PvE, CCP just finally made it profitable to actually do it now. So don't act like PvP is the goal while you sit down in your station only undocking your blob to catch small groups of pilots in the tunnel system. And that is why you will lose, because no longer can you play LoL only undocking the blob to kill and still win the war.
I wasn't aware the Gallente cared about "The War" when it comes to running plexes. It's pretty much like the old system, just more drawn out. The popular systems are going to be plexed until they're flipped, then once they're flipped the new offensive side will go and plex it before flipping it back because really... what reward is there for defensive plexing? None to really speak of. It's just the swing of the pendulum back and forth as far as systems go... the only thing that's changed is the time it takes to do it. Personally I could care less how much the Caldari plex and what tier they're at. I just want to make ships explode and if the Caldari running plexes gets me more targets to make go boom... by all means, plex away.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Cromwell Savage
The Screaming Seagulls
#193 - 2012-05-27 13:32:45 UTC
Owena Owoked wrote:

Been in FW for 3 years now...and all I have to say to this is......BWAHAHAHA!

Lock out
#194 - 2012-05-27 14:04:25 UTC
Owena Owoked wrote:

The goal in FW has always been PvE.

Finally, caldari coming out of the closet. Don't feel ashamed son, embrace who you are.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#195 - 2012-05-27 14:06:55 UTC
Owena Owoked wrote:
Lock out wrote:

Three things:
1. This Owena person must be a spai! How did she know we play LoL all time?
2. My guess is that Lock out will have more to say on Occupancy Warfare once a system becomes vulnerable and the hordes of plexing fleets aren't protected by gates.
3. QCATS is getting 50+ FW kills (final blows on opposing militias) every day since the patch. We keep killing these Caldari Militia rats, and they keep respawning! We'll see who can hold out the longest. Great fun all around, tbh.
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#196 - 2012-05-27 15:37:39 UTC
Shadow Adanza wrote:
I wasn't aware the Gallente cared about "The War" when it comes to running plexes.

Is this gonna be the new Gal line when Caldari start taking back systems and start pushing you guys back?

Last year it was Gals didn't plex because it didn't mean anything.. Then Caldari went AFK and Gals took a bunch of systems, so now Caldari are building back and it will soon be "didn't want that system anyway".. right?

Seems you guys have given up defending, now that it's not so easy to just out blob us.
Lock out
#197 - 2012-05-27 15:49:04 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
Shadow Adanza wrote:
I wasn't aware the Gallente cared about "The War" when it comes to running plexes.

Is this gonna be the new Gal line when Caldari start taking back systems and start pushing you guys back?

Last year it was Gals didn't plex because it didn't mean anything.. Then Caldari went AFK and Gals took a bunch of systems, so now Caldari are building back and it will soon be "didn't want that system anyway".. right?

Seems you guys have given up defending, now that it's not so easy to just out blob us.

As XG said, there's always the bunker :)
Mutnin
SQUIDS.
#198 - 2012-05-27 16:00:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Mutnin
Lock out wrote:
Owena Owoked wrote:

The goal in FW has always been PvE.

Finally, caldari coming out of the closet. Don't feel ashamed son, embrace who you are.

You do understand that all those ISK farmers Caldari has been stuck with for years, are now going to win us the plexing front?

The funny side effect to this PVE is that you guys if you want to keep your home in Nis will now be forced to sit there & orbit buttons de-contesting your system each day. How long are you willing to keep doing that?

I find sitting in high sec with 3 low sec entrances with-in two jumps rather comfortable right about now. Blink

Lock out wrote:

As XG said, there's always the bunker :)

That of course can still be ninjd in middle of the night.. as they mostly always are by both sides anyway.
Lock out
#199 - 2012-05-27 16:14:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Lock out
Mutnin wrote:

I find sitting in high sec rather comfortable right about now. Blink

Keep coming out of the closet guys, nothing to be ashamed of.

Kidding aside, nice job in Catch.
Shadow Adanza
Gold Crest Salvage
#200 - 2012-05-27 16:20:02 UTC
Mutnin wrote:
Shadow Adanza wrote:

We took a bunch of systems because there was literally nothing else to do. The Caldari wouldn't fight unless we pushed them to the limit. So, we pushed them to the limit.

Why would we defend? We get no LP for it. It's literally a waste of time. And you're putting too much stock into the Gallente blob. Truthfully, most of us would rather have an even fight and we've been getting a lot more of them lately. The blob is fun on some nights (the reactions are hilarious!) but even fights are much funner... I like the thrill of not knowing the outcome.

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?