These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Faction Warfare - Nerf to PI?

Author
Oxford Blue
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2012-05-26 09:57:58 UTC
So I had a few PI planets in a certain low sec FW system which were setup before the Inferno Expansion
Took the majority of the customs offices
But
Since the Inferno Expansion I can not deploy any more PI as I am not a member of the Sov holding Alliance
I'm Guessing this means that I would have to join FW to deploy PI on a planet now?

Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#2 - 2012-05-26 11:12:51 UTC
That could be an interesting change. The safe bet is to bug report it, on the chance that it was unintentional.

Ratchman
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-05-26 12:25:06 UTC
Interestingly enough, I am in a militia that has sovereignty over a system, but it still won't let me create a new colony on that planet. I've just raised the issue as a petition, as that can't be right.
Brewlar Kuvakei
Adeptio Gloriae
#4 - 2012-05-26 13:08:37 UTC
Prediction faction warfare, PI and Dust will be interlinked ie the only PI that Dust players will be fighting over is owned and located in FW areas. These plannets will give great PI but you have to be in the militia to have a HQ on it.
Oxford Blue
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2012-05-26 17:01:46 UTC
Think I shall petition it also
May have been an oversite
Bado Sten
Republican Guard
#6 - 2012-05-27 09:59:51 UTC
Ratchman wrote:
Interestingly enough, I am in a militia that has sovereignty over a system, but it still won't let me create a new colony on that planet. I've just raised the issue as a petition, as that can't be right.

Yeah, I had the same issue. HAve reported it as I am in the militia holding sov there.
Wa'roun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2012-05-28 07:45:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Wa'roun
+1 as I just posted about this then saw this thread.
Ridiculous when one system that is held by Gallente you have PI on, yet the next system over that is Gallente 50.1% contested you can't.

edit: forgot to mention I had a site in the contested system, removed it, and later wanted to rebuild on a different planet but now I can't. I don't remember if I had the previous build set up prior to Inferno or not.
Oxford Blue
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2012-05-29 12:04:24 UTC
Anyone else have this problem?
Teutonii
Viriette MicroLabs
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#9 - 2012-05-29 14:45:02 UTC
Oxford Blue wrote:
Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, in addition to the replies in this thread there are other people reporting the same issue in this thread and this thread.

From the responses across all three threads I'm assuming there have been a number of petitions filed (as I have done) so it's a case of waiting for a response.
Wa'roun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2012-05-29 20:17:08 UTC
I submitted a bug report (F12 for those of you that don't know how).

I don't see how petitioning will help. Devs will have to put in a fix not GMs.
Lone Gunman
Forhotea Corporation
#11 - 2012-05-29 20:17:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Lone Gunman
Was NOT fixed with this Inferno 1.03 patch.
Wa'roun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2012-05-30 05:16:11 UTC
Thank you for your bugreport titled: Planetary Interaction blocked in Faction Warfare under own sovereignty
We are already aware of this problem, and have added your bugreport to the existing issue in our defect tracking system.
DonRA Duki
Addicted to Shljivovica
Addicted to Shljivovica Alliance
#13 - 2012-05-30 11:24:46 UTC
new patch says its fixed will check